• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

XY Ash vs Paul

Who's Better?

• Total voters

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Well, this is about Ash, not about you and your bad memories of Kalos; Would you mind staying on topic because it's about Ash and not you, thanks!

I would say XY Ash is stronger than Paul considering he's always the kind whom overcome type disadvantages, with the team mates strengths in counting, it works.
I never said it was about me. Again, stop putting words in my mouth and don't tell me what to do. Why are you always having a go with me? Plenty of other users to talk to.

Anyway, due to bad memories, i won't side with XY Ash against Paul.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
I voted Paul since I feel that he was more strategic than XY Ash (im not saying XY Ash wasn't strategic, I just feel that Paul is better at it).

Hmm actually I did considered about Paul as he has a Electivire whom is strong enough to take down at least 2 of Ash's flying types. Ursaring and Weavile would be so good against Ash's Dragons, though if it's the same old scriptwriters going on about making Ash-Greninja much more special, Torterra would not be a match for it after a long heavy battle (Which will most likely be the last 2 standing for the last round), that's why I think Ash would win despite Paul having better plans and team mates.

He should also probably be a better trainer to his Pokemon now too, especially after meeting Ash and probably treating his Pokemon with much more kindness. But the scriptwriter wants Ash to win every antagonist, so unless we are the ones writing the scripts or cutting those mainstream scriptwriters out I would say Paul would win like you said.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
I never said it was about me. Again, stop putting words in my mouth and don't tell me what to do. Why are you always having a go with me? Plenty of other users to talk to.

Anyway, due to bad memories, i won't side with XY Ash against Paul.

So your saying that Paul is better than XY Ash because of bad memories you had of XY? That has nothing to do with their skill as trainers and the power of their pokemon.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
So your saying that Paul is better than XY Ash because of bad memories you had of XY? That has nothing to do with their skill as trainers and the power of their pokemon.
Paul has more skills and pokemon than XY Ash ever had in my opinion. I will never side with XY Ash.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
Paul has more skills and pokemon than XY Ash ever had in my opinion. I will never side with XY Ash.

How do you know that? And having more pokemon doesn't matter if we're using league teams because they both have 6 pokemon.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
How do you know that? And having more pokemon doesn't matter if we're using league teams because they both have 6 pokemon.
Well Paul was given a lot of powerhouses. Ash of Kalos kind of put his focus onto mostly Greninja which made the other team members have less screen time.

If you think XY Ash can then i respect that. However i remain on Paul's side on this one.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
Well Paul was given a lot of powerhouses. Ash of Kalos kind of put his focus onto mostly Greninja which made the other team members have less screen time.

If you think XY Ash can then i respect that. However i remain on Paul's side on this one.

The focus started in XYZ before that all of Ash's pokemon had focus and if DP Ash can beat Paul then why can't XY Ash.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
The focus started in XYZ before that all of Ash's pokemon had focus and if DP Ash can beat Paul then why can't XY Ash.
Because pokemon like Noibat were rushed. Hawlucha kind of got benched during the saga. Pikachu and Froakie line had the most attention during the whole of kalos.

I don't see his kalos team winning against Paul. I do see Ash-Greninja taking two or three of Paul's pokemon out and Pikachu getting the win. But the rest of XY Ash's team wouldn't last long in my opinion.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
Because pokemon like Noibat were rushed. Hawlucha kind of got benched during the saga. Pikachu and Froakie line had the most attention during the whole of kalos.

I don't see his kalos team winning against Paul. I do see Ash-Greninja taking two or three of Paul's pokemon out and Pikachu getting the win. But the rest of XY Ash's team wouldn't last long in my opinion.

How was Hawlucha benched?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019

You keep saying the same thing over and over again in your posts, try to make sense of what you are saying when you post.

I'm staying with the idea that XY Ash is much better then Paul.

Last edited:
Years
To put it simple, Paul has a chance to beat XY Ash.
Only problem for him will be Fodderoodra and Pikachu. Drapion can do it to Fodderoodra, it is very strong or at least get a draw. As for Pikachu, Aagron would weaken him and Usaring beat him. Paul has got a lot of powerhouses.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Paul is strong. They showed how powerful he was in sinnoh.

XY Ash might win if he used his strongest from all regions. So Greninja, Sceptile, Charizard, Krookodile, Infernape and either Pikachu or Snorelax. With those six he can win. But not with just kalos pokemon.

Paul can win if XY Ash is restricted to only his kalos team in my opinion. Only with his best from all regions can XY Ash achieve victory in my opinion.

Back