• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Mono-Color Challenge

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
Ultimate Purple Monocolor Challenge HeartGold Update #3

Badges: 7

-So I had a change of heart, and switched out Walnut for Bruce the Koffing which I caught at the Burned Tower
-Around the same time Cooper the Shellder hatched out of the egg
-Went and dealt with the Red Gyarados so I could take the Red Scale back so I could have Exp Share
-Went to Olivine and Wedge easily handled Chuck with little issue
-Spent about an hour and a half doing Voltorb Flip so I could get the TMs for Thunderbolt and Substitute (honestly that's the fastest I've gotten to 12,000 coins, so at least I'm lucky somewhere in this run)
-Taugh Bruce Thunderbolt and also Fire Blast
-Due to changing Pokemon and having to level one all the way from Level 1, I actually ended up having to do a bit of grinding outside of the Safari Zone
-Whilst grinding, Dmitri evolved into Espeon at Lv. 25, and my mom finally bought me a Moon Stone so I could evolve Robert into a Nidoking. Made hime a SubPuncher.
-When everyone was about Lv. 30, I could finally move on
-Jasmine wasn't that bad of a fight, iirc it was a team effort
-Pryce also wasn't terrible, Thunderbolt ftw :)

The Team:
Spr_4h_169.png

Wedge the Crobat ♂, Lv. 36
Ability: Inner Focus
-Air Cutter
-Confuse Ray
-Astonish
-Bite

Spr_4h_034.png

Robert the Nidoking ♂, Lv. 30
Ability: Rivalry
-Dig
-Horn Attack
-Substitute
-Focus Punch

Spr_4h_196.png

Dmitri the Espeon ♂, Lv. 29
Ability: Synchronize
-Tail Whip
-Shadow Ball
-Swift
-Sand-Attack

Spr_4h_090.png

Cooper the Shellder ♂, Lv. 30
Ability: Shell Armor
-Ice Shard
-Rock Blast
-Surf
-Protect

Spr_4h_109.png

Bruce the Koffing ♂, Lv. 33 @ Charcoal
Ability: Levitate
-Thunderbolt
-Fire Blast
-Selfdestruct
-Sludge

HM Slaves:
Kenya the Spearow: Fly
Sentret:Cut

Last edited:

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
Brown on Black 2, here we go!

♦ Started up the game and picked Snivy. Got the PokéDex, battled my rival, all of that good beginning stuff.
♦ Caught a Patrat, who was a temporary member of my team until I reached the Virbank Complex, where I caught Tupelo the Growlithe.
♦ After training him up a bit, I battled Roxie and won quite easily.
♦ Went to the Pokéstar Studios and later beat up Team Plasma. It was then time to sail to Castelia City.
♦ Went into the sewers, which apparently was Plasma's new hiding spot. After that, I went to the gym and battled the trainers. I tried fighting Burgh, but despite having a type advantage, I couldn't beat him.
♦ Decided to train up in the Castelia Park, and caught a Lopunny out of the shaking grass to help me.
♦ With Lopunny on my side, I managed to pull off a victory.
♦ Went up to Route 4 and battled Colress, and he cleared the path for me. Also caught a Mandibuzz that I named Kaya.
♦ Trained Kaya and Tupelo up in and around the desert, and then continued to Nimbasa City.
♦ Took on Elesa and won without much effort, Tupelo was good here. I was surprised that Kaya was actually the one who won it for me.
♦ Trekked west to Driftveil City, and went even further to catch a Deerling. Named him Cherry, which is like the most unfitting name for a Deerling ever, but anyways...
♦ Since Cherry didn't have any Grass-moves yet, I had to use Tupelo and Kaya for Clay. Tupelo's intimidate really came in handy.
♦ Just participated in the PWT, and wrecked Plasma on their ship. Saved in Driftveil.

