• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script for Disguise

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
Mmmmh... I was looking for something like that but... What i have to search? I'm not sure. Did I have to search the "trasformed!" line, or the transform animation?

Juno and Ice

Developer of Pokémon Floral Tempus
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Mimikyu gets it's disguise back when it gets switched out. I don't think that's supposed to happen, unless I'm wrong.

Poq

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 28, 2021
Mmmmh... I was looking for something like that but... What i have to search? I'm not sure. Did I have to search the "trasformed!" line, or the transform animation?

I would just search for the message that is displaying twice. The one I coded has the line "disguise was busted" so you could search for that.
Now, in my script there are two messages, but they are different:
  1. Mimikyu's disguise served as a decoy
  2. Mimikyu's disguise was busted.
If you're getting the exact same message twice, something probably got added wrong.

Mimikyu gets it's disguise back when it gets switched out. I don't think that's supposed to happen, unless I'm wrong.

No, you're right; it shouldn't get it's disguise back. That didn't happen when I tested it though. If you're running into that problem, then for some reason your script is not changing the actual Pokemon's form, just the Battler. (In Essentials, the in battle Pokemon is actually just a copy of the party Pokemon).
Make sure that you have these scripts defined in class PokeBattle_Pokemon (mine were in the script section for Mega Evolution, but it should be the same class).
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Juno and Ice

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
No, you're right; it shouldn't get it's disguise back. That didn't happen when I tested it though. If you're running into that problem, then for some reason your script is not changing the actual Pokemon's form, just the Battler. (In Essentials, the in battle Pokemon is actually just a copy of the party Pokemon).
Make sure that you have these scripts defined in class PokeBattle_Pokemon (mine were in the script section for Mega Evolution, but it should be the same class).
Spoiler:

I deleted and re-inserted all the scripts and it's still reverting back to it's disguised form when switched out. Is there anything I'm still missing? Maybe something with the PBS files?
I don't know, I'm really confused here.

Last edited:

Poq

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 28, 2021
I deleted and re-inserted all the scripts and it's still reverting back to it's disguised form when switched out. Is there anything I'm still missing? Maybe something with the PBS files?
I don't know, I'm really confused here.

I just double checked mine, and it definitely stays busted on switch in. The problem shouldn't be the PBS files. The only thing you do there are list the ability and assign it to a Pokemon.

Do you have anything listed for disguise in abilitiesOnSwitchIn? That's something a lot of form changes use, but this script doesn't

The other area to look is the pbBust and makeBusted to make sure that they are changing the actual Pokemon's form, not just the battlers.

Uzagi

the bunny
Years
I just installed the script, but my Mimikyu still does get hit and the ability doesn't activate...

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
I just installed the script, but my Mimikyu still does get hit and the ability doesn't activate...

Check again all steps carefully, because its all works fine.
PS: Did you have sprite to Mimikyu Busted? Also, you add in 'pokemonform.txt' MIMIKYU[-1]?

Uzagi

the bunny
Years
Check again all steps carefully, because its all works fine.
PS: Did you have sprite to Mimikyu Busted? Also, you add in 'pokemonform.txt' MIMIKYU[-1]?

Yes I do have the sprite, and didn't add in pokemonform.txt

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
With all that finished, you should now have functioning code for the Disguise ability. Enjoy and use responsibly!
And of course, credit is appreciated if you use it.

Hey Poq, when i use Fury Attack or Water Shuriken (a move attack that have more than one hit), this is happens:

dlRdRKy.gif

And Mimikyu uses Copy Cat and inflict me damage with Water Shuriken, but to the first hit, its use the same "lol move animation" than Greninja does.

Do you know why?

Poq

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 28, 2021
Do you know why?

So, I'm not sure I follow exactly what's happening, but it seems like it might be more of an animation issue? Maybe the ability message triggering throws off the sequence of animations? I'm really not sure. I haven't used this script with EBS, either, so thre may be a compatibility issue I'm not aware of.

I'll try to look into it and see if it's reproducible, but it might be a couple days before I have the time.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
So, I'm not sure I follow exactly what's happening, but it seems like it might be more of an animation issue? Maybe the ability message triggering throws off the sequence of animations? I'm really not sure. I haven't used this script with EBS, either, so thre may be a compatibility issue I'm not aware of.

I'll try to look into it and see if it's reproducible, but it might be a couple days before I have the time.

No no, im not usin EBS. I just add message ability yet.

Poq

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 28, 2021
No no, im not usin EBS. I just add message ability yet.

Okay, I couldn't quite tell from the gif. I would start by looking at the ability message script and then at the copycat script.

Juno and Ice

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Okay, I couldn't quite tell from the gif. I would start by looking at the ability message script and then at the copycat script.

unknown.png

This script in PField_Battles is supposed to make Mimikyu go back to disguised for after battle right?
How come it's not working for me?

P.S: I managed to fix the error I had before with mimikyu not staying busted after being switched out. For some reason Mimikyu was in pbResetForm. All I had to do was take it out. The issue above is a new issue.

Poq

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 28, 2021
unknown.png

This script in PField_Battles is supposed to make Mimikyu go back to disguised for after battle right?
How come it's not working for me?

I would check out "def makeDisguised"
Make sure that it's defined in the class PokeBattle_Pokemon, and make sure that the code the makes sense. It should check what the pokémon's busted form is, check its current form, and if they match, change the form back to the base form.

Poq

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 28, 2021
Hey Poq, when i use Fury Attack or Water Shuriken (a move attack that have more than one hit), this is happens:

dlRdRKy.gif

And Mimikyu uses Copy Cat and inflict me damage with Water Shuriken, but to the first hit, its use the same "lol move animation" than Greninja does.

Do you know why?

Hey WolfPP. I did a bunch of testing with Water Shuriken, Disguise, and Copycat, and I haven't been able to reproduce this error. Everything was working as expected, so my guess is that the ability message are interfering with the multi-hit attacks somehow.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Hey WolfPP. I did a bunch of testing with Water Shuriken, Disguise, and Copycat, and I haven't been able to reproduce this error. Everything was working as expected, so my guess is that the ability message are interfering with the multi-hit attacks somehow.

I fixed, Poq! The problem was about Water Shuriken's move animation. I just deleted and works corretly (without that 'dark move' after first hit). Amem nothing about Message Ability.

Back