• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: How to embed a Youtube video?

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
I see everyone else embedding Youtube videos in their posts, and I can't get it to work. What I've been doing is pasting the URL of the desired video into the post, then clicking the little Youtube logo button to put the tags around it. The video embeds, but it won't play - you just see a black square, and if you click on it, you get an "error, try again later" message. Help?

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
You have to wrap the part of the link that comes after the equal sign in
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>

Last edited:
Years
You have to wrap the part of the link that comes after the equal sign in
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
Years
I think that there should be a little context menu popup that appears when you hover over the "Add a Youtube Video" button, and explains what you need to include and don't- I couldn't figure it out until I came across this thread 😞

Years
I think that there should be a little context menu popup that appears when you hover over the "Add a Youtube Video" button, and explains what you need to include and don't- I couldn't figure it out until I came across this thread 😞
Not saying your suggestion is invalid but all the BB code options on PC are listed here and how to use them: https://www.pokecommunity.com/docs/bbcode/

Years
Not saying your suggestion is invalid but all the BB code options on PC are listed here and how to use them: https://www.pokecommunity.com/docs/bbcode/

i found this page myself after some researching around of bb code tutorials (for my flair lol), but it did take a good amount of effort. is there anyway to reach this page naturally? like from the home page or something (esp for beginners)? clicking back to the FAQ directory on the upper left just takes me to a 404 page.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
i found this page myself after some researching around of bb code tutorials (for my flair lol), but it did take a good amount of effort. is there anyway to reach this page naturally? like from the home page or something (esp for beginners)? clicking back to the FAQ directory on the upper left just takes me to a 404 page.

It's on the navigation bar under the question mark drop down. It's probably not as obvious as it could be. Though if you're mobile this menu doesn't appear unless you're in landscape orientation.

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
Years