• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
Two new rngs

Bag_Mystery_Egg_Sprite.png
371.png

Bagon | Naughty | Rock Head | ★
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
Rage, Dragon Dance
Brobee | 59398 (White Version)
[BP for Shiny Umbreon in the Corner]

215.png

Sneasel | Jolly | Keen Eye
31 / 31 / 31 / 6 / 31 / 31
Taunt, Pursuit, Ice Shard, Ice Punch
Brobee | 59398 (White Version)​

Last edited:

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
I just recently started RNGing and here is my first egg abuse:

133.png

Lv.1 l UT Shiny l Male l Timid l Anticipation (DW)
31/30/30/31/02/31
Tackle, Tail Whip, Curse, Wish
OT: GARRET l ID: 57203​

Of course my first RNG had to be Eevee. :) Not the greatest I know, but this was the best shiny spread I could find. I would try another but for some reason I keep hitting the same frame over and over, even after listening to Chatot's chatter a number of times. Could changing routers mess up the RNG?
No, changing router affects your... Nothing, not even FC. MAC address of your DS will never change.
In case you've mispelled: When you breed normal eggs, does changing route mess something up with the egg? No, then why would mess up RNG?

Very nice Eevee, by the way. Congrats :) I hope to see more abuses of you :D

well i'm not speaking sarcasm thats for sure so i'm asking this again if i get a rnged pokemon from a trade will my game freeze or something?
If it did, we wouldn't do that and there would be no RNG Club. There is no difference between regular Pokemon and RNGed but the maxed out stats.

Two new rngs

371.png

Bagon | Naughty | Rock Head | ★
Rage, Dragon Dance
Brobee | 59398 (White Version)
[BP for Shiny Umbreon in the Corner]

215.png

Sneasel | Jolly | Keen Eye
31 / 31 / 31 / 6 / 31 / 31
Taunt, Pursuit, Ice Shard, Ice Punch
Brobee | 59398 (White Version)​

Rawr! they're lovely, Congrats.
OK, I'll post some of mine I did yesterday:

Reshiram
1.png
(lvl 50)
643.gif
011.png

Nature: Modest || Ability: Turboblaze || OT: ♠ゴンゾ♠ (00001)
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
DragonBreath|Slash|Extrasensory|Fusion Flare

Rufflet ♂
1.png
(lvl 1)
627.gif
004.png

Nature: Adamant || Ability: Sheer Force || OT: ♠ゴンゾ♠ (00001)
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Peck|Leer|Return|U-turn

Tornadus ♂
1.png
(lvl 40)
641.gif
013.png

Nature: Jolly || Ability: Prankster || OT: ♠ゴンゾ♠ (00001)
IVs: 31/31/31/22/31/31
Revenge|Air Cutter|Extrasensory|Agility

Do you prefer to RNG in the simplest way possible, or do you use more convoluted methods because that's how you originally learned? Please explain how you RNG when you answer.

I always do it the simplest way. I dropped journal flips in DPPt, instead of this I use Chatots. When I catch Pokemon, I also pick the location with the least (preferably no) NPCs. If I have more than one spread I'd like to use, I pick the one with the lowest delay or the least keypresses. When I breed in 5th Gen, I use seeds that have my results multiplied within the frames. When breeding in 4th Gen, after my PIDRNG is done, I pick an IV seed with delay closest to my PIDRNG delay so if I had, for example: delay 650, I'll pick the seed with delay 640-660.
That's pretty much all, I guess :)

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Do you prefer to RNG in the simplest way possible, or do you use more convoluted methods because that's how you originally learned? Please explain how you RNG when you answer.

Ummm I usually pick places with no NPCs when I do captures. The original way I learned isn't really a hard way. I probably did learn in the most simple way, though I have a habit in doing things the way I first learned, so that obviously applies to more than just RNG. As for breeding, I tend to pick a seed with a low frame so that I don't have a butt load of chatters to do. That's really all I can think of...lol I only do 5th gen RNG so can't really say much on 4th.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I was asking because that's the only thing I changed since my last RNG. I cannot hit my target frame and instead I end up with a Pokemon that isn't on the same seed. I am positive I am hitting my target time so that's not the problem. I recalibrated my ds and ended up with a different timer0 value so I tried again but ended up with the same results. Same Pokemon every time, even after chattering a couple of times. Am I doing something wrong?
Also, how do you get flawless shiny seeds? I can't seem to find any. :(

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I generally like to do things the simple way when it comes to RNGing. I don't see there any point in making things harder than they need to be. If possible, I'll RNG Pokémon in places without NPCs. In fact, I haven't advanced my IV frame before. I don't think I understand how to do it right still. I RNG with the lowest keypresses and PID frame possible.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Also, how do you get flawless shiny seeds? I can't seem to find any.

