• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

September 11th Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
Years
September 11th Discussion (US Members)

If you outside the US, you can still talk about 9/11, but please be careful. Flaming users from the us or Flaming the United States or George Bush isn't permitted.

Now the time come, It's time to talk about what happened on Sepember 11th. Tommow, it will be the 2nd year since 9/11 happened.

Kairi said:
Okay, anyone who gets caught up in any emtion here, anger, sadness, joy whatever will probably be the one who gets this topic closed.

-Do NOT post here if you are upset with someone

-Do NOT post here if you can't control yourself in a discussion with people with different views

-Do NOT post here if all you can do is say "Somebody sucks! Let's flame them yeeeah!"

-Do NOT try to offend anyone, be they forum leaders or members

-Do NOT swear, even if you really feel the need to. It will be edited out.

This topic is one of the most dangerous on boards, I will be watching this closely. I won't hesitate to close this, and no new ones will be made.

Keep it mature, open minded, and respectful.

And DO NOT flame other races that caused this. :P

Note to Mods: Please Sticky this now. Unsticky at 12:00 AM PT

Last edited:

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
yes be careful , we dont want any flame wars

anywho , i believe we should go to school on september 11 , because it might be fatal , also my teachers get real emotional and some people just dont care .. some peopl claimed to see the devil in smoke clouds , and that made me so sad

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
Years
Its sick how someone would do that...i mean its just stupid, they knew we woulda went there and take em down...

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
I didn't like that name on the thread, that could offend people.

Just because you aren't from the states doesn't mean you can't feel bad and deeply mourn that day.

Likewise, many people in the US disrespect the President, so I took that tag off.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
actually a lot of people hated bush ever since the attack on iraq (i agree on the Afghan part, but not the other half), be it US or not.

Sept 11th was truly a sad day as things go so "peaceful" that day until suddenly this crazy guy comes in and takes down so much people along with the WTC/Pentagon just to deliver some "messages?" Please get real... there's always ways to just talk things out. Don't need a plane to solve problems...

Canada didn't have anything special in school for this day and life goes on as usual. But let's not forget about the people who died this day, and the soldiers who had fought against the terrorists in Afghan 2 years ago. Their work will always be remembered.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 23, 2014
I was like in a daze when my Dad first called us. I thought that It'll be fine, but I had no idea that it'll colaspe. o.O I jsut don't get what are those people thinking? *sighs* ._. *is scared to ramble more in fear of creating flamewars*

Soph

Chasing Arcanine with a spoon XD
Years
i dont really think that is a good idea, iut could create a bad argument, thois is judging from a thread at the old PC...

Gr8Person62

I do stuff.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 14, 2003
frostweaver said:
Sept 11th was truly a sad day as things go so "peaceful" that day until suddenly this crazy guy comes in and takes down so much people along with the WTC/Pentagon just to deliver some "messages?" Please get real... there's always ways to just talk things out. Don't need a plane to solve problems...

Talk things out? Tell that to your Government (Mainly President). I don't see him talking anything out. He's the one who started the war.. I feel really bad about how you only know the side of the story that was shown to you by the media.. You hardly know anything about the "truth"... Being an Arab myself, and (GrandParents) fleeing my county 20 years ago because of this, I should know.(and do)
Yes, were all sad about the deaths and all, but please, I hate stereotypes. You can't just say that the attack was to "Deliver Messages" or whatever, the attack took place for a perfectly good reason. And you think 2500 people dying is bad? How about a lot more than that (don't know the exact number, but clearly over 8000), as well as an entire county being stolen, and big chunks of other countries being attacked for land.. Hows that for terrorism? Your country does worse than it owns up to..

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
Years
Haruka said:
If you outside the US, you can still talk about 9/11, but please be careful. Flaming users from the us or Flaming the United States or George Bush isn't permitted.

Now the time come, It's time to talk about what happened on Sepember 11th. Tommow, it will be the 2nd year since 9/11 happened.

Note to Mods: Please Sticky this now. Unsticky at 12:00 AM PT

So that means Al Quida and Baath Party bashing is allowed? Yay!

