• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Calnith:

The red haired trainer and the Croagunk's fist collided his pokemon watched intensely to see who was the better fighter. Calnith quickly went for a drop kick but the Croagunk jumped into the air and swung the back of his hand at Calnith smacking him in the face. As the Croagunk's hand went back Calnith quickly grabbed it and flipped the Coragunk over slaming it hard on the ground. The Croagunk quickly got back up and threw a punch at Calnith. The red head quickly dodged the punch and then quickly jabbed the Croagunk in the gut and then kicked it in the chest sending it flying. The Croagunk then got slowly backed up and bowed to Calnith accepting defeat.

"Good now I will capture you," Calnith said as he took out a pokeball and tapped it on the Croagunks head. He then returned the rest of his pokemon except for Colossus and watched as the pokeball containing the Croagunk made a click noise indicating it was caught.

"Now Colossus take me to the mountains," Calnith said as he jumped on top of his Metang and the two floated off toward the mountains. As they landed at the moutains in front of a cave he couldn't help but feel that someone else was in there. He shurgged it off and then walked into the cave with his Metang close behind.

"Great those two figured I'd end up bumping into someone in here," Calnith muttered to himself as he saw Mackenzie and Brogan. He wanted to leave but he spotted a couple of Roggenrola's walking by and wanted to catch one. "Cerberus, KingClaw after them," He said as he let out his Krabby and Houndoom. His two pokemon began chasing after the Roggenrola in the direction that Mackenzie and Brogan were which was irratating at first for Calnith but he got over and ran in that direction as he noticed KingClaw and Cerberus corned a Roggenrola.

Vincent:

Vince was really quite as he watched th e Ghost pokemon take Bri and Skye away. He was so shocked that he was utterly silent. Blitz though snapped him out of it and gestured for them to go after them.

<Never knew those ghost pokemon in there were friendly> Shade said as he chased after them.

"I wouldn't have guessed that either," Xack said as he followed behind his pokemon to the pokemon center. As he reached the pokemon center he had lost track of where Bri and Skye were taken and just sat down in a sit in the lobby and waited for someone or something to happen.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Nova waited outside and stood up when Drizzle ran up.
"Where's they take him?" Drizzle asked. Nova pointed inside. The two of them walked inside. The first thing Drizzle was aware of was a rather large hole in the roof.
"Good god! What the heck did that?" Drizzle asked.
"How the heck should I know? Come on, let's go find our trainer," Nova said. He sounded subdued as the two of them walked to the room Nova said Bri's scent was coming from. Drizzle pushed the door open. Bri was being attended by two nurses, and Thyme was laying on a chair nearby, sleeping peacefully.
"Get them out of here!" one nurse said. Drizzle ignored her and climbed up into the chair with Thyme while Nova growled.
"We won't get in the way!" Drizzle said. Nova walked over and curled up under the chair and the nurses left them alone. Drizzle looked up and saw something fade through the roof. Maybe some of those ghosts were still hanging around. Bri began to come to a little bit. He looked around wide eyed.
"What the... How did I get here?" Bri said quietly. His voice was very weak, and Drizzle noticed he was still very pale.
"Please relax Mr. Jameson. You're in the pokemon center. We're taking good care of you and your pokemon. What's the last thing you remember?" the nurse said calmly. Bri stopped and thought about it. It was clear he still hadn't recovered from the effects of getting hit on the head, though he was getting a bit better.
"Um... I... I remember going with Misdreavus to the kitchen to find Skye in the Lugia dorm. We were all attacked... Then the rest is a big blur. I think I got hit. I... I kind of remember Selene, Valorie, Vince, and Mark being there, but I'm not sure... And I think I was flying, but that may have been a dream," Bri said quietly. He tried to get up.