I'm gonna sign up for my next challenge right now, since I've been playing that and this at the same time. I get bored of Unova easily. I'm gonna do Blue on Blue, SoulSilver, Emerald, Platinum and Black.

Team:
Spr_5b_058.png

Tupelo the Growlithe, Lv 35 (♂)
Item: Eviolite
Fire Fang, Flame Burst, Retaliate, Flamethrower

Spr_5b_630.png

Kaya the Mandibuzz, Lv 33 (♀)
Item: None
Pluck, Nasty Plot, Fly, Faint Attack

Spr_5b_585.png

Cherry the Deerling, Lv 32 (♂)
Leech Seed, Faint Attack, Energy Ball, Jump Kick

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update on Ultimate Monocolor Challenge (Green).

Final Update (#2) on White 2.
  • Went to the Strange House and got the Lunar Wing, then headed through Reversal Mountain to Undella Town.
  • Defeated Hugh without much trouble, then went directly to Lacunosa Town, where I defeated Zinzolin alongside Hugh.
  • Moved on to Opelucid City and Route 9, where I went shopping for vitamins and stuff.
  • Did a little EV training, then took on the Opelucid Gym. Drake was easy after Majesty set up Coil + Leech Seed on Druddigon.
  • Went and caught Zelle the Virizion since I now had 7 badges, then beat all the trainers I skipped earlier.
  • Watched Team Plasma freeze Opelucid City, then defeated Zinzolin easily with Zelle.
  • Made my way to Humilau City, where I defeated Marlon without much difficult thanks to my Grass-types.
  • Went to Route 22 and got the Colress Machine, then headed through Seaside Cave to Team Plasma's ship.
  • Pieced together the code with clues from various members of Team Plasma, then defeated Zinzolin again with Hugh's help.
  • The ship flew off, and I followed it to the Giant Chasm after depositing my Surf slave.
  • Got on the ship for the final time, and after solving the puzzle, was able to defeat Zinzolin and Colress without much trouble.
  • Followed Ghetsis into the recesses of the Giant Chasm, where I defeated White Kyurem, then took him on.
  • Amazingly, Dryad was able to solo him with Swords Dance + her array of super effective moves.
  • Went to Victory Road, where I caught my final team member, Iron Giant the Golurk.
  • Fed it some vitamins, and EV trained my team, then made my way through Victory Road without Dryad as I needed a Surf slave :(.
  • Defeated Hugh at the end, and we were through to the Pokemon League.
  • After finalizing movesets and EVs, I got everyone to L62, and then the Elite Four was finally up.
  • Took on Marshall first, who was handled by Limey, Iron Giant, and Dryad.
  • Next was Grimsley, who was defeated by a combination of Compactor, Dryad, Majesty, and Iron Giant.
  • Caitlin was taken out by Iron Giant, Dryad, and Majesty.
  • Shauntal took a couple tries, but was eventually defeated by just Limey and Compactor.
  • Finally the Champion, Iris, was up. Here's a video and play-by-play of the battle:

Video:
    Spoiler:

Screens:
Spoiler:

Hall of Fame:
Spoiler:

Team Green (Final):
640.gif

Zelle the Serious Virizion - L63 @ Sitrus Berry (poof!)
Ability: Justified
Moves: Sacred Sword, Bounce, Giga Drain, Swords Dance
Final Stats: 216/146/109/149/178/169
Iris MVP
497_2.gif

Majesty the Quirky Serperior, ♀ - L63 @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Overgrow
Moves: Leaf Blade, Aqua Tail, Return, Coil
Final Stats: 202/146/151/114/136/182
Unova MVP
623.gif

Iron Giant the Relaxed Golurk - L63 @ Soft Sand
Ability: Iron Fist
Moves: Earthquake, Ice Punch, Shadow Punch, Drain Punch
Final Stats: 229/202/128/87/119/74
470.gif

Dryad the Naive Leafeon , ♀ - L63 @ Shell Bell
Ability: Leaf Guard
Moves: Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, Dig, Swords Dance
Final Stats: 168/195/190/100/91/158
Ghetsis MVP
569.gif

Compactor the Gentle Garbador, ♂ - L63 @ Black Sludge
Ability: Stench
Moves: Gunk Shot, Seed Bomb, Drain Punch, Toxic Spikes
Final Stats: 210/169/112/95/150/125
579.gif

Limey the Serious Reuniclus, ♂ - L63 @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Moves: Psychic, Energy Ball, Thunder, Shadow Ball
Final Stats: 254/96/119/202/129/60
Elite Four MVP

HM Slaves:
054.gif

Psyduck - Flash, Strength, Surf, Waterfall [boxed]

I am doing my next ultimate with the color Yellow, on LeafGreen, HeartGold, Emerald, Platinum, and White 2.

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
Finally, Brown is done.

♦ Continued from the PWT to Mistralton City through Chargestone Cave. Picked up my final team member before though, since Cheren had given me Surf. It was a Buizel that I named Ramin.
♦ Climbed the Celestial Tower and took on the gym. Skyla wasn't difficult, Tupelo and Kaya brought her down.
♦ Got a ride to Lentimas Town, went through a mountain with Bianca, and ended up in Undella Town.
♦ Battled my rival and continued to Opelucid City.
♦ Ramin had Ice Fang, so he did all the work in the gym, and destroyed it quite easily.
♦ Plasma interfered in everyone's business, so I took them down and went to Humilau City, since they fled there. I also took down the gym while I was there. Piece of cake with Cherry. Sounds delicious
♦ Defeated Ghetsis in the Giant Chasm, and was finally able to go to the Pokémon League through Victory Road.
♦ Shauntal and Caitlin got swept by Kaya.
♦ Grimsley and Marshal required a team effort to take down.
♦ Iris wasn't difficult at all. Her Lapras did cause some trouble, but nothing major.

Screen:
Spoiler:

Team:
Spr_5b2_059.png

Tupelo the Arcanine, Lv 61 (♂)
Item: Magnet
Thunder Fang, Crunch, Outrage, Flamethrower

Spr_5b_630.png

Kaya the Mandibuzz, Lv 63 (♀)
Item: Scope Lens
Air Slash, Nasty Plot, Fly, Dark Pulse

Spr_5b_586.png

Cherry the Sawsbuck, Lv 60 (♂)
Item: Miracle Seed
Leech Seed, Return, Horn Leech, Jump Kick

Spr_5b_419_m.png

Ramin the Floatzel, Lv 61 (♂)
Item: Lucky Egg
Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Ice Fang, Return

Also, happy birthday Born This Way!

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2013
Username: Ramasca Color: Purple Game: Fire Red > Soul Silver > Emerald > Platinum > White 2 Ultimate: Yup!

I'll get started now =D

Username: Ramasca Color: Purple Game: Leaf Green > Soul Silver > Emerald > Platinum > White 2 Ultimate: Yup!

Last edited:

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
I already have both Kanto and Hoenn done for my Blue challenge, but I'll go in chronological order for the updates, so this will be Kanto.

♦ Picked Squirtle as my starter, named it Bioche. It was my only partner for way too long, until I got Surf in Fuchsia City. That was when I went south of Pallet Town and caught a Tangela that I named Tumen.
♦ I had skipped some stuff since Bioche was overleveled anyway, so Tumen took care of that and grew a couple of levels.
♦ Went to the Silph Co. and immediately went to pick up Lapras. Named it Navua.
♦ Exited and trained Navua up a bit, and then I started ransacking the building again.
♦ Fought Giovanni at the top, and then moved on to Cinnabar Island. Blaine was easy thanks to Bioche.
♦ With 7 badges in my possession, I went to the Seafoam Islands and caught Articuno. Named it Thyamis.
♦ The eighth gym was also easy, all of my Pokémon had supereffective hits on Giovanni's team.
♦ Battled my rival on my way to Victory Road, pulled off a victory, continued through the entire cave and ended up at the Indigo Plateau.
♦ All of the Elite Four members were taken down without much effort.
♦ The Champion was not difficult either. Video of the fight:
Spoiler:

Team:
Spr_1b_009.png

Bioche the Blastoise, Lv 55
Earthquake, Strength, Submission, Surf

Spr_1b_114.png

Tumen the Tangela, Lv 54
Body Slam, Sleep Powder, Mega Drain, Toxic

Spr_1b_131.png

Navua the Lapras, Lv 56
Surf, Psychic, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt

Spr_1b_144.png

Thyamis the Articuno, Lv 55
Sky Attack, Ice Beam, Fly, Take Down

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Start of Ultimate Yellow Monocolor Challenge.

Final Update (#1) on LeafGreen.

Name: Sunny
Rival: Blue
Starter: Charmander

• Caught Spark the Pikachu and Stinger the Weedle in Viridian Forest, and evolved Stinger into Beedrill before Pewter.
  • Beat Brock without much trouble thanks to Poison Sting poisoning both Geodude and Onix.
  • Moved on through Mt. Moon and caught Spike the Sandshrew on Route 4, then beat Misty with Spark.
  • Did Nugget Road and saved Bill, then went down to Vermilion City.
  • Spike evolved into Sandslash on the S.S. Anne, then soloed Surge with Dig.
  • Caught Sleeper the Drowzee on Route 11, and after we went through Rock Tunnel, she evolved into Hypno!
  • Went to Celedon and beat Team Rocket and Giovanni under the Game Corner.
  • Bought a Thunderstone for Spark, and he evolved into Raichu!
  • Scaled the Pokemon Tower and saved Mr. Fuji to get the Poké Flute.
  • Went down to Fuschia City and got the Surf and Strength HMs, then defeated Koga.
  • Surfed on Vaporeon to Cinnbar Island and explored the Mansion, then beat Blaine.
  • Got a ride to the Sevii Islands from Bill, and I caught Spirit the Ponyta on Kindle Road.
  • Found Lostelle and delivered the Meteorite, and we went back to Cinnabar Island.
  • Went around defeating trainers I had skipped in my rush to Cinnabar, and Spirit evolved into Rapidash!
  • Defeated Sliph Co. and Giovanni to get the Master Ball, then defeated Sabrina as well.
  • Realized I had forgotten to fight Erika, so Spirit dominated her, and I now had 7 badges.
  • Went back to the Sevii Islands and made my way up to Mt. Ember, where I caught Pheonix the Moltres.
  • Flew to Viridian City and took on the gym there, with Spirit doing most of the work against Giovanni.
  • Defeated Blue on Route 22, then headed to Victory Road without Pheonix since I needed my Surfer.
  • After making it through Victory Road, I made sure everyone was at L51 and had their final movesets, then took on the Elite Four.
  • Lorelei was soloed by Spark's Thunderbolt, with 2 Mega Kicks for Jynx.
  • Bruno was double teamed by Spike and Sleeper.
  • Agatha was pretty much soloed by Sleeper's Calm Mind + Psychic.
  • Lance was a really tough fight, requiring almost every member to participate.
  • Finally it was time for the Champion, Blue. Here a video and play-by-play of the troublesome fight:

Video:
    Spoiler:

Screens:
Spoiler:

Hall of Fame:
ultyellowkantohof.png
ultyellowkantochamp.png

Team Sunny (Final):
Spr_3f_026.png

Spark the Docile Raichu, ♀ - L53 @ Black Belt
Ability: Static
Moves: Thunderbolt, Focus Punch, Mega Kick, Thunder Wave
Final Stats: 139/107/80/131/100/129
Elite Four co-MVP, Blue co-MVP
Spr_3f_028.png

Spike the Bashful Sandslash, ♀ - L51 @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
Moves: Strength, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Brick Break
Final Stats: 161/136/140/62/66/85
Kanto MVP
Spr_3f_078.png

Spirit the Quiet Rapidash, ♀ - L51 @ Sitrus Berry (poof!)
Ability: Flash Fire
Moves: Fire Blast, SolarBeam, Bounce, Sunny Day
Final Stats: 130/121/84/126/100/108
Spr_3f_097.png

Sleeper the Lax Hypno, ♀ - L54 @ Quick Claw
Ability: Insomnia
Moves: Psychic, Hypnosis, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind
Final Stats: 163/97/113/114/120/93
Elite Four co-MVP, Blue co-MVP
Spr_3f_146.png

Pheonix the Calm Moltres - L51 @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Flamethrower, Overheat, Fly, Agility
Final Stats: 168/99/102/161/114/109
Spr_3f_015.png

Stinger the Jolly Beedrill, ♂ - L51 @ Black Belt
Ability: Swarm
Moves: Twineedle, Brick Break, Return, Toxic
Final Stats: 145/116/65/47/108/113

HM Slaves:
Spr_3f_083.png

Ch'Ding - Cut, Fly [boxed]
Spr_3r_134.png

Vaporeon - Surf [boxed]

Last edited:

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
Update for SoulSilver!

♦ Picked Totodile as my starter, named him Dinder.
♦ Went up to Mr. Pokémon's house and got a call from Prof. Elm, so I rushed back to his lab to see what was going on.
♦ Cleared up everything there, and then continued my adventure.
♦ Just under Violet City, I caught a Hoppip that I named Radika.
♦ Trained both of my members up in the Sprout Tower, and then took on the gym. Falkner went down easily thanks to PoisonPowder.
♦ Trekked to Union Cave, went through it and both Radika and Dinder evolved!
♦ Reached Azalea Town, and helped Kurt fight Team Rocket in the Slowpoke Well.
♦ Challenged the gym, Scyther was powerful but eventually fell to Dinder. The rest was a piece of cake.
♦ On my way to Ilex Forest, I battled my rival and won. Chased around some Farfetch'd in the forest and got Cut as my reward.
♦ Taught Headbutt to Radika, and went back to Azalea to catch a Heracross in the Headbutt trees there. Caught one and named her Tekeze.
♦ Trained her up on my way to Goldenrod City, and above it as well. While doing so, I encountered a Nidoran♀ whom I caught and named Gelevara.
♦ Since Gelevara had Double Kick, she was useful in the gym. She also evolved in there!
♦ With Double Kick on Gelevara and Brick Break on Tekeze, this was the easiest fight against Whitney I've ever had.
♦ Moved on to Ecruteak City, went to the Burnt Tower and defeated my rival as well as encounter Suicune.
♦ Morty and his gym trainers were really easy as well, I had Bite on Dinder and Gelevara, and I had recently taught Shadow Claw to Tekeze.
♦ In Olivine City, I climbed the Lighthouse and was told to go to Cianwood City to get medicine for Jasmine's sick Ampharos.
♦ Picked up the Good Rod in some house and backtracked to New Bark Town. Fished up a Chinchou that I named Alazani.
♦ Taught her Surf, and decided to train everyone up to Lv 30 before continuing any further. This means that Dinder, Radika and Alazani all evolved!
♦ Surfed to Cianwood City and battled Chuck. Tekeze's Aerial Ace worked wonders here.
♦ Got the medicine, surfed back to Olivine, gave Jasmine the medicine and then crushed her in the gym.
♦ Went left of Ecruteak to Mahogany Town, and helped Lance out in the Rocket Hideout.
♦ Took on the gym, which was beaten by Dinder, Tekeze and Alazani.
♦ Right after I left the gym, Elm called and asked me to investigate the Radio Tower in Goldenrod.
♦ Flew there and found out