• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Pokémon Odyssey: Search For Cresselia (OOC + SU)

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
You know what, the might not be too far off, Xil. I'll try to still post here on occasions if there happens to be someone not in the skype chat.

If you're not in, PM me your username if you'd like to be, and I'll add you in! It's a great way to communicate, work together, and ask questions!

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Alright guys, we've got things underway! At the moment, we've got two main groups (for Gold Tribe at least). One that's heading toward the wall to protect the city, and another that's ensuring that the citizens are teleported out of the city. We'll probably be doing JPs or single posts for those (if you want in on either, let us know!). Or if you like, you can also do your own thing. Enjoy!

-SV

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
You guys do everything important while I'm at work! Stahp it! >:(

I do not have Skype because it makes me mad. Haha.

But I'm going to join the group defending the city. Gotta have a general and all.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I made a post to establish Victor's position when everything started going down. now I just have to find the Madman. *Shudders*

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Apologies about my short post. I had like 30 minutes to write it, but then things happened and I had like fifteen and I need to go to work and all. It establishes where THIS general is going.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022

The story so far...

Pokemon from all across Valkaria (and some from beyond it) arrive to the thirtieth anniversary celebrating the end of the Silver War. Many Pokemon, especially some Gold Tribe and Seekers, are skeptical about the party, which was organized by General Grett. The grandiose design and festival which the ceremony has become, was thought by many to be unnecessary, too festive and less honoring, and just downright pointless. Though many respect the sacrifices of the Silver War, there are also some believe that Darkrai never actually appeared in the closing stages of the war, and that the war was conducted by former members of the Gold Tribe in the form of the Silver Tribe. This group, or movement, is called the Valkarian Exposure and is led by a former Commander Hypno known as Thomas Blake.

The party progressed on, with many old acquaintances meeting back up and some new ones meeting for the first time. Notable dignitaries included the Thieves with their King Snype, the Seekers and their leader Penance, SEC employees and their founder Hanso, the Gold Tribe and their leader Guardia, as well as many more surprising and some new faces. As the ceremony for the fallen was conducted, however, Thomas Blake got into an argument with another General, Riken, about the nature of the Silver War's end. Soon after, Grett revealed a surprising bit of information, his involvement with Darkrai, which promptly led to his appearance along the outskirts of Gold City soon after, along with an army. Grett was soon dispatched, and everyone got to work. The defense of Gold City had begun, with the Gold Tribe and other defenders clamoring over to the wall of the city, while others heading to the SEC Network points (there being three) to try and evacuate all the non-combating citizens to other cities.

Unknown to the defenders originally, a Greninja believed to be working, perhaps voluntarily, with Darkrai, has begun destroying the Network points. He has successfully destroyed Network point two with a Hyper Beam Cannon, and proceeded to Network point three. A fire had mysteriously begun around Network point three. The Greninja was discovered by Snype, Paradox (Penance), and other defenders of the Alpha Alliance. The Hyper Beam Cannon was fired, but the network point was thankfully not destroyed, and in the process of being moved (as it is somewhat portable by SEC employees). Though in apparent captivity, the Darkrai agent known as Gabriel, or Gabe, hinted at possible other infiltrators into the city. At the same time at Network point one, an Ursaring revealed himself and began causing mayhem around there as well, apparently with the goal to destroy the Network point there.

Meanwhile at the wall, the defense of the city began. Darkrai's army was vast and wide, but with the Gold Tribe, the Alpha Alliance, Hyper Beam Cannons and a small, evil Ralts, the walls were being held off. Stampedes and other Pokemon charged for the gates, but were held off. An enormous Wailord began to be carried by the Pokemon of Darkrai. It seemed to support a lot of weight on it, despite the Wailord's notoriety for being quite light. Even with some armor plating around it, it didn't appear to make much sense yet. However, with a bit of a psychic disturbance from Razathiel, the Wailord was initially tipped over and caused destructive damage to the armies of Darkrai. The Pokemon of Darkrai quickly recovered the Wailord, put psychic barriers around to prevent additional mishaps, and proceeded again forward to the wall. The Gold Tribe and General Warren headed over the gate to take on a few enemies close range, and the defense of Gold City continued.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Sorry about my lack of activity this week. With the Get Together over now, I had to attend to my new mod duties, as well as some RL business. Hopefully from here on out I should be able to keep up better. I'll be on the Skype Chat tomorrow and be posting sometime then.

Post numbah 69! Awwww yeah!