"Wait a second? Where's Skye?! Is he ok?" Bri said suddenly.
"He'll be fine. He arrived shortly before you did. But you need to rest a while," the nurse said.
"I finished," the second nurse said. Drizzle looked at her. She backed away and Drizzle saw a ton of stitches on the cut Bri had in his leg. Bri saw it too.
"What the? I didn't feel a thing!" he said.
"We gave you a local anestetic. That way we could work on your leg. Brian, I have to tell you. You hurt your leg very badly. Most of the muscles were slashed in it. How you were able to walk at all is beyond me. It should heal properly, but there is a slight chance that when you were walking on it you caused permanent damage to your leg. I just wanted to prepare you for that possiblity," the nurse said.
"What?! I may never walk again?" Bri said.
"No. Your leg will heal. And even if you did cause damage to it, it still will be able to support your weight. But... You probably won't be able to do much more than walk. But like I said, that will probably not happen. Everything is going to be fine, I'm sure," the nurse said.
"Well, if that happens, I'll be fine. After all, you said it was a slight chance, right? I'll be fine, I know it!" Bri said. His heart sank at what she said. He had been stupid to jump through that window. He didn't even ask how long he would have to stay here. He had a head injury, and they would want to keep him over night. Even if they didn't, he wasn't able to walk on that leg without a crutch or brace or something.
"Um... Could I see that big book of medical terms. I'm going to need something to do while I heal," Bri said while he got comfortable. The nurses nodded and left the room. Drizzle picked up Thyme and climbed onto the bed. After Bri took Thyme from him, he walked over and released Duster, Bouncy, and Frost. The nurses had seen to it that they had been healed. He then curled up on a chair to sleep. He was tired from the events of the day. Nova was already asleep under the chair. Bouncy jumped up onto the bed and rolled over to Bri.
"Buff?" she asked. Duster climbed up after her and walked over to her. Bouncy squeaked with joy as Bri picked her up in his other arm. Frost looked around and walked around the room. He was about to pull on Drizzle's tails, when Drizzle smiled.
"Don't try it Frost, This is time to rest and recover," Drizzle said as he opened one eye to look at the Sneasel. Frost grinned and sat against the wall. Duster smiled. She curled up next to Bri and watched the door and the rest of the room. Bri smiled. His pokemon were very funny. He wondered if they would let him sleep now. He decided not to and waited for that big book to come. He may as well learn if he was going to be trapped here for a while.

Last edited:
Years
The time Jack had spent there just looking into the horizon just gave him a new thought on things, something had to change both he and his pokemon could tell. Cant be the best when everyone is beating you so easily, Jack stood up brushing the dirt of his clothes. His pokemon were in support of anything he did and he was looking as if he was ready to take on anything at this point, even if there were no trainers around, Jack searched the sky and spotted a Skarmory, a good challenge as he looked to find his lost mojo.

Blaze spotted Jack eyeing the flying type and stepped forward challenging it by firing a flamthrower in its direction. In no time Jack had a giant bird heading in his direction. "Focus Punch" Jack shouted with so much enthusiasim his skin was tingling. Blaze's fist connected directly at the charging Skarmory who was stopped in his tracks. Blaze took hold of the disorientated pokemon and threw him into the sky "Flamethrower!" Jack was looking obviously more confident and Blade smiled when he saw it. Blaze heard the order to use Flamethrower but instead attempted to use an attack that he had not yet perfected Fire Blast. Blaze fired a + shaped blaze of fire at Skarmaory but it missed. "Fire Blast doesn't look like that" Jack had no time to dwell on that though as the pokemon was back and flying again dodging incoming Flamethrowers. Jack other pokemon looked like they wanted to step in as well, the new confidence flowing through all of them. Jack looked on as Blaze continued firing flamethrowers with one eventually hitting sending the pokemon spiralling down to earth.

Jack quickly threw the pokeball and watched as Blade flew to catch it. Hearing the click was a great relief for Jack who was doubting his abilities to this point and even though it was just a battle against a wild pokemon he was proud of himself and Blaze. Jack looked into the sky knowing that when he returned down to the academy they will see a new side of him. Jack returned his pokemon to thier pokeballs all but Blaze for light and Blade for the companionship as he walked into the cave looking for the girls.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Selene
"It would appear," said Selene quietly as she felt Valorie slip her hand into her own, turning her head to watch Bri and Skye's Ghost-cabs take them off towards the Pokemon Centre with an overwhelming feeling of relief, "that Snype amassed the calvary, and the Ghosts I assume felt terrible about the whole thing, hence their chapheroning Bri and Skye through to the treatment room. See," she threw a bright smile and a wink at Valorie with a slight laugh, "even the evil ghosties can be good every once in a while...they aren't always food for nightmares..." she quipped with one final glance at the retreating Ghost mob before changing her view, glancing towards the Icy Plains. Something told her that was the best place to start...

A sudden angst-filled expression almost identical to those of Valorie's Charmeleon exploded over her face as she stared ahead, squeezing Valorie's hand somewhat tighter. She knew what she had to do...it was a difficult prospect to handle at first, but as she looked back towards Valorie and Vince, she knew it was what she had to do for a number of reasons.

She didn't feel as strong as she would have expected. Yes, she was still learning and everything...but she couldn't help but feel as though she were being left behind somewhat. As a trainer, Selene felt like she was failing in her duty, failing to untap the full potential of her Pokemon - she knew that Ryan, Ri and Blu had so much more to give of themselves, and it was up to her to drag this out of them - as important as it was to be friends with her Pokemon she also needed to work them to their limits, and Selene just hadn't been doing that thus far.