They can take a while. I recommend using flawless international parents, if this is breeding we're talking about. That usually speeds up the search.

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
I generally do it as simply as possible. No NPCs (if I can avoid it), lowest frame, IV frame of 1 (I just don't know any other way). In fact, even when I RNGd Tornadus, I caught it in a Master Ball so I didn't have to chase it around each time without knowing if I hit the right frame and nature.

By the way Sydian, nice signature. That was the first Zelda game I played, although that's not saying much considering I've only played three (four if you count OoT 3d)

PS: New RNG between posting this and now

387.png

Turtwig| Adamant | Overgrow | ★
31 / 31 / 31 / 29 / 31 / 31
Tackle, Seed Bomb
Nathan| 08484 (Black Version)
[BP for jerichob10]
[cool, irrelevant fact: first abuse on my new, blue, and overweight DS]
[cool, irrelevant fact #2: first abuse using rng reporter; I usually use PPRNG]
[not very cool, but still irrelevant fact: first egg abuse on black version]​

Last edited:

Crescend

Breeder
Years
Only just found this club, definitely a place for me ^^ started RNG abusing about a month ago, really like it for the different kind of challenge it offers. I wish I'd found about this sooner, now all those hours I spent breeding and training imperfect pokemon feel like a waste of time.. Oh well.

I've pretty much mastered egg RNG abusing, my next project is to learn how to RNG abuse the event Darkrai I've been stalling on accepting :)

The few pokemon I've so far done:

Rotom
Modest nature
31/31/31/31/31/30
HP ice 70

Nidoran♀
DW ability hustle
Modest nature
31/18/31/31/31/31

Nidoran♂
DW ability hustle
Modest nature
31/17/31/31/31/31​

I'd add handy dandy sprites of the pokemon but I'm not allowed before I post 15 posts on these forums :< Looking forward to trying one of those challenges though ^^

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
Only just found this club, definitely a place for me ^^ started RNG abusing about a month ago, really like it for the different kind of challenge it offers. I wish I'd found about this sooner, now all those hours I spent breeding and training imperfect pokemon feel like a waste of time.. Oh well.

I've pretty much mastered egg RNG abusing, my next project is to learn how to RNG abuse the event Darkrai I've been stalling on accepting :)

The few pokemon I've so far done:

Rotom
Modest nature
31/31/31/31/31/30
HP ice 70

Nidoran♀
DW ability hustle
Modest nature
31/18/31/31/31/31

Nidoran♂
DW ability hustle
Modest nature
31/17/31/31/31/31​

I'd add handy dandy sprites of the pokemon but I'm not allowed before I post 15 posts on these forums :< Looking forward to trying one of those challenges though ^^

Welcome! Wondercard abuse is quite easy, by the way. I might not be the best to explain it, since I use the uncommon PPRNG. The basics though are to go to the Pokemon center by the Elite four, since there are no wandering NPCs there. Withdraw chatot and use chatter. Save directly in front of the delivery man. Then, with whatever program you are using, search for a time for whatever IVs and nature you want. Then, start your game and do the keypresses at the right time, and do your frame advancements from the initial frame. (No need to pick it up and check what your Shifted Frame is, because unlike breeding there are no wandering NPCs.) Then, after the right amount of chatters, exit and pick up your Darkrai.

New RNG. RNGed so I can use an RNGed while I RNG future RNGs. Knows Chatter for obvious reasons, and Fly, so I can grab on to its eighth note and fly to Nimbasa city with the power of music to check its IVs. Also, Jolly so that no body would think of letting it battle. It serves one purpose, and one purpose only.

441.png

Chatot | Jolly | Tangled Feet | ★
Peck, Chatter, Fly
Nathan| 08484 (Black Version)​

Last edited:

Crescend

Breeder
Years
Heh yeah the wondercard RNG abuse was much easier than anticipated, I'd been using wrong time finder type.. :) Got my perfect timid darkrai. Too bad it cannot be shiny. Oh well, finding the seed for that would've propably taken ages anyways.

Now to RNG wild pokemons, that's gonna be exciting ^^ atleast I don't have to bicycle a good few minutes each time just to figure out if I failed or not..

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Figured what I was doing wrong after many hours wasted. XD Here's my latest RNG:

443.png

Lv.1 l UT Shiny l Female l Jolly l Sand Veil
31/31/31/20/30/31
Outrage, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Stone Edge
OT: GARRET l ID: 57203

I originally learned how to RNG by TwilightBlade's RNG Guide. So far I haven't been able to find an easier way. I prefer to use the lowest frame possible and no key presses.