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Hey everyone! Read Mega's latest Odyssey post, which is a JP with me! It'll lay out the group's plan to basically get out of here. Anyone else that wouldn't have been mentioned (if you believe so) can also head to Network Point 3. You can either do a JP with someone (or myself) or a single post (what is that???). From there, we're taking off from the city and heading to the real adventure!

If you have any questions, message me on skype, PM, or VM me!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I just wanted to say that it's been really hard for me to want to RP lately, and I'm really not sure why. I am seriously considering quitting because I'm not so sure I have the drive to roleplay any more. It's a really tough decision for me, I mean I love playing the characters I make, but lately it has gotten to the point where keeping up with an RP just feels like a chore that I want to put off as long as I can. The fact that I really haven't been able to get stable internet over the last month has not helped at all. Anyway, I just wanted to keep you guys in the loop about what's going on with me.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Necrum! Obviously, you should do what you want to do, and if you feel that way about this, know that there's no obligation to do it. So let me know on your final decision, and best of luck to you either way.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
I realize it's long overdue, but I'll be quitting this. Personal reasons. I leave Synner in the hands of Greiger, unless our esteemed GM has any objections.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Gotcha, Xil. Thanks for letting us know. Good luck and see ya around!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Well I decided that I'm out for sure. If you want to use Victor still, SV, that's okay with me. I had a lot of fun RPing with you guys over the last couple years, but eventually all things have to end. You can consider me out of the One Piece RP as well, SV. Maybe I'll decide to come back when college comes back and I have a place with much better internet, but I really can't say for certain. Have fun, everyone! I'll miss you!

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Alright Necrum. Thanks for letting me know. Good luck with everything, and we hope to see you down the road!

So we've had a few dropouts lately so I'll re-open SUs for someone if they want to apply. (:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Sound good DeathofShadows! Shoot me a PM or VM if you need any help.

The Story so Far:

Pokemon from all across Valkaria (and some from beyond it) arrive to the thirtieth anniversary celebrating the end of the Silver War. Many Pokemon, especially some Gold Tribe and Seekers, are skeptical about the party, which was organized by General Grett. The grandiose design and festival which the ceremony has become, was thought by many to be unnecessary, too festive and less honoring, and just downright pointless. Though many respect the sacrifices of the Silver War, there are also some believe that Darkrai never actually appeared in the closing stages of the war, and that the war was conducted by former members of the Gold Tribe in the form of the Silver Tribe. This group, or movement, is called the Valkarian Exposure and is led by a former Commander Hypno known as Thomas Blake.

The party progressed on, with many old acquaintances meeting back up and some new ones meeting for the first time. Notable dignitaries included the Thieves with their King Snype, the Seekers and their leader Penance, SEC employees and their founder Hanso, the Gold Tribe and their leader Guardia, as well as many more surprising and some new faces. As the ceremony for the fallen was conducted, however, Thomas Blake got into an argument with another General, Riken, about the nature of the Silver War's end. Soon after, Grett revealed a surprising bit of information, his involvement with Darkrai, which promptly led to his appearance along the outskirts of Gold City soon after, along with an army. Grett was soon dispatched, and everyone got to work. The defense of Gold City had begun, with the Gold Tribe and other defenders clamoring over to the wall of the city, while others heading to the SEC Network points (there being three) to try and evacuate all the non-combating citizens to other cities.

Unknown to the defenders originally, a Greninja believed to be working, perhaps voluntarily, with Darkrai, has begun destroying the Network points. He has successfully destroyed Network point two with a Hyper Beam Cannon, and proceeded to Network point three. A fire had mysteriously begun around Network point three. The Greninja was discovered by Snype, Paradox (Penance), and other defenders of the Alpha Alliance. The Hyper Beam Cannon was fired, but the network point was thankfully not destroyed, and in the process of being moved (as it is somewhat portable by SEC employees). Though in apparent captivity, the Darkrai agent known as Gabriel, or Gabe, hinted at possible other infiltrators into the city. At the same time at Network point one, an Ursaring revealed himself and began causing mayhem around there as well, apparently with the goal to destroy the Network point there.