Gr8Person62, Al Quida and their supporters started this war by attacking the United States. Are you saying that the USA should just sit idle while people are waging a war on them?

Gr8Person62

I do stuff.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 14, 2003
Shining Arcanine said:
So that means Al Quida and Baath Party bashing is allowed? Yay!

Gr8Person62, Al Quida and their supporters started this war by attacking the United States. Are you saying that the USA should just sit idle while people are waging a war on them?
But, your not getting the point, Al Quida didn't attack the United States for the heck of it, they were retaliating. They had a good reason to attack. Just like you said, your not gonna sit idle when your county is bieng attacked. So thats exactly what they did.. They attacked... heres a Histroy Lesson:

After World War II, most of the Jewish population had died. As Germany was the county they had settled into, it no longer was, and they had no land to call their own. Therefore, no Jewish Nation. After that, there was the discovery of (very valuable) Oil in the middle east (Arab Nations). The United States took note of this, and supplied the Jewish people (Israel) with weapons and such, to wage a war on the weakest Arab nation, which was Palestine.. In hope of an accomplishment of taking over some countries, and Israel to supply the United States with Oil. They succeeded in overthrowing the Palestinians, and continued to battle other countries for more land.
The Wealthiest and most powerfull Arab nation, Syria, took action against this, and helped other Arab nations claim back their land, and they did. Till this day though, Palestine and Israel are still at war, as you should frequently se on the news. Most parts of some Arab nations where blown up to pieces (Including my home town, but that was long ago).. The United States where blamed for this.. The Attack on September the 11th was Revenge, and a warning to the United States.

Thats the simplest way I can put it.. You might want to lok futher into that if you want, but it's a loooong story, including owning of religious land where supposedly Jesus was born (called, "The Holy Land") and Anti-Jewdaism...

Gr8Person62

I do stuff.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 14, 2003
Sometimes it's clear to me that most PC members are just pathetic and immature, no matter how mature they may seem at first -_-

If you want, I could turn this into a flame war...

Gr8Person62

I do stuff.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 14, 2003
Exactly what do you mean by that?... I wouldn't be surprised if you edited, or deleted your post by the time I post this...

Ok, so It's alright to flame the ones who attacked the United States, but it's not alright to flame the United States and it's President? Huh, you guys should grow up..

It seems to me that all you guys are, are just a bunch of idiots who live their lives influenced by the media, and base all aspects of life on stereotypes.. Of all People, SA, who would have thought you'd be one of them.. well, I'm ****ed off now, so I'm outta here...

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
Years
Gr8Person62 said:
Exactly what do you mean by that?... I wouldn't be surprised if you edited, or deleted your post by the time I post this...

Ok, so It's alright to flame the ones who attacked the United States, but it's not alright to flame the United States and it's President? Huh, you guys should grow up..

It seems to me that all you guys are, are just a bunch of idiots who live their lives influenced by the media, and base all aspects of life on stereotypes.. Of all People, SA, who would have thought you'd be one of them.. well, I'm pissed off now, so I'm outta here...

So does this mean you support, endorse, etc terrorism? Do you have any idea how many people died 9/11 because of a bunch of faithless cowards?

Gr8Person62

I do stuff.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 14, 2003
No I don't endorse it. I just hate people who think whatever they heard is always right.. You think it's sad that people died on 9/11? How would you like to live in a country when hundreds of people die each weak because of your country.. How would you like to be living in fear every minute of your life, knowing that at any moment, some bloody jew will come out of no where and blow you up, as a warning to your country to surrender or they'll do more of this?? Huh?
ust cause there was a terror attack on your country doesn't mean your country isn't doing anything... they started this because of their selfishness, and hunger for money. The lives of others outside their country doesn't mean much to them... They want to be the most powerfull. They have to be.. thats the way they see things. they want to run the world.. What their doing is completly against God's will...
But I'm not just gonna sit here, and read crap from people, which isn't even half true. You hardly know the full story to even begin judging who's the good guy, and who's the bad...

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
Years
I know the full story and I am not going to debate with you over that.

Btw, for disrespect towards forum leaders, should I ban you for 24 hours now or wait for an admin to come online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back