"I need to go training," she stated abruptly, letting go of Valorie's hand and stepping back slighty - not for any reason offensive to Valorie, just because Sel knew that if she remained there any longer she would think twice about her plans. Smiling slightly at Vince, she looked Valorie straight in the eyes, attempting to convey the true meaning to her words without saying it out loud - she didn't really want everyone to know what she was going to do. In truth, she had slight second thoughts about telling Valorie, but she wanted Valorie to know. This would actually be an invitation to Valorie, if she chose to pick it up as such, and Selene was certain that she would understand her decision fully.

"But when I say train...I mean really train. I'm not going to be distracted, I'm not going to move until I feel strong enough..."she paused, thinking of the best way to say what she meant - that she would not return to her dorm until she felt it was right. "Let's imagine I'm not at a school, and I'm out in the real world on my adventure. That will be me for the next...however long it needs to be," she explained, her eyes fixed on Valorie the whole time.

Brogan
Absent-mindedly watching as Mackenzie's Tangela and Jugglypuff began taking on the Geodude in the cave - of which, it would appear, there were many - Brogan listened to Mackenzie's various tales of drama and melodrama from around the campus. Most of it was of no interest to her, but she still paid attention to the names and places for future reference, and couldn't help but be ever so slightly impressed by Mackenzie's apparent talent for reading and recalling these kind of situations - from first impressions, Brogan would have assumed that Mackenzie would have considered these 'dramas' below her. It could prove that Mackenzie would be a useful ally for the future...

Then she mentioned the names Valorie and Selene...although she hadn't been introduced to Valorie, she remembered Selene. Of course she remembered Selene - she of the silky black hair and near-flawless skin...who had watched her closely as though attempting to read her as Brogan read people, assumedly failing miserably. With a slight smirk, Brogan listened to Mackenzie's tale...so...little blondie was sweet for the exotic-looking one, but as Brogan would have suspected the russet skinned girl had no idea. How...interesting. And how very full of potential.

Brogan just knew that Selene would end up disliking her - anybody who wasn't immediately sold on Brogan would end up disliking her, mainly through a persistent jealousy, but other times through realising that Brogan herself actually wasn't such a nice person. So when the time did come that Selene became tagged an enemy along with Mark and Skye, perhaps this would be a useful ploy to hold her best friend to ransom...

"Really? Oh, that sounds tragic..." said Brogan finally, her voice sounding genuine with just the right amount of interest as though she were interested in the complexities of their relationship for their own sake, not for any end they could help her achieve. "I'm sure, though, that if they're meant to be..." she stopped talking as she glanced over to Mackenzie, her eyes shifting behind her and spotting the Pokemon of that boy chasing a Roggenrola...so, he'd happened upon their Mountain retreat.

Her eyes narrowing, Brogan maintained her steady glare at the boy, almost daring him to go any closer to her and Mackenzie. She held one finger over her Xtransciever, ready to call for her personal guard who would be at the school in a flash on the family Alakazam, he wouldn't know what hit him. He thought he and his Pokemon were tough stuff...he would probably pee his pants if her full guard were to appear. So focused on glaring daggers at the boy, Brogan didn't even notice Jack make his way into the cave, although the entrance was some distance from them.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark noticed Valorie was pretty afraid of the ghosts that were taking Skye and Bri to the Pokemon Center. Though that was normal behavior. Snype never told anybody of his plan. Not like he had time to do that anyways. Snype was following the ghosts to the Pokemon Center, helping them out if anything went wrong. "Yeah... I gotta say, Snype sure is different from other Pokemon. I don't think I've see anyone like him. He's unique to say the least." Mark said. He looked over to Selene and Valorie. "The ghosts gave ya quite a jump huh? They're friendly, I'm pretty sure of it.

Sel then mentioned something about training... a huge training session or something. Mark seemed to understand her logic. With everything that's happened after all... Mark wasn't going to stop her. He looked over to the Pokemon Center in the distance as the ghosts faded through the walls and seemingly brought Bri and Skye to their beds to be taken care of.

"Hey uh... Val? Sorry that we never got to go up those mountains together. So much happened today and all..." Mark said as he walked to the Pokemon Center with the others.

Meanwhile at the Pokemon Center, Snype was with the large group of ghosts. He stayed around Bri's room where Misdreavus had headed. Snype walked into the room and didn't notice Misdreavus anywhere. She would hopefully pop up again.