Meanwhile at the wall, the defense of the city began. Darkrai's army was vast and wide, but with the Gold Tribe, the Alpha Alliance, Hyper Beam Cannons and a small, evil Ralts, the walls were being held off. Stampedes and other Pokemon charged for the gates, but were held off. An enormous Wailord began to be carried by the Pokemon of Darkrai. It seemed to support a lot of weight on it, despite the Wailord's notoriety for being quite light. Even with some armor plating around it, it didn't appear to make much sense yet. However, with a bit of a psychic disturbance from Razathiel, the Wailord was initially tipped over and caused destructive damage to the armies of Darkrai. The Pokemon of Darkrai quickly recovered the Wailord, put psychic barriers around to prevent additional mishaps, and proceeded again forward to the wall. The Gold Tribe and General Warren headed over the gate to take on a few enemies close range, and the defense of Gold City continued.

At the wall, the giant wailord that was being carried by the Darkrai forces was actually filled with Electrode. The 'mon at the wall managed to damage and partially destroy the wailord before it reached the wall, but it still ended up unleashing most of them closeby the wall and blowing up half of the main gate and taking down a good portion of the mon there. General Riken found Guardia there among the survivors and basically relayed the plan to her to do that mission she was planning tomorrow (check OOC) now instead, so she basically asked her to gather everyone she wanted to bring and take them to Network Point 3. They're all heading there now. At Network Point One, there were a group of Pokemon who were trying to destroy the Network there, an Ursaring, Machamp, and Ariados. They were tough opponents, particularly the Ursaring, but all were eventually taken out. Alex and Obsidian took out the Machamp with a sleeping dart, while Charlie took out the Ariados. A joint effort by Scar, Gaia (Naku NPC), Desmond (Naku NPC) and Atrox was used to take out the Ursaring. Gabriel arrived there too, and ended up destroying Network Point one in a concealed explosion at the same time as the explosion on the wall. So only Network Point 3 is left. In the end, Scar stayed behind to fight off Gabriel, while the rest continued on to Network Point 3.

From there, Riken and Guardia explained to the gathered about their mission, and of how they had to leave Gold City now to accomplish it. Fighting off the armies would only prolong the inevitable. The only way to win was to do what was originally intended: Find Cresselia. Along with that, they would get any help they could from the other countries in terms of fighting Darkrai's armies.

The group were teleported by the Network to Fort Ferrol, which was a relatively small outpost just north of Valkaria in an area known as the Valkaria Protectorate. It wasn't a country per say, as within it was only a collection of a few separate villages. Ferrol was half abandoned when they got there, including most of the Gold Tribe which was stationed there because they went off to help Gold City. However, there remained a couple of Gold Tribe members: 'Wraith' the Dusknoir, 'Whirlwind' the Fearow, and 'Reign' the Seaking. Along with them, there was a Seeker and SEC base, as well as a few dozen villagers who still occupied the village/fort.

The group spent the rest of the day resting, eating, and getting to know each other. Snype and Kaveri went on their second date, the first being in Gold City just before the attack. Guardia discovered Charlie, a traitor of the Gold Tribe and current member of the thieves, and confronted him. The brothers Joshua and Charlie met up, with the conversation going quite sour. Thomas, Sylvio, Cal, Raz, and Anna all met up and talked within the inn in town. The following day, the group gathered together to decide where they would begin their journey. After some debate, they ultimately decided on beginning in Tollen. From there, the group dispersed once more, everyone doing their own thing. At this point, Guardia once more confronted Charlie, with the two butting heads, but didn't resort to fighting. Guardia also spoke to Snype, frustrated that he had been hiding so much information from her about the extent of his organization. A similar conversation took place with Penance. Joshua and Cal also shared their reservations about trusting some of the non-Gold Tribe members of the group. The following day, they met again to discuss how they would get into Tollen, and what they would be doing once they got there.

DeathofShadows

The Brightest Darkness
Years
Sorry about the delay! School and writer's block aren't all that conducive for writing an SU.

Name: Alexis

Species: Gardevoir

Faction: Seekers

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Generally speaking, Alexis looks, sounds, and often even acts like a female. In fact, most encounters he is mistaken as such. No one knows why this may be, though it could be conjectured that it is but a subconscious self-defense measure, protecting him from the traumas he has experienced.

He is 5'7", an average height for a Gardevoir, and as most of his species are quite skinny. He is almost always smiling around people he knows, and despite his dark past never seems to be affected in any bad way. Most times, Alexis prefers to float with his psychic powers as opposed to walking, though when he does, it is with a formal, almost aristocratic air.

