• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen MyBoy Android Link Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
Long story short, I have zero friends in real life, and I haven't been able to find a community for users of the GBA Emulator "MyBoy" to gather and link up. So, I figured I'd see if anyone here was interested.

The purpose of this thread is to gather anyone interested in linking up on MyBoy and Trading or Battling on Gen 3. Post in here to find some partners willing to link up and have some fun :3.

The members of this thread will not assist in locating ROMs or related things. Google exists for this reason.

Trainer 766

I have My Boy! The only problem being I only play ROM Hacks. But I'll try and play the originals in order to join. Will that be okay?

Also, I need internet for that, right?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
Sure we can play if you want!I have Visual Boy Advance can those link up?

Unfortunately VBA isn't compatible. I've ran a few tests, and couldn't get them to link up, though I have successfully linked two phones together over the internet.

I have My Boy! The only problem being I only play ROM Hacks. But I'll try and play the originals in order to join. Will that be okay?

Also, I need internet for that, right?

ROM hacks could work, but only if I had a copy of your hack. Each party requires a copy of the other side's ROM. This would require sharing of ROMs, which is against the rules here. And yes, unless we're on the same network or close enough to link via Bluetooth, Internet is required. WiFi or 3G/4G will work.

Trainer 766

Unfortunately VBA isn't compatible. I've ran a few tests, and couldn't get them to link up, though I have successfully linked two phones together over the internet.

ROM hacks could work, but only if I had a copy of your hack. Each party requires a copy of the other side's ROM. This would require sharing of ROMs, which is against the rules here. And yes, unless we're on the same network or close enough to link via Bluetooth, Internet is required. WiFi or 3G/4G will work.

You're on.

Trainer 766

So Wifi Server or Client? And how about a Discord server? Do you have a Discord account? And I hope it isn't the only two of us doing the link battle and trading and everything.

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
Years
I have MyBoy on my mobile and was about to start playing Emerald.
Do we need to be on the exact same ROM? Or can one be Emerald, one Ruby, etc?

If you set up a Discord let me know, I'll join :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
They can be different, but you'll need a copy of the other side's ROM anyway. I'm on Emerald as well :P. Discord is fine, I'll set up a server.

Kyrithis#9213 on Discord

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 21, 2017
im interested as to how you're capable of connecting the games? isnt the feature restricted only to nearby connection?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 13, 2017
My Boy Link Battle

Here's the thing: I am looking for people to create a community of Gen III Pokemon battling and trading that uses the "My Boy" GBA emulator.
If you're interested contact me by e-mail: [email protected] or my discord ID:Endo#5736
PS: There are some romhacks that have the multiplayer option so if anyone has a sugestion send me an e-mail and i can create a discord group or something so we stay in touch

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Feb 13, 2017
I am also playing Emerald and want to join, battle and trade.. Let me know the details...

xanda

I like a good challenge
Years
  • Age 32
  • Uk
  • Seen Apr 23, 2018
Is there anyone still interested in battling on the myboy. I will play what ever rom u have.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
You guys plays only on the original pokemon emerald rom??? mmm... we can't use Pokemon Cosmic Emerald hack rom??? this hack rom have only 3rd gen pokemons/moves, day/night cycle, repel system of B/W, some cool features, a wonderful graphic restyle, but no relevant changes on the gameplay, its very well made, no bugs

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
xanda ill add you soon for play toghether, but wait me, i'm still playing an another game atm, (leveling characters on brawlhalla)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 20, 2019
Heya, I'd be happy to join you guys I recently decided to play some games on my android but I'm not sure yet which ones to go with. I might just go with a classic Leaf Green as I never did the post game for those... Then again I also never finished Emerald or Ruby.
I am however set that I wanna go nuzlocke no matter what version I go with. If you guys wanna add me I'd be happy to battle every so often my discrod is Brin#4751

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back