"Kehehe, Everyone still alive in here?" Snype said with a large smile.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Vincent:
As Vince lstened to what Sel said he felt that he should train his butt off. He would train until he had his pokemon passed out. He also noticed how Sel had her eyes fixed on Valorie he felt as he really didn't matter but he didn't let it bother him. Xack looked to his pokemon and saw they all determination in their eye they wanted to train. Shade though gave Vince a questioning look and probably didn't know what was going on.

"Yeah I'm going to go train also might not see you guys around as much I'll still attend class but after that I'm training," Vince said as he got out of his chair. "Don't worry about me either even if I come back all beat up and bloody don't worry," He added as he glanced at Sel. He didn't smile or give her a happy look his face seemed to be serious he felt a tad bit distant from everyone.

"See ya tell Bri and Skye I send my regards," Luna said heading toward the Icy Plains. He felt going there would be a big enough area even if anyone else was there he could find his own area to be alone. His plan was to evovle Blitz he was wondering if when his Charmeleon evolves to a Charizard it would be overly sized as well.

<We going to train hard?> Shade asked as he jumped on Vince's shoudler.

"Yeah very hard," Vince answered as he glanced back at the pokemon center for a moment and then kept walking.

Calnith:

Calnith smiled to the two girls as he walked to his pokemon who have cornered the Roggnerola. This capture would be quick and then he would get to training some more. "KingClaw use Scald," He ordered coldly. The Scald attack was super efective and a critcal hit knocking the Roggenrola out. Calnith then tossed a pokeball at it and then turned to the two girls near him.

"Oh hello there," He said with an amost friendly sounding voice. His pokemon however all glared and growled at them. Colossus the floated over to the pokeball containing the newly caught Roggenrola and handed it to Calnith. "I feel we've gotten off on a bad foot earlier today and I want to apologize," He added as he gestured for his pokemon to relax.

"So what are you two doing in here," Calnith said making a friendly smile. He was working at an angle he wanted some pawns here at the school and these two would work nicely.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie's Post

How did Selene know that? Valorie had no clue. She dismissed the thought though. Apparently that was what happened. At least she knew that much.

Valorie looked to Selene as she pulled her hand away. She somehow felt a longing for said hand back, as if the moment had been ended prematurely. However, it was mild disappointment and none of it showed, even on her expression. She was slightly put off by the stepping back though. Was Selene trying to tell her something? Had she done something? Was she too clingy? Was that it? She quickly repressed her angst and feigned normalcy. Her emotions had been taking a ton of repression lately. Goodness only knew when that was going to bite her.

Selene was looking into her eyes as she talked. Was she talking to Valorie specifically? Valorie had difficulty getting the hint. Was she telling Valorie that she was a distraction? The mere thought pained her and she quickly dismissed it, though the pain showed in her face very briefly. Yet, she didn't need a hint to know she wanted to come with Selene. She made a note to ask about it later. After all, training alone was not only a bit boring but it wasn't even as productive. It also wasn't safe.

"Alright..."

She nodded to Selene, seeming to accept what she had said.

MacKenzie's Post

MacKenzie smirked at the situation with Valorie and Selene being called tragic. That was one way to put it.

"It's actually tempting to influence the outcome."

She then marveled at something silently. MacKenzie was a person full of irony and inconsistencies. That was how she rolled. Pinning her was ridiculously difficult if one didn't see through her act. Her job of course was not to let anyone see through that act. She noticed Brogan trailing off and followed her gaze. Huh. A boy. She gazed down at him stoically, not having noticed the fact that Jack had rejoined them just yet. What was with this new boy that he drew Brogan's attention? She was intrigued by the effect he had on her, and felt herself beginning to smirk as he chased a rather slow pokemon.

"I've got a proposal."

Her smirk grew large.

"Melody here can quickly draw the anger and attention of any pokemon in the immediate area with her singing. That or just temporarily knock them unconscious. What if I have Melody pull the attention of the entire cave and we just /waste/ every single pokemon in this immediate area."

The idea was very much dangerous. The concept was to simply have Melody sing loudly enough that everything heard it. Some pokemon would be put to sleep, but the ones that weren't would most likely react by trying to maul whatever was trying to put them to sleep to get it to stop singing. Yet, if they were brave enough to try it it would almost certainly make their pokemon much stronger... assuming they actually escaped the encounter unscathed or worse. MacKenzie seemed fully confident, however, as if provoking an entire area full of pokemon into attacking at once was perfectly safe.

Then of course Calinth approached and MacKenzie glanced at him. Bad start? What had she missed/ It didn't seem like he was talking to her. She glanced at Brogan, waiting to see her reaction to the boy, arms crossed and a blank expression on her face.

