• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nice post, I like it.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Like, as you may know, is a relatively new feature. Like, like my likes! We all can now happily "like" a person's post like in Facebook where like, like is liked by those who want to like! I wish we could like, like likes of our own liking like, at anytime, so like, like will be like, liked by those likes who like the likers!

What is your general opinion on likes? Do you like a lot? What are your criteria fitting "likes"? Do you believe hybrids of the current system (Like thumbs up and thumbs down) can be implemented, do you think it is relevant enough? How do you react when someone likes your post? Is it the same as saying "nice!" or "thank you" or those simple messages?

(you may proceed to like this post and give me a hundred notifications the next time I check this place and basically kill me just to show appreciation)

TY

I like a post when i think its a good opinion on something or if the post made me laugh a lot.
Im not too hyped with likes, i have a lot of them on my posts, but i dont really care. I dont post for likes *cough* Facebook *cough*

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016
On this forum, I normally like posts that have the same ideas as me or if I appreciate what they posted. However, on Facebook, I really don't like that many things. I only like posts if they are actually really funny to me. But, I myself, normally get a lot of
likes on my stuff because I try and post funny things!

I'm in it for the likes!

tsubaki9

Send the dead back to dead!
Years
I always like every post I liked.
If someone likes my post, I'll check their profile and do nothing. xD
But unlike in Facebook, if someone likes my post, I'll say thank you to them.

Years
I often used the likes feature a lot on Facebook back in the days I used to use the site regularly. When PC implemented the system I tended to hit that like button on almost any post that grabbed my attention and then *BAM* I got an emblem for it. I mostly tend to like posts that also mention something I really love right now or make me laugh. I did turn off notifications for when any of my posts gets liked due to certain reasons, but at least you now know there's an emblem you can get for liking a lot of posts.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I like posts when I have the same opinion as the posters, when I appreciate what the poster as said and wish to thank him or her, when I genuinely like the contents of the posts, when the posts are meaningful, or when the posts resonate with me at that point of time. I feel that this system is a great way of efficiently giving a thumbs up when words are not necessary, similar to real life. I like quite a lot, but not too much. I should try liking more though! Haha. When someone likes my posts, I see it as a way to keep on improving myself, as well as thanking the person silently for that small but meaningful gesture.

Sirfetch’d

I was really happy when this feature was implemented because it gave you a way to agree with agree with a post without having to actually respond.

I usually like posts if I agree with them or if I find them incredibly funny. I have started using this feature a bit more frequently as of late and I now probably like somewhere between 3-5 posts per day.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
LIKE EVERYTHING IN THE MULTISPECTRUM

I don't like posts a lot. On Facebook, I have to moderate what I like because my grandma yells at me if I like something with offensive content or obscenities in it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I really don't care, so much so that I got a mention in Announcements.
I do occasionally like posts in CQ&F where a simple '+1 to this opinion' might be relevant.

do you think it is relevant enough?
No. As they'd say in 2008, TPC isn't a social networking site. That argument is no longer likely to be seen as valid, but I do also think likes are... too positive — can I say that? I mean to say that likes are of an 'everyone is a winner' attitude. With post comments heavily marginalised, there's no real channel for neutral or negative feedback on posts without it being confrontational.

droomph

weeb
Years
well I kinda forget about the likes 99% of the time and what comes around goes around so the most likes I've ever gotten on one post is around 3, and only about 50 all-time (though you might say that's pretty good but tbh who cares right).

It's a good way to show your approval tbh but I don't know how the negative feedback can happen also.

Back