• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ROM Hack] Louise and Hector's Red TPP playthrough

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022
Hey, I'm Louise, and Hector is my kitten I recently adopted. I've been playing Pokémon since 2012 on my 15th birthday, when I started playing Black version. Since then I've played at least one playthrough of every new generation/remake to come out (Black 2, X, Y, αSapphire, Mon, Ultra Moon, LGP, Shield) plus some of the older ones (including FireRed and SoulSilver). I just got a copy of the TwitchPlaysPokémon hack of Red they did for their second season. With gen 1, my only experience was trying out some glitch runs on Blue via the 3DS VC, so I've never played through them properly, but I heard they were more challenging than the games I'm used to, especially the rom hack I'm using.

I'm one week into playing, and have put about 6 hours in so far. I have beaten Brock's gym, but haven't set off to Misty yet, due to wanting to train my team a bit. The trainers are more difficult to fight than I expected, and it took me 4 or 5 tries to beat Brock, having to luck out with a Pikachu I levelled higher than the rest of my team. My team right now consists of Squirtle (starter), Pikachu, Bulbasaur and Doduo. Hector has been with me whilst I play, so I'm counting this as his journey too.

My goals for this playthrough are just to beat the game and the PokéDex. I know this hack allows for all 151 to be caught, so once I'm done with the main game, my plan is to use a Rattata with Super Fang to help catch everything else I need. I'll be trying to do a weekly update post, but am not sure how long I intend this to take (I'm doing this only in free time alongside uni work).

I hope you enjoy reading about our journey through the Kanto regiom.

Back