• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least favorite type to battle with?

Years
While my first instinct was either Rock or Ground type Pokemon, the more I thought about it, the more I realized I almost always avoid having Electric type Pokemon on my team. There are a lot of Electric types I like, but aside from Rotom in later gens (which I mostly kept around for its form changes), I think the last time I had an Electric type in my party long term was Pokemon Yellow.

Years
bug and ice. i tend to stay away from bug types because of lack of good bug pokemon. there are some that's solid like heracross or something but mostly bugs are no go for me. ice types are just plain disaster. their position in the type chart is bad and most pure ice types have shallow movepools

Sorvete

Novice
Years
Rock types, because they're generally slow. I'm more of a fan of fast Pokémon and special attackers.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I was going to say Steel but, now that I think about it, I think Fighting is my least-used Type. The Type just doesn't appeal to me and there aren't many Fighting-Types that I care for aesthetically.

Years
While in the previous thread I mentioned that I like to keep things varied, I don't typically like to use Fire types in my teams. I guess the reason just boils down to me not really developing much fondness for very many Fire types in particular; there's not a whole lot that I really care for adding to a given team so given the option of teaching something Flamethrower/Fire Blast instead, I'll usually just do that.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Bug/Poison/Fighting/Steel. maybe if it's a secondary type, but I never pick based on those types alone. maybe in competitive, but in the real games they have almost no use in a team imo

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
I'm not a big fan of using Fairy Types, since there isn't really any Fairy Pokémon that I particularly like.

Last edited:
Years
Ground is the type I use the least, because their designs are usually a bit boring to me... The type itself does work for me though (and also, Flygon). Similarly to Ground, Fighting types don't often appeal to me. Most seem too humanoid, and too physically oriented, so their attacks don't keep me entertained.

Lastly, Poison. Although I love poisoning opponents, and most designs aren't bad at all, most of the times I give Poison types a try they tend to bore me really fast and I end up replacing them. I can't exactly say what it is about them...

Coldnx

Ice-Type Enthusiast and Jynx's 1# Fan
Years
I exclusively use Ice-types, so for me anything that isn't an Ice-type I have no interest in. However, I have a severe hatred for Bug-types. Since I dislike Bugs in general, the only good Bug-type to me is one that's squashed.

Last edited:
Years
Normal type because it's never super-effective. Also, it is not resistant to any type or status ailment and such (except it's immunity to the rare Ghost type).
Additionally, I am not fan of using mono-typed Pokemon since they receive STAB from only one type. (Note: A large amount of Normal Pokemon are mono-typed)

Last edited:

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
I actually think psychic is the most boring type to battle with... I don't know why. I just don't think a lot of them are awfully interesting. Whenever I get it in monotype I'm like oh, okay.... Lol

Years
I'm not a big fan of using Dragon types. I don't really know why; I guess I'm just not a fan of using a type that's STAB moves are only super effective on others of the same type and is also weak to a couple of my favorite types in Ice and Fairy.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Being a RBY fanboy, my disdain for Poison Types knows no bounds due to Psychic dominance and the fact 1/5th of the Kanto Dex is Poison. Yet ironically Poison isn't my most hated because the bulk of Grass Types in Kanto happen to share it and the lone Ghost line happens to be part Poison(and Haunter is still a solid Pokemon despite its glaring Psychic weakness). Plus both Nidoran's are pretty solid Poison Pokemon. If I had to pick a Type I never use... it'd have to be Fighting, with Bug and Rock coming in 2nd/3rd respectively. Due to Psychic dominance and the sheer lack of good Fighting moves in Generation 1(they've since rectified that in future Generations), I just don't use Fighting Types when doing a run on Yellow(despite Mankey learning Low Kick at level 9).

Even on LGPE, I never even bothered to use one despite its advantage over Lorelei(except for Jynx).

Last edited:

Cloche

エスパーレディ
Years
I also hate using fighting types. I usually just teach one of my other types a Fighting move, or use a dual type. For me, it comes down to simple aesthetics. I do not like how most of them look. I've had certain Pokemon on my team for so long religiously, I also couldn't see myself swapping one out.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
I think every type is worth my time by now. I guess my 'least favourite' is probably Metal I guess since while I like a lot of them, I don't really have an exact favourite and there are quite a bit of ones that are my least favourites.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 14, 2019
Rock types, because they're generally slow. I'm more of a fan of fast Pokémon and special attackers.
+1 to this. Rock types are very slow (for me)

Zankew

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
Years
Normal type, duh!
Super effective against none of the other types
Its dumb to keep them
I want to see that dumb trainer who uses six normal type pokemon in his/her team.

Back