Personality: Initially, people may explain Alexis as rude, self-centered, perhaps even ignorant. While it is true that the hard working Gardevoir has a cold side, one that rears its head more than he may intend, he remains kind, understanding, and protective towards those he trusts. He is not secretive as to whom this is, either. If you have gained Alexis's favor, it will be quite apparent. He honors the goals of the Seekers daily, and many a night stress may consume him due to his lack of progress. When faced with difficulty, though, he faces it head on, and backing down is an option that one can rarely talk him into accepting. He is a master of quick thinking, using his broad mind to quickly analyze weaknesses of an enemy, and a strategist by training. When the time comes for indirect combat, he uses his psychic abilities to confuse and misdirect opponents, going in for the kill after sowing strife within the ranks of the enemy.

As for lifelong goals, Alexis intends to die fighting. This does not mean that he is the type to want to die in battle, though. Even if he lives to see the end of this conflict, and settles down for once in his life, Alexis intends to always be a warrior at heart. Perhaps some day he may find a soulmate, something he doubts entirely, and it is not a goal she finds worthy of pursuing currently. He sees it as his destiny to at least be in the party that discovers Cresselia, though at times he is ambitious enough to claim that he will be the one and only.

As far as his lifestyle, Alexis is what some may call the model citizen. He dislikes large crowds, and rarely speaks in front of a number of strangers. He despises war, and has only joined the fight because of that, and still has vivid memories of what the previous one did to what had been a peaceful life. He does, however, really like to explore, and discovering new things is quite exciting for him. Perhaps that is what gave him the initiative to join the Seekers, as opposed to "hiding behind walls, hoping for someone else to fix his problems," as he says.

History: As a young one, Alexis led a rather normal life. His father, a heroic Gallade, had always been prone to fits of rage, though he was mostly able to control who it was directed at. His mother, he had no memory of. According to his father, she had run off soon after birthing him. His adopted mother though, a Lucario by the name of Megan, filled the gap quite well. Overall, it was a happy enough life.

Then, the nightmares began.

The first occurred on the new moon of the year of his fifteenth birthday, the year that he officially came of age. His few attempts to explain what had happened to his mother were usually seen as just a dream, and that was the end of it. Alexis, however, had an inkling of what was actually happening.

Over the next two and a half years, the nightmares became more frequent. He had stopped trying to explain them a while ago. They had gotten more intense as time went on, as well. They had even begun changing him, and the changes were not looking good.

It was at this time that he turned to the Seekers. He had heard that they were masters of cleansing inner darkness, and it seemed like his only avenue of escape.

Almost three years had passed since that first nightmare when Alexis finally had a full, dreamless sleep. The past several months had been spent with the Seekers, honing his psychic powers both outward and in. He was finally free of Darkrai's influence!

Then, the Dark One's forces attacked the Capital. In the rush, he had been separated from his mentor, and found himself far from home. He now plans on regrouping with the local group of Pokemon that had been teleported with to the far off outpost.

Moveset: Psychic, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Shadow Ball, Teleport, Protect

RP Sample: [from Dragon Cave's Shadows]

Dark. A slight breeze. His favorite weather.

Kalek stood atop a building, looking down at the extensive city of Rome. His target was already fast asleep. In fact, most of the city was so. No crowds, or loud vendors. Kalek smiled to himself, and began silently running accross the rooftops.

He soon arived at a pricey manor, and was pleased to see only the slaves quarters active and light. He stole between shadows, climbing with ease. He stopped at a balcony. A balcony that led to the bedroom. A balcony that concealed his target.

Kalek crept into the dark room, silent as a gust of wind. His long, wavy cloak broke up his form, dissolving his muscular physique into the shadows. Kalek drew his dagger, a beautiful work, and walked silently up to the large, four poster bed. The blade flashed, and another fell beneath what some had begun to call the Black Crow.

Kalek sheathed the dagger, and muttered something in French. He placed his cerimonial feather in the now deceased noble's hair, and was gone within a few seconds, running along rooftops once again.

Kalek finished his running at a run-down, nearly deserted building. He climbed to the attic, and dropped among his belongings, as few as they were. He drew a piece of parchment and a raven feather quill from a box, and sat at a makeshift desk. He then began writing, his elegant script flowing accross the page. He read it to himself after he finished. It read;

'Le général à la retraite a été assassiné, selon les commandes. J'attends ma prochaine affectation.'
[The retired general has been assassinated, as per orders. I await my next assignment.]
-Kalek Noire

Kalek nodded to himself, and opened the cage atop his desk. He tied the note to the pigeon inside, and sent it flying off. In less than an hour, it would arrive at the Brotherhood's barracks, where the letter would be delivered directly to one of the masters.

Theme Song: Eir Aoi - Innocence

Back