Last edited:

Nideous

Years
Bri looked at Snype.
"Yeah... We're all fine here. How's Skye doing? Have you seen him? The nurse said he's fine, but what if they only said that to make me feel better? Also, why aren't you with Mark? What happened to them? I kind of remember them all being there, but I don't know. Everything after I got hit in the head is hazy," Bri said honestly to the little ghost. The nurse came back with that big book for him. He started flipping through it and reading about how to treat different injuries and illnesses. It was very interesting, even if some of the pictures were a little gruesome. But one thing Bri was not was queasy. Duster looked over at Snype and jumped off the bed.

"Wow, Bri is worried about everyone but himself... Snype... He's hurt. Bad. The nurse said his leg might not heal right. He might be crippled, and unable to run or jump or anything like that," Duster said quietly to Snype. She was very worried. She hoped he would be ok. Duster knew that even if that happened, Bri would find a way to work through it. But she felt he didn't deserve that.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Selene
Turning to Vince as he spoke, Selene frowned inwardly - why had she not invited him along with them? Because...well, he would be too much of a distraction of course...she needed to train, and ideally she would go solo but for some reason she really wanted Valorie with her...of course Valorie was her best friend...so that made sense...right?

Walking over to Vince she paused before hugging him for a moment, staring over his shoulder and smiling slightly as she stepped back away from him. "Make sure you don't get all beat up huh? I think we've had too many threats to our mortality here...and I'm sorry our plans for today got all weirded up," she said genuinely, feeling somewhat deprived that her chance to get to know him had been cut short, flushing ever so slightly, "but...who knows, when we've trained up...well, it shouldn't happen again." Smiling she waved to him and Shade as they walked away from the Pokemon Centre, lowering her hand slowly and just standing in silence, listening to the wind as Vince walked away.

Turning back to Valorie she took a deep breath and smiled widely, the expression somewhat forced - it was just Valorie and herself now, so she could be somewhat ess cryptic about what her intentions.

"Okay...so I'm going to train and I'm not coming back until I'm ready. That may or may not include lessons...I'm really not sure as of yet, I have to see how it goes. So I'll be camping outdoors, maybe surfacing to the canteen for food when I get really hungry...but all in all I'm going to try and survive as though I were on an outdoors adventure," she said in a somewhat rushed manner, eyes darting from Valorie over to the Icy Plains and back. "And...well, I completely understand if you don't want to, I mean you haven't seen Mark all that much and you might not want to rough it with me, but if you wanted to come along I would really, really love that," she smiled warmly, the expression genuine this time.

Waiting anxiously, Selene mentally checked through the medicines and items in her bag, thinking about all the things she would need for the trip and if she had them all...she would need to go to the Pokemon Centre once a day probably, but apart from that she needed to keep herself stocked up on items to make sure they could train as efficiently as possible.

Brogan
Pausing as Mackenzie spoke, Brogan watched absently as Wartortle smashed a Geodude into the wall, not with his water attacks but with a rather impressive Skull Bash...nice. Influence the outcome...meddling...ha. That could be humorous for her...it would be a somewhat welcome distraction from the monotony of this place, and Brogan did have a remarkable aptitude for causing and participating in drama...it would be a brilliant way to train and hone her skills further.

"Well...if we could make it easier for them..." she said, her tone containing just the right amount of interest and consideration - she was determined to make it as though any meddling would be for the benefit of Selene and Valorie...but fact of the matter was, if there was any way she could beat Selene down before their battle really began she would be all over it. And it would be fun, as Mackenzie had already said. Eyes flicking up to the girl, having forgotten Calnith's presence for a moment with the prospect of meddling, she couldn't help a small smirk spread across her face - she could see the same spirit in Mackenzie as was in herself. Oh yes. This could be a mutually advantageous relationship right here.

At Mackenzie's other suggestion, Brogan laughed lightly and nodded, cocking one hip to the side and placing her hand on it, her whole appearance screaming 'sassy.' "I'd say that's a good idea myself...especially if Melody directs the singing to those misfits..." she said, her tone darkening as her dark eyes slipped from Mackenzie to Calnith's Pokemon, then up to Calnith himself. Oh how she disliked that boy.

Raising an eyebrow, she kept hold of his eye contact for a moment, aware that Mackenzie was taking her lead in dealing with this...thing...in front of her. Cracking a mocking smile, Brogan tossed her hair back, hr lip curling in oh-so apparent disgust as she surveyed Calnith's Pokemon without an ounce of fear in her face. How to deal with this...she could either play along with his ruse or go with her inner hatred and express it. Perhaps a cool mix of the two?

