• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
I can tell you the offset you need to overwrite to get rid of it.:P Umm, I found them in Un-Lz at one point. I think they are listed on one of the many tutorials for titlescreens around here.

Um.... You never told me the offset, and I did look at a ton of titlescreen Background tutorials, and they all gave me the charizard intro offset. So I would like to know the actual offset number...

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
How could i make something like the boat script on emerald that you talk to the guy and the guy brings you with the boat somewhere if i know how to do that i wouldnt need to surf ..

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Um.... You never told me the offset, and I did look at a ton of titlescreen Background tutorials, and they all gave me the charizard intro offset. So I would like to know the actual offset number...

Sorry about that. Okay, all of the pointers (or at least most of them) for the titlescreen images are located at 0x78A90 along with there pallettes. Check every pointer you find in the surrounding bytes and see what you find. Also:
Code:
    Disable OAMs on TS:
        [08078FE0]= C0 46
        [08078FE2]= C0 46
        [08078FE8]= C0 46
        [08078FEA]= C0 46

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2016
My guide doesn't require JPAN's engine. Look for: "Advance Overworld Sprite Editing: Part 2".

Ah, right! I did use your guide extensively after finding it halfway through repointing stuff. It was indeed immensely helpful.

The reason the palettes collide is because in that series of bytes, it is is 1X010000. Only the X matters. If you go into VBA->Tools->Palette Viewer, you will see 16 palettes for OBJ. That X determines which palette slot is used for the OW. Only 0-A are availible. 0 is always the player.

Hmm... So does that mean that I have to use the existing palettes for newly inserted OWs? I checked the Palette Viewer when the player is in Oak's lab and slots 0-9 seem to be used. I know that slots 1-5 are commonly used for other OWs, but when I assigned values of 6-9 for X, the new palette wouldn't load into that slot. Only slot A seems to work (probably because it's unused). Is there some way around this, or do I just have to make do with existing palettes instead of inserting a new palette for each new OW?

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Dude? Did you even read the second half of my response?? Just repoint the frames... The corruption is most likely in the image itself... So repoint to some free space, get a clean slate, and then draw/import the images again.

Late reply, I know. I figured I would just restore from a backup just cuz. Also, I fixed it, so thank you.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Ah, right! I did use your guide extensively after finding it halfway through repointing stuff. It was indeed immensely helpful.

Hmm... So does that mean that I have to use the existing palettes for newly inserted OWs? I checked the Palette Viewer when the player is in Oak's lab and slots 0-9 seem to be used. I know that slots 1-5 are commonly used for other OWs, but when I assigned values of 6-9 for X, the new palette wouldn't load into that slot. Only slot A seems to work (probably because it's unused). Is there some way around this, or do I just have to make do with existing palettes instead of inserting a new palette for each new OW?

There is a reason GF had so few palettes for OWs. There is no way around this. This is a hardware restriction.

----
You could, however, rewrite everything the way Golden Sun did and have one 256 color palette that all of the OWs used. However that would require a complete ASM rewrite of all of the OW loaders, so probably not a good idea:P

Years
So, I am staring to mess with Emerald again, and I need to change the pointers for the move data table, I have been unable to find where they are, so I could use a little help with this, a list of pointers would be quite nice.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
So, I am staring to mess with Emerald again, and I need to change the pointers for the move data table, I have been unable to find where they are, so I could use a little help with this, a list of pointers would be quite nice.

You can download the tool "Pokémon Game Editor" and check the offsets from the roms.ini file. :3
Anyway...

Code:
From PGE's rom.ini file...

[BPEE]
ROMName=Pokémon Emerald (English)
AttackNames=&H31977C
AttackData=&H31C898

Years
You can download the tool "Pokémon Game Editor" and check the offsets from the roms.ini file. :3
Anyway...

Code:
From PGE's rom.ini file...

[BPEE]
ROMName=Pokémon Emerald (English)
AttackNames=&H31977C
AttackData=&H31C898

Well, I found that by myself, but I need the pointers in the rom, as I need to move stuff around, and I can not seem to find where they are. But that is a good resource and I thanks you for that.

JordanB500

Former Pokemon League Champion
Years
since my question was unanswered i am asking it again i used a modifyed sample of a script that i got from a thread on pokecommunity i tryed to compile it but even the sample script wouldnt compile kept saying "Unknown value in IF (Value must be integer)" so i was wondering is there a way to fix this script also idk if im doing this right with the modified script i want to be able to trade 10 ultra balls for a masterball

#org 0x86B475C
checkflag 0x201
if B_True goto $GotBall
checkitem 0x2
compare LASTRESULT 10
if B_<< goto $NoUltra
message $WantBall
$WantBall 1 = Oh, You have ten Ultra Balls.\pIf you want i can trade you a MasterBall \lfor ten of your UltraBalls...\pWhat do you say?
boxset 5
compare LASTRESULT 10
if B_FALSE goto $DontGet
giveitem 0x1 1
removeitem 0x2 10
Release
end

