• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
Years
I think the only people with any sanity intact around here are those that randomly stumble in from other parts of the forums. I can only imagine just how confused they are when they see stuff about orgies and flamethrower-wielding Sentrets. They probably laugh though. So if anyone locks us up in padded rooms, it will be the rest of the forum.

The only solution to that is REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I should probably sleep before I stop making any semblence of sense. That is, if I am right now anyway. If I post again before, say, 1PM EST tommorrow, then I give any females permission to punish me XD (Joking, joking unless you want to).

EDIT: OMG I CAN'T GET THAT YATAI SONG OUT OF MY HEAD!!! WHY MUST NEARLY NAKED ASIAN MEN SINGING TORMENT ME SO?!?!?!?!?

Oh, and by tomorrow I meant today. As in Wednesday.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
*Leaves through sliding glass door, allows silence to ensue, and then blows a monstrous hole in one of the Lounge walls with a three-story-tall tank*

Astinus! Our might is your might, our wrath is your wrath, and our heavy weaponry is your heavy weaponry! For glory!!!!!!!

*Drives tank aside to reveal a battalion outside consisting of five thousand similarly sized tanks, fifteen thousand stealth bombers, one-hundred thousand fighter jets, four hundred amphibious aircraft carriers, two Death Stars, and a Lugia all headed by the Ark of the Covenant.*

Yeah. That just happened.

Oh, and http://www.break.com/index/the-great-office-war.html

Post Office Buddy

Years
Crap, and I was hoping a Magikarp would be enough for world domination...

That vid is pretty crazy. That's sort of how I envision the war between the average and above average writers versus the n00bs. Only the former wins by a great margin. With no casualties. Nevertheless, it cracked me up. Oh, the crazy stuff you guys find ^^

Yes, I know that I violated my promise of not posting, but I swear this is my last post for the night. I SWEAR! PL0X DON'T MAKE ME POST AGAIN BRAIN!!!

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
That video is teh awesomest thing in the world. We HAVE to do that sometime. A war against the n00bs.

I KNOW! We call it "FFLers and N00bs"!!!!

XDDDDDD

TXT! AM I ALLOWED TO UTILISE YOUR ORGYPASS? TAKE A RIDE ON THE SEGALLOP FERRY! TYPO ON PURPOSE!

Steelguy

Finding new purpose
Years
Heh,guys im new not only at the forums but also in fan fics

I'd like to try my hand in creating new stuff.

I'd love to obtain some advice!

hahahahahahahhahahhaha!

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years

hahahahahahahhahahhaha!
Leave now, before the madness sets in.

Well, just try writing. Write a story, post it, and we'll probably tell you what's wrong with it.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
First off...

Did you start writing fanfiction thinking you were already a great writer, or did you start knowing that your writing would be greatly flawed?

I started writing to get my Mary Sue into Ash Ketchum's pants. (I was twelve at the time. Shut up.) My beginnings had nothing to do with whether or not I was good.

Hey, at least I'm honest.

Wait, what the heck, I'll just claim txt's free pass. If he got it. But I'm 12 and thus I get kicked out. Darns.

Or we accept you anyway and subsequently get arrested for pedophilia.

Drop acid. A lot of it.

Start the usual way. Get a blank piece of paper and write down the first things that pop into your mind (in terms of plot or character concepts). Find one that looks like it might not make you want to spoon your eyes out after a few chapters, sit down, and brain storm.

Start writing. Sit down at a word processor and write until your fingers bleed, save, go back to it later, and then write more until your fingers bleed. Repeat until finished.

Proofread. Get a beta and have them read it over. Edit.

Post. Advertise in the appropriate threads.

???

Profit!

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
Years
Did you start writing fanfiction thinking you were already a great writer, or did you start knowing that your writing would be greatly flawed?
I can't say I had any particular ideas about the quality of my writing at the time; I just loved to write stories and hoped to get them published one day, and then I happened to write a story about Pokémon. Really, at the time, I don't think I had much of a tendency to think of any story as being "good" or "bad" to begin with; at most it could be "boring", which was a matter of personal opinion.