Deciding to play it cool with Calnith, she smiled in what some may call a flirtatious manner before pointing with an elegantly extended finger to his Pokemon, eyes never once leaving his. "Apologise by keeping those mongrels from snarling at us like wild beasts," she said airily, turning her back to Calnith and whistling to gain Wartortle's attention. "Hey Wartortle! Take a break for a moment, Mackenzie's got a plan for us to follow."

Megaman765

Years
"Mark's back with Selene and Valorie. They're catching up. I think they're discussing something right now... but yeah. I know he's hurt... But at least he's here right?" Snype said with a small smile. "If it weren't for that ghost taxi we probably wouldn't have made it so quickly..." Snype listened Duster mention that Bri's leg may end up in really bad condition, kind of like Sel's leg. He put his arm around Duster and gave off a large smile.

"Kehehe, hey don't worry! Bri's gotten through alot before! He'll get through this mess and be up and running like nothing even happened! Trust me on that!" Snype said trying to brighten the mood. He looked up at Bri. "Skye's alright. He's in the other room being taken care of currently." Snype Said.

Mark listened to Selene as she explained the journey she would be going on. "Well... I hope all goes well for you Sel. Just don't push it out there. As for me I'm going to stay at the school and continue with my classes. Theres still alot for me to learn here. Besides, with everything thats been happening, somebody needs to keep watch over the school eh? I need to talk to the Principle about everything that has been happening recently. I haven't seen any action being taken place yet..." Mark said.

Years
Mackenzes plan was in one word stupid, Jack just shuck his head but was willing to go along with anything they were planing. As Jack saw Calnith chase a pokemon into a corner Jack's gaze changed directions from the two girls towards him as he stared at him with a half angry half indifferent look. Blaze on the other hand let out a Flamethrower attack into the air as he watched as Calnith's pokemon growled at them. {This cave isn't big enough for all of us} Blaze growled as he stared down the pokemon.

Jack looked towards the Charmeleon he had never looked so ready to fight and so full of energy, Calnith had really struck something with pokemon Jack and his pokemon. Blade stood there silent, eyes closed just waiting on whatever was going to happen to happen. Jack smirked when he heard Calnith talk about getting off on the wrong foot with the girls. What sort of angle is this punk trying at Right now Jack wanted to punch him in his face but he held it in as he walked passed Calnith and his pokemon and went deeper into the cave "Well Mackenzie if you really wanna do that might as well do it where the strong pokemon are" Deeper in the cave the more and the stronger the pokemon. Calnith wasn't his priority getting stronger to beat him was so he just ignored and continued walking Blaze glaring at Calnith's pokemon the entire time.

Nideous

Years
Bri paid no attention to what Duster and Snype were saying once he heard that Skye was ok. He breathed a huge sigh of relief. That had been bothering him for a while now. But at least he knew the truth. Snype wouldn't lie to him. He already knew that after what Snype had said about Thyme. Bri had released that he hadn't dreamed that when he came to and saw how bad Thyme was. He hugged her tighter to him, and she began stirring a little. He went back to his book after smiling at Bouncy, who squealed happily.

Duster smiled at Snype.
"Yeah, you're right. He's going to be ok. But I hope he's a little more careful from now on. He had all of us worried," she said.
"I wasn't worried," Frost said from where he was sitting on the sleeping Drizzle. He had already drawn a big handle-bar mustache on the sleeping Buizel.
"Oh shut up... What on earth did you do to him?! He's gonna kill you when he wakes up!" Duster said. Frost cracked up at her. She shrugged and turned back to Snype.
"So... Um... Thanks for your help in there! Anyways, did you see my new move! Bri taught it to me! I want to use it on Mr. Joker over there, but Bri wouldn't like that," Duster said. She was immensely proud of her new Thundershock. It was so much fun!

Megaman765

Years
Snype looked over to the Sneasel that drew a funny looking mustache on Drizzle. What a jokester... geez Snype could get away with that stuff easily if he wanted to. Snype couldn't help but chuckle quietly. He would have some competition in the mischievous department.

"Oh yeah! I saw your new move. Good to see you learned something new. I learned a fair share of new tricks myself actually. Dunno if ya saw them or not. Bound to come in handy for conte... er... I mean battles!" Snype said with a nervous laugh. Snype let off a sigh and sat down on the ground against a wall.

Nideous

Years
"Contests? What about contests?" Thyme said groggily.
"So the ice princess awakens! How ya feelin' Thyme?" Duster asked happily. Thyme looked around and saw where she was.
"Ugh... I feel better. Whatever they gave me knocked me out big time. Now, I feel kind of messed up. But at least I'm not hurting anymore," Thyme said drowzily.
"I'm glad you're ok," Bri said.
"Anyways, you said something about contests! Are they fun?! Have you been in one?" Duster said returning her attention to Snype. Frost clicked the top back on his marker and walked out of the room. He was very bored.
"Duster, contests are pretty fun," Bri said with a hint of a smile. Thyme gave him an odd look. She kind of missed practicing for contests. But she wouldn't trade what she was doing now for the world. She was happy.

