• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] 3/4rths of the Intro Screen is Black

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Hello all,

as the title of the thread suggests, the into part where the professor introduces the player to the game is acting very strange - only the top left quarter of the screen displays the images, while the rest of the screen (except for the text) is all black. In fact, when the player chooses if they want to be a boy or a girl, you can see the player's sprite appear in suite of this decision.
On top of that, both the Marill and Professor sprites are also covered by this black blank, which is what confuses me the most.

Now, I don't know why this happened - I just restarted my game to test some changes at the start of the game and noticed this. If it helps, I also just noticed that the red screen effect that happens when the player walks around with a poisoned pkm also only displays the red effect in the top left quarter of the screen.

If any of you might know what this is and how to fix it, that would be brilliant!
Thank you!

(by the way, I can't seem to add a screenshot, so here's a crude illustration of what the screen looks like)

OOOXXX
OOOXXX
XXXXXXX
XXXXXXX
X - black
O - intro images/red poisoned effect.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 14, 2019
I'm going to guess you didn't scale up the images to double size before saving them

Back