#ORG $GotBall
Lock
Faceplayer
message $Likeballs
$Likeballs 1 = Smart Choice!
boxset 6
release
end

#ORG $NoUltra
Lock
Faceplayer
message $ugotnoballs
$ugotnoballs 1 = Oh, you... dont have ten Ultra Balls!?\lCome back when you get ten!!/p and ill give ya something good!!
boxset 6
release
end

#ORG $DontGet
Lock
Faceplayer
message $badchoice
$badchoice 1 = its your loss!!\nI guess ill be keeping these for myself.
boxset 6
release
end

but i also want to be able to repeat the event btw im using Score_Under's PKSV-UI for a script/text editor

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
since my question was unanswered i am asking it again i used a modifyed sample of a script that i got from a thread on pokecommunity i tryed to compile it but even the sample script wouldnt compile kept saying "Unknown value in IF (Value must be integer)" so i was wondering is there a way to fix this script also idk if im doing this right with the modified script i want to be able to trade 10 ultra balls for a masterball

#org 0x86B475C
checkflag 0x201
if B_True goto $GotBall
checkitem 0x2
compare LASTRESULT 10
if B_<< goto $NoUltra
message $WantBall
$WantBall 1 = Oh, You have ten Ultra Balls.\pIf you want i can trade you a MasterBall \lfor ten of your UltraBalls...\pWhat do you say?
boxset 5
compare LASTRESULT 10
if B_FALSE goto $DontGet
giveitem 0x1 1
removeitem 0x2 10
Release
end

#ORG $GotBall
Lock
Faceplayer
message $Likeballs
$Likeballs 1 = Smart Choice!
boxset 6
release
end

#ORG $NoUltra
Lock
Faceplayer
message $ugotnoballs
$ugotnoballs 1 = Oh, you... dont have ten Ultra Balls!?\lCome back when you get ten!!/p and ill give ya something good!!
boxset 6
release
end

#ORG $DontGet
Lock
Faceplayer
message $badchoice
$badchoice 1 = its your loss!!\nI guess ill be keeping these for myself.
boxset 6
release
end

but i also want to be able to repeat the event btw im using Score_Under's PKSV-UI for a script/text editor

You wont get an answer in this thread! post it in the script help thread :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • no
  • Seen Apr 20, 2020
Kudos! Im kinda new here and i want to ask something... If it is asked before, could you atleast tell me what to search, i have no idea what to search regarding this matter. HAHA!

anyways, here it is...

How could you change the route label at the top left corner when entering a map? is it possible IN FIRE RED?

the default one's kinda plain and stuff~

thank you! :D happy hacking!

EDIT: sorry about that, i constructed that question wrongfully. haha.

i mean the background/tile for those labels... i've been trying to look at it with UNLZ-GBA, but still no luck. :/

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Kudos! Im kinda new here and i want to ask something... If it is asked before, could you atleast tell me what to search, i have no idea what to search regarding this matter. HAHA!

anyways, here it is...

How could you change the route label at the top left corner when entering a map? is it possible IN FIRE RED?

the default one's kinda plain and stuff~

thank you! :D happy hacking!

Hello I think you mean the map names (like ROUTE 1, PALETTE TOWN, ect ...) and in order to change that first go to the map of which name you want to change.

Second go to headers.

Third in the area that says "Name:" if you look on the right side you will see a little text box where you can change the name!!!

Now I have one of my own questions!

I am using JPANs hack applier for my ROM and for setting a new healing place, I use this script

Spoiler:

However, now I need to make a healing place that isn't a POKeMON center. Cause right now when I set my healing place to anything, it will show the pokeballs and nurse joy will say her thing, anyway I can change it so when I respawn no one says anything? Please let me know! Thanks!

Years
  • Age 31
  • no
  • Seen Apr 20, 2020
Hello I think you mean the map names (like ROUTE 1, PALETTE TOWN, ect ...) and in order to change that first go to the map of which name you want to change.

Second go to headers.

Third in the area that says "Name:" if you look on the right side you will see a little text box where you can change the name!!!

Uhh, sorry about that. I forgot to include this in the question... By means of changing the label, i mean the background/tile/textbox of those labels...

Neti

Inactive
Years
I've been searching for hours now and can't find the answer... Can anyone tell me how I can edit the palette of the world map? I managed to insert mine, but it has the wrong colors. I guess it can be done with APE, but what offset should I use? When exporting the palette from VBA and importing to APE it won't find it...

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Does anybody know of a tutorial that changes the intro sprites for the boy/girl/rival/oak in fire red that doesn't need gimp or photoshop? It seems like a waste to download a big program to just use it once.

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
Years
Does anybody know of a tutorial that changes the intro sprites for the boy/girl/rival/oak in fire red that doesn't need gimp or photoshop? It seems like a waste to download a big program to just use it once.

Instead of buying or download GIMP or Photoshop, you can also use Pixlr (search it, you'll find it. it's a website). It is like photoshop, but then online. I use it because I'm not going to download photoshop since i'm too lazy to do so :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back