Frost walked into the hallway. Not that he didn't like all that mushy friendship stuff. He was just really bored, and messing with Drizzle wasn't fun anymore. He'd have gone over to draw on Nova, but a sense of self-preservation came over him. He peeked into the next room. It had that boy that Bri had gone to save in it. He shrugged and walked along down the hall. He came to an office looking room. He slowly pushed the door open and went inside. He nimbly flipped up to the desk and landed without a sound. He set to work rearranging everything on and in the desk. Now, whoever used it would not know where anything was. He chuckled to himself and looked at the cabnet. He tried to open it, but it wouldn't open. That wasn't very fun. He frowned.
"Boo!" Misdreavus said as she came out of the cabnet right in front of him. He yelped in surprise and fell over as she laughed.
"That wasn't funny! Say, what's in there?" he said. She shrugged and floated around him.
"It's too dark to see. What are you doing?" she asked. Great, he didn't have time to play twenty questions with her.
"Trying to have some fun!" Frost said with an evil grin.

Megaman765

Years
Snype looked up at Thyme happily. "Mornin! Good to see your doing alright! You can sure take a beating out there." Snype said happily. He then turned to Duster who seemed to catch when Snype slightly mentioned contests. He also saw that Frost left the room, seemingly bored. "Alright ya got me. Contests are... kind of an interest to me. Dunno why, but for some reason I'd like to participate in one." Snype said scratching his head with a small blush. He wasn't sure what he was so emberessed about. Probably because he didn't look like the kind of Pokemon you would see in contests.

Snype curled his knees against him and rested his head on top of them, giving off his usual large smile. "Kehehe... it's been four days in the academy. Alot sure has happened. We deserve a vacation or something."

Nideous

Years
"Morning? How long was I out?" Thyme said after a moment. It took her that long to collect her thoughts. She was feeling weak, and her whole body was throbbing all over. But she wasn't in any pain. In fact, she felt rather giddy. And she was still tired. She turned to look at Snype and Duster, who had sat down as well.
"Buff?" Bouncy said, putting her two cents worth in.
"Quiet you," Thyme mumbled.
"You haven't been out that long. But those were the most peaceful moments of my life!" Duster said.
"Duster, leave Thyme alone. She's had a rough day. And Snype, let me tell you a little bit about contests. Granted, this is last years information. Also, this is how it's done in Hoenn. There are five catagories. Cuteness, Coolness, Smartness, Toughness, and Beauty. They are all rated on different things. You can probably tell that from what they are called. The contest is pretty much the same, but the judges watch for different things. The first round you and your trainer will perform all alone on the stage. You have to come up with an awesome combination of moves that will dazzle the crowd. Like I had entered Thyme in the Cute category. What we did was have Thyme fire her Bullet Seed through her Attract, making pink seeds fall to the ground. They then grew into little pink flowers. I think you would do well in the cool or tough category. Anyways, the second round is set up so that you are battling the other contestants. The objective is not to make the opponent faint, although that certainly helps. No, the two pokemon are showcasing their talents and abilities against each other. The better the style, the more points you get. Does that help?" Bri said, still not looking up from his book. Duster looked thrilled.
"I bet I can rock the Cuteness one!" she said.
"Well, I saw a Trubbish in the Cuteness Category, so if you have the right moves, then any pokemon can work any category. But, it's more than just having moves. You have to have the look too. I spent hours making sure me and Thyme looked perfect for our contest," Bri said. That was the one part Thyme had hated. Brian had gone through everything he had, and just couldn't settle on what they were going for. His mother had to step in and pick for him. She had not liked when she found out later that Brian had lied about the age requirments, but Thyme had thought it was funny. Brian's mother wasn't too fond of Thyme, though that could be because she was a germaphobe, and she had met Thyme after Thyme had been asleep in her suitcase for a few days. She had to wash all f her things out twice before she was satisfied.
"Yeah, I agree with you on that one. A vacation. To anywhere but the beach! I bet Mark still won't want to go there after what happened," Duster said as she leaned against the wall. She wondered what Frost was doing. Probably off causing trouble. Oh well.

Megaman765

Years
"Kehe, Only joking Thyme. It's pretty close to night time." Snype said to her.

Snype took in all of the information... all of that just made contest even more interesting to him! Being graded on style... it seemed perfect for him! "Kehehe, I'm sure I would look just fine if I went to those contests as my normal old self. Throw in a cool looking hat and I'm set! Geez I would sure like to try one on right now." Snype said happily. "I'm thinking of using Taunt and Detect together if I ever go into a contest. I bet that would look pretty awesome." That was just Snype being cocky though. He wasn't sure what the judges expected when it came to looks. As long as Mark didn't have to dress up as a Sableye or anything emberessing like that... Snype could picture himself wearing a fancy fedora with a feather or something like that.

Snype turned to Duster and smiled. "Heh, yeah. I believe he's still afraid of Frillish. Speaking of which, I remember Val captured the very same Frillish. Geez I can only imagine how it must feel being stuck in that ball. I'd say she deserves it after what it almost did to Mark." Snype said.

Nideous

Years
"Oh... Wait, night time!? I was out that long?!" Thyme said. She coughed a little and blanched when she saw blood.
"That can't be good," she said. Bri already knew what was wrong. Something they couldn't make better. She'd have to heal on her own.
"Calm down and stop yelling. You'll only make it worse. Anyways, Snype, that Frillish might not have known what it was doing. It may have been as misguided as Misdreavus," Bri said sagely. He shrugged. He doubted it, but you never know.
"Anyways, how about a nice trip to the forest?" Duster said with a sincere smile. Bri paled and Thyme turned a bright shade of green at that.
"Um... No thanks," Bri said. Thyme couldn't seem to find words to speak. Or maybe she was afraid she would emberrass herself if she tried. Duster started laughing.
"Relax guys! I'm only joking!" she said.
"Duster, that wasn't a very good joke," Bri said quietly.
"Buff!" Bouncy scolded. Frost walked back in the room.
"I told you I don't want to!" he said as he climbed back into the chair. He sat down on the still sleeping Drizzle, who didn't seem to notice him. Misdreavus floated in through the wall after him.
"But it would be fun!" she said, pouting a little. Bri didn't even want to know. Misdreavus then noticed he was awake.
"You're ok!" she shouted happily and she floated gracefully around him. Bri nodded.

Megaman765

Years
"That's a good point... hrm..." Snype thought about the possibility. But Frillish often attacked humans anyways. It was normal behavior... though it did seem weird either way. There were several of them at the time. Snype let off a small smile when Duster mentioned the forest. "Heh... I think I'll pass on that myself." Snype said.

He then noticed that Frost and Misdreavus floated in. Seemed Misdreavus wanted to do something "fun". If Frost didn't want to do it then it must have been something. "Hiya!" Snype said to Misdreavus. "How ya doin Miss? Kehehe... seems you and Frost were talking about something. Unfortunately I'm nosy. Kehehe. What's up?" Snype said curiously.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie's Post

Valorie hurriedly followed along behind Selene to catch up with her. She didn't want to put off asking any longer than she had to. After all, when would she get a chance again? For all she knew Selene was literally leaving right then. Of course, then Selene turned to her. She was too deep in thought to notice the forced nature of the smile. She looked up at Selene. A part of her had been fearing a backlash, but the smile suggested otherwise.

Selene then went on to explain that she actually wanted Valorie to come with her! Valorie felt some internal relief. She was not as good at reading subtle hints as some other people in the school. She briefly wondered how they would explain it to the staff, who would no doubt wonder why they had missed class. She wasn't going to question Selene about that now though. It seemed more important to show her bestie she was in on the plan now more than anything. She looked down and seemed to think about it for a moment. Of course, she actually was. She was thinking about her friends and how they might miss her. Mark at least had her phone number. That little fact squashed any qualms she might've had. She supposed there would be times where she could excuse herself to talk to Mark without interrupting Selene's training.

She subconciously noticed a somewhat subtle change in presence as Selene smiled, genuinely this time. She wasn't sure what had changed, but the smile did seem warm and inviting. She found herself smiling back. She spoke in a reassuring tone, as if Selene shouldn't have expected anything less.

"You know I'd love to come with you..! I'll pack lots of food, water, and medicine."

She held up a hand, making a thumbs up with it. She of all people could respect a good training session. She herself had done most of her training alone before coming to The Academy.

MacKenzie's Post

MacKenzie blinked. Brogan wanted to... /help/ them get together? She personally just wanted it to go anywhere, /anywhere/ but nowhere. She looked at Calnith. It seemed Brogan didn't like that boy very much. Well that explains a lot. They had clearly already met. Seeing as this wasn't her fight, she simply relaxed and watched, waiting for something to actually happen worth her getting involved with. Their cave provoking adventures would have to wait until after whoever this was was dealt with. Her pokemon didn't seem to notice either Jack's Pokemon or Calinth's. Given, they were busy hunting down wild pokemon.

Back