• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokémon Chion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
3jdYkkb.png

Hello! I'm glad to introduce you my first game made on RPG Maker XP!
I changed my mind many many times before deciding to publish this, but now I'm ready to stand it. It's a very important goal to me, really, mostly because I prefer to work alone, therefore I had to do all by myself. This slightly improved my skills in almost every field.
Note that this post, as well as the game, may have grammar and/or syntax errors, since English is not my first language. Please, if you find some errors, report them here! I'll gladly accept your criticism!
Without further ado, here's the plot!

Plot (more elements will be revealed through the game)

Poochyena's story.
The first part of the story will take place in a desert land, totally covered by snow and apparently uninhabited. As there is no trace of humans, Pokemons that have been able to adapt to the environment, have taken control of the place. However, the lack of food forced most of them to hunt the weaker members of their own species This is the case of Poochyena, first protagonist of this story, which will have to watch from its own pack...

Alexis' story.
In a spooky forest, a girl awakes from the snow with no memories of herself, except for her name: Alexis. Wandering in the woods, alone and afraid, she notices traces of blood on the ground and decides to follow them.
Soon she will realize she's not alone.

Characters (more to come, according to the story)

3dLDjC3.png
Alexis

7fK3TzH.png
Poochyena

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Features

A totally new story;
possibility to play alternately as Poochyena and as Alexis during special events;
Elite Battle script;
two languages available: English and Italian;
new graphics;
the first Pokémon in your party will follow you around, like HeartGold and SoulSilver;
Poochyena will be an inseparable character that will play an important role throughout the story, therefore it cannot be deposited, released or traded.

Download: Pokémon Chion version 0.5 ITA/ENG

Warnings: some parts of this game may hurt the sensibility of someone (nothing offensive or rude). The parts concerned may have slightly gory scenes, sometimes involving the death of some characters.

Before playing the game, download the newest patch in order to have the latest fixes and changes: Pokémon Chion patch

Patch notes:
Code:
Fixed some typos.
Fixed some mapping errors.
If you got caught by a Mightyena, you will be teleported to the first map of the game, instead of returning to tile screen and a text will be displayed.

Credits
Not in a particular order.
Spoiler:

Banners for signatures

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=352677"]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MBloTGH.png[/IMG][/URL]

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=352677"]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KRaJdjP.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

mde2001

Pokemon Industrial Developer
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
This looks really promising. I'll keep an eye on it for further development! Good luck.

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
Hey!
I'm sorry, I've been really quiet, but the game is not dead at all! I had a pause of 6 days (my summer vacation) but in the past days I've been reworking on the maps (since they didn't completely satisfied me). I'm not posting screenshots because the graphic is the same as before, so I find it unnecessary. Maybe I'll post a map or two to keep the thread upgraded.
Again, I'm sorry guys. The game development will always be slow, but the game will come! I'm planning to release a playable version before the end of the year.

Also, thank you for all your comments!

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
Here's a little graphic update! I hope you enjoy!

ZRTPmQe.png

Credits:
The-Red-eX (mountains, trees, rocks, grass);
Cails Projects e Minorthreat (small trees).

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
Hey! Today, I'll show you another little graphic update!

x5mFn3l.png

On the first screen, you can see the wood in which Alexis wakes up, while in the second one I'd like to introduce you a feature that I've always loved: mugshots!
I improved Poochyena's sprite as well, as you may have noticed. ^^

I'm not sure to who I should give credits for the Will O'Wisp OWs, since the page in which I found them it's in Indonesian and Google translate doesn't help very much! xD
As far as I understood, they've been made by someone called Vibrato, so credits go to him!

Aljen

The Lost Boy...
Years
cool, the mugshot looks pretty detail to me xD, keep up the good work, Here is a little gif from me for all your hard work xD
KRaJdjP.gif

Code:
http://i.imgur.com/KRaJdjP.gif

Last edited:

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
cool, the mugshot looks pretty detail to me xD, keep up the good work, Here is a little gif from me for all your hard work xD
KRaJdjP.gif

Code:
http://i.imgur.com/KRaJdjP.gif

Thank you very much! You're a very kind person! I'll put it in the thread. :)

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
The main post has been updated to reflect the current state of the game. :)

I'm working on a new pause menu UI, which you can see in the second last screen (it's still a WIP though).
I've also updated Alexis' sprite, now it looks better, however I don't exclude future changes on her sprite.
3dLDjC3.png

Thanks for reading. :)

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
Here's a GIF which shows the completed menù. :)
If the player has no Pokémon in his/her party, the tiny balls on the right won't show.

15gMtwV.gif

I'm still working on the graphics, but i'm pretty satisfied of the result for now.
Do you have any suggestion?

Spoiler:

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
DEMO RELEASE

And with great satisfaction, I'm releasing the first playable version of Pokémon Chion! Enjoy!
Thanks for all your comments and for all the positive imputs you, pokécommunity, gave to me!

Please note that the game may have some grammar errors, since English is not my first language. If you find some, please report them in this topic. Thanks for your cooperation.

Download : Pokémon Chion version 0.5 ITA/ENG

Warnings: some parts of this game may hurt the sensibility of someone (nothing offensive or vulgar). The parts concerned may have slightly gory scenes, sometimes with the death of some characters.

If I forgot any of you in the credits, I'm sorry: it was not intentional. Please PM me or write a message here and you will be added to credits.

Alababal

Pokémon Alabaster Developer
Years
Well I played through the demo and let me say, I loved it. The atmosphere was great and the puzzles were really engaging. One little thing for the english version though...

Untitled_zpsxtmpdoe7.jpg

Also, and this is just a personal suggestion, but you should put text saying something like game over when the mightyena catch you, or do something to imply that you should try again. Cause the first time that happened for a moment I thought that was the end of the demo.

Overall great job though. I'll be looking forward to your next release.

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
Well I played through the demo and let me say, I loved it. The atmosphere was great and the puzzles were really engaging. One little thing for the english version though...

Untitled_zpsxtmpdoe7.jpg

Also, and this is just a personal suggestion, but you should put text saying something like game over when the mightyena catch you, or do something to imply that you should try again. Cause the first time that happened for a moment I thought that was the end of the demo.

Overall great job though. I'll be looking forward to your next release.

Thank you, I took your advice. I'm going to release a patch that will contain some improvements in general. If you (and of course everyone else) have any other suggestion, I'll gladly listen to your ideas and I may consider to add them to the patch. :)

Years
Hi I just wanted to say that I really like your game ^^ I tried demo and it's really nice though it was confusing at start cause I didn't know what to do except only going from one place till another until I figured out what to do.I can't wait for more to play and I wish you luck on finishing this game :)

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
Patch release

Hey guys! The new patch is ready! :)
This is not a standalone version! You need to download Pokémon Chion 0.5 first and replace the existing files in your game folder with these new files to apply changes.

Download: Pokémon Chion patch

Patch notes:
Code:
Fixed some typos.
Fixed some mapping errors.
If you got caught by a Mightyena, you will be teleported to the first map of the game, instead of returning to tile screen and a text will be displayed.

Edit: the file has been re-uploaded due to an error within the patch, which prevented to continue the game. It should not cause problems now. Everyone who downloaded the previous patch should replace it with the new one.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back