I mean, I didn't exactly think I would have any problems getting published if I finished something and took it to a publisher (provided he didn't think it was boring), but that's not because I thought I was better than anybody else, but just because I figured everybody could get their stuff published if they could just get around to finishing it.

Last edited:

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years

Well... start gets a bit confusing. I "started" my first FF when I was... er... in 1997. For a school project. Of course it was in Spanish and I would never suck in my mother language (BTW, that sounded weird). I never believed I would be a writer or anything, although I liked the idea. I just thought it would be something nice to try and teachers could not complain I was not taking part in the school's 100 years celebration.

After that, I wrote for my eyes only for a long time, or kept the ideas sealed in my head. But three of them grew too large to try and keep them in my head. I had to write them down, so I waited until 2007 and started rewriting them in English, I don't know why. Maybe I was unconscioussly preparing myself for something. I knew I sucked at informal English, anyways... Again, I never thought I could be a "writer" or anything. Somehow I ended here, that was good, given in FF.net I never received any kind of criticism. Not even destructive one...

Oh my current divinity... I can't believe you people enjoy so much this insanity... I went away for one day and *poof* another page. Not as fun as the last 5 or so, but still, this is the first place I come when I want to laugh a bita lot!

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
Years

No, I thought I was rather good actually. But that changed quickly when I came here. I now know that I was rather mislead with my writing skills then. The major factors in this were one, I had never received any actual criticism on my writing because everyone thought it was good for my age and two, because I had never learned the aspects of good writing until I came here. My school is to obsessed with teaching us how to write an essay than teaching us how to write a story. That really bugs me.

I do wish I could go back in time so I could laugh at myself for being such a noob when it came to writing.

Speaking of people new to writing, I understand one has managed to sneak into the lounge. We need better security here not that the sentrets or furrets or whatever aren't good enough. But anyways, to the new guy (I'm to lazy to find his or hew username) I have only one thing to say. Write, we'll do the rest. We have to review it after all, all you do is take our reviews and advice and use them to make yourself a better writer.

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
Are you people FRICKIN' OUTTA YER MINDS?!!? What is this nonsense? I come back after a night's sleep and a school day, and I find another new page of FFL...
A SANE PAGE!!!!
I can understand a page of total mayhem, yes, as I am crazy myself. But a page full of relatively sensible content? Why do you all talk so much? How do you all talk so much?
On a side note, I think half of those posts were from POB... Way to go! xD

Also, I just thought about that orgy-thing yesterday. I noticed the link to that post in Bay's sig and I went there... And I thought: "I'd like to be on that list, but I bet everyone has already forgotten about the whole thing and I'd just look petty if I asked about it" and let the thing slide. But, our holy god Astinus had read my mind and answered my pleas!!!!111 No, seriously, how did you do that? Where exactly are you? You're not here, are you? :paranoid:

I went and got me that Hiroshima book today. So, I'm going to come here searching for a lot of happy insanity from now on. I tend to get a tad depressed after reading Hiroshima-stuff... For some reason, however, I consume a considerable amount of webpages and literature concerning the A-bombs and WW2 around the Pacific Ocean (in school we mostly hear about what happened in Europe during that time). So, I now know a lot of stuff I didn't want to know and after reading this book... You'll have to cheer me up, then!

Be happy and insane, please!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

When I started writing fics, I also started to write in English, so I was slightly anxious about my language. I've only studied it for eight years or so (dear lord, has it been that long already?), and I've only read English books since last May or something. I was seriously worried that my vocabulary wasn't wide enough and that my language wasn't as expressive as it should have been. When no-one commented my fic, I was terribly afraid that was indeed the case. I also feared that my story wasn't original enough, because I knew there were tens of thousands of Pokémon fics out there.

So, in a way, I was also proved wrong: my English isn't horrible (it's quite seldom that I get any criticsm soncerning my grammar. If Xanthine isn't the one reviewing, that is...) and apparently I'm not the most clichéd writer here. I'm better than average when I write in Finnish (I better be, as I started when I was five), so I guess I'm average in English.

I'll try to get better, though, so that I can be a translator if no-one else gives me a job. I could even translate my own novels when if they get published!

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
An-chan said:
Are you people FRICKIN' OUTTA YER MINDS?!!? What is this nonsense? I come back after a night's sleep and a school day, and I find another new page of FFL...
A SANE PAGE!!!!

Well yeah! A sane page. Don't worry, it won't last :D heck, even I'm going to try and drown myself an insta-insanity bottle downmy throat.

Oh, and, An-chan, I'll try to cheer you up:
An-chan said:
I'll try to get better, though, so that I can be a translator if no-one else gives me a job. I could even translate my own novels when if when they get published!
here, I corrected a bit. Come on, successful craziness is the mood IN!

Also, now that you are into nuclear power strikes, remember Godzilla/Gojira! Come on, you have just dived into the origins of one of the two or three primal social fears of modern-day Japan! Just try to get one of the original movies, and you're all set in! :paranoid:

Maybe I'll try to write a one-short parody. Just so you all guys can laugh at my level of Failure. I have never written one-shots or parodies before. I guess hell will break loose, with an army of chainsaw-carrying Chanseys, if I even try.

Come on, An-chan, have fun!

Bay

Years
Heh, really love that video! Funny part is, marketing and IT are my least hard classes I'm taking this quarter. XD The harder ones are finance (which I'm pursuing) and business ethics. O.o

And the idea of the better writers vs. noob writers gives me another idea for the musical I'm planning to do. XD

I was writing before I did fanfiction, but I kinda stop for a couple of years, so I was a bit rusty. So yeah, when I started writing fanfiction I thought I would be flawed.

Post Office Buddy

Years
An-chan said:
On a side note, I think half of those posts were from POB... Way to go! xD
Yeah, I have no life past 8PM. I was too bored to not post here, and this was pretty much the only forum active that I haunt. That and online games got a little too boring for me after a while.

I was a little surprised that I got in the orgy as well actually. I wasn't active in the lounge at the time that the original orgy took place, so Asstinuts Astinus must have been adding people that have been adding insanity to the lounge in recent times as well.

Oh, and I leave you with one more phrase:
jgifopajgifajgileikmudkipzdgkinhagpjiohadfguiahgpuioahgihfrpgohugng

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
Years
I gots a question fer everyone!

If your characters found a genie, what would their three wishes be?
Samuel: To be normal again. After that he wouldn't care.
Neal: He has no need for material objects.
Darren: To have his Sunflora back, then pizza.

Also, when I saw this, my whole head was filled with one giant "WOOOOOO!!!!"

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years

I'm sorry, but when I think of an Ender's Game movie, I can't help but think "Haley Joel Osmont." I can't possibly figure out why (except perhaps for the reasons that include the phrases "AI" and "Anakin Skywalker"). *flee!*

Seeing as how this is essentially the plot of Midsummer Knights, half the cast is easy to figure out.

Mercury and her gang: Booze, hookers constant parties, and high-quality E.
Romeo: Booze, E, and someone to occupy Benvolio for a few hours.
Benvolio: To turn Mercury and the gang into respectable people. And then someone to emo to.
The Trio: They have everything they could ever want. They're just in the Game because they like to imagine themselves as high-class assassins.
Sebastian: Money, a car, and Viola in a bikini. (No, seriously.)

For AEM...

Heather: Eradication of the parasites, a promotion, and a boyfriend.
Rose: Peace, quiet, and strawberry shortcake. A lot of it.
Bill: A cure, peace, and godlike wisdom. Although he won't admit the latter.
Nettle: A promotion, power, and wealth. (Possibly something involving a secret underground lair and a death ray as well.)

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
Mama's boy:
Jack: some completely awesome Pokémon, a huge serving of ice cream and some information concerning certain things
April: New cooking utensils, her husband alive again and that Jack and Mari would get married
World Saviour Sora-chan:
Sora: World peace, enough food for everyone in this world and an Espeon to befriend Moonlight
Susanne: Sora and Usa-chan to the farhtest jungle of the world, getting back to normal and a microscope
Usa-chan: Some really cute, fluffy, white clothes, someone to love and world peace
Journey to Isle of Jade:
Pichu: A bag of rare candies, some vitamins and something nice for Cimi
Radeem: Nothing, she thinks she already has everything she might ever need
Ivysaur: Nothing, because he wouldn't believe the genie would give him anything
Adan: He would think for four weeks and then make some lame wish, like "so much clothes I never have to buy any again", and then he'd go nuts and wish for a swimming pool and his own private restaurant or something...

That said, I have to comment on that movie thing... None of the movies made from the books you really like are good. I liked Fellowship of the Ring, but I missed Tom Bombadil and hated some of the extra scenes, so that one wasn't great, either. And they just got worse from that... Also, Harry Potter movies (not that I ever liked HP an awful lot) weren't as good as they could have been, I heard the Eragon movie was a total disaster (I never saw it, neither am I going to see it), the Narnia movies turned out a bit off and even the Golden Compass has some severe flaws to it. I don't even want to know what will become of the Artemis Fowl movie. And Howl's Moving Castle the movie even has a different plot than the book does...

I never read Ender's Game, though, so maybe it has some hope. If I don't like it, it could turn out to be a great movie, right? At least if the "good-books=bad-movies"-rule applies backwards... :laugh:

Last edited:

Manaphyman

Sevii Trainer
Years
The Sevii Islands Saga
John- A normal life, a slave to carry his bad, and an unending supply of food
Mike-To be better than John, a legendary pokemon, and a normal journery
George- Better battling skills, more pokemon, and more real friends
Joey- Actual battling skills, better pokemon skills, and a normal life

And as for my two other characters...well they are unknown to my readers on PC, so we'll leave it at that.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
When I saw that I said NUUUUUUU!!!!

A movie, or any visual form of that book and its sequals, will just not work. The books are more character-driven, especially the Speaker series (the last three books of the Ender quartet And yes, I know that there are four sequels out now, but Exile doesn't count as a Speaker novel. It ties into Game better). Getting inside the head of these characters is what Card's partially known for. (Another thing is his moral-driven writing. Like when a character is pondering his guilt over something.) How will that transform to a movie, or even a comic (which was and is still being done)?

There's also the fact that the movie is going to combine both Game and Shadow. I know that Card was the one to write the screenplay, but I'm still unsure of how these two books will mesh. Yes, they tell the same story, but each character has his own side to tell about everything that it will be difficult to have each one be separate, unless poor Bean gets tossed into the wind. (But that won't be good for the majority of the fans, because they like Bean more.)

Plus, there's also the fact that how will the actual characters be acted. I mean, the characters are smart kids. There's also the whole issue of the battle room, with fourty to 120 kids flying around in zero gravity. And then there's the brutal nature of the books, and the nudity, and the fact that everything previous ties into a later event, and there's just too much wrong with this whole thing.

And then there's the fact that this movie has been in the works for at least twenty years. It took that long to get just a working screenplay written.

An-chan said:
At least if the "good-books=bad-movies"-rule applies backwards...
Excuse me, but what is that implying about the book?

Xanthine said:
I'm sorry, but when I think of an Ender's Game movie, I can't help but think "Haley Joel Osmont."
Which amuses me, because Osmont was the voice of Sora in Kingdom Hearts, who I ship with Ender somewhat.

Aden: A quicker way to travel, more food, and more money to pay for supplies
Shinrai: Daisuke to fall into a hole and die, an easier way to find the "Holy Trees", and for a broken computer
Angel: sex, sex, sex with Andrew. If, however, that counts as one wish, then he'll also add for Alessandra to stop touching his man, and keep the last wish for more lube if they run out on the spaceship or something trivial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back