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
436.png

Brozor | Relaxed | Levitate | ★
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 0
Confusion, Reflect, Light Screen, Gyro Ball
Coolguy | 10120 (SoulSilverVersion)
[first fourth gen abuse]​

Heh yeah the wondercard RNG abuse was much easier than anticipated, I'd been using wrong time finder type.. :) Got my perfect timid darkrai. Too bad it cannot be shiny. Oh well, finding the seed for that would've propably taken ages anyways.

Now to RNG wild pokemons, that's gonna be exciting ^^ atleast I don't have to bicycle a good few minutes each time just to figure out if I failed or not..

Good job DUDE! Thats the order I learned how to rng in. Its strange, because the first you learned is harder than the second. And the second is about equal to the third. Maybe people like us just like challenges (except I dont really which is why I havent put any effort into entralink abuse)

Figured what I was doing wrong after many hours wasted. XD Here's my latest RNG:

443.png

Lv.1 l UT Shiny l Female l Jolly l Sand Veil
31/31/31/20/30/31
Outrage, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Stone Edge
OT: GARRET l ID: 57203

I originally learned how to RNG by TwilightBlade's RNG Guide. So far I haven't been able to find an easier way. I prefer to use the lowest frame possible and no key presses.

Nice pokemom MAN! Gible was one of my favorites in Diamond, but it was so hard to get and I was so sad. By the time I got one I didnt even use it because it was too low level for how late in the game i was

Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png
484.png

Palkia | Timid | Pressure
31 / 14 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
DragonBreath, Scary Breath

Bag_Moon_Ball_Sprite.png
145.png
Bag_Moon_Ball_Sprite.png

Zapdos | Bold | Pressure
30 / 23 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 31 (HP Grass 70)
AncientPower, Charge, Agility, Discharge

Last edited:

Crescend

Breeder
Years
Good job DUDE! Thats the order I learned how to rng in. Its strange, because the first you learned is harder than the second. And the second is about equal to the third. Maybe people like us just like challenges (except I dont really which is why I havent put any effort into entralink abuse)

Hehe maybe, I think the biggest reason I went for egg abusing first was because I'd been doing some heavy breeding before, I went pretty hardcore trying to get perfect pokemons the legit way but that just turned out to be impossible. I have my set of 20 dittos with all the different natures and some of them have each of the max IV's (must've caught over 300 dittos to get all of these by chance..), but even with those the best I could do was 3 max IV's and nature inherited from parents and the rest of it was pure luck, and even that was pretty low chance. I feel like RNG abuse the next best thing to being 100% legit while still being a competitively viable option..

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
Hehe maybe, I think the biggest reason I went for egg abusing first was because I'd been doing some heavy breeding before, I went pretty hardcore trying to get perfect pokemons the legit way but that just turned out to be impossible. I have my set of 20 dittos with all the different natures and some of them have each of the max IV's (must've caught over 300 dittos to get all of these by chance..), but even with those the best I could do was 3 max IV's and nature inherited from parents and the rest of it was pure luck, and even that was pretty low chance. I feel like RNG abuse the next best thing to being 100% legit while still being a competitively viable option..

I used to do the same thing, but it was awful trying to get nature, ability, and IVs. I also put off rng because it was almost impossible on a mac computer.

Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png
245.png
Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png

Suicune | Bold | Pressure
31 / 14 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
Rain Dance, Gust, Aurora Beam, Mist

7.png

Squirtle | Modest | Torrent
31 / 31 / 30 / 30 / 31 / 31 (HP Grass 70)
Tackle, Tail Whip

Bag_Repeat_Ball_Sprite.png
383.png
Bag_Repeat_Ball_Sprite.png

Groudon | Adamant | Drought
31 / 31 / 31 / 17 / 31 / 31
Rest, Earthquake, AncientPower, Eruption
Coolguy | 10120 (SoulSilverVersion)​

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Looks like someone's RNGing their SS. ;) I should get around to doing that on mine, but I didn't ID abuse, so I probably won't get any pretty pink Lugias or anything like I want. :(

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
This is my newest RNG. I am so happy with this one because I caught it in Route 221 where 3 npcs trying to mess with my frame :). It will ev train sooner or later with a trick set <3

007.png
203.png
007.png

#203: Girafariq l
shiny.png
l
2.png
l Level: 31 or something (IDR)
OT: Eon l Platinum l ID: 00003
Nature: Modest l Ability: Inner Focus
IV: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Untrained

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
This is my newest RNG. I am so happy with this one because I caught it in Route 221 where 3 npcs trying to mess with my frame :). It will ev train sooner or later with a trick set <3

007.png
203.png
007.png

#203: Girafariq l
shiny.png
l
2.png
l Level: 31 or something (IDR)
OT: Eon l Platinum l ID: 00003
Nature: Modest l Ability: Inner Focus
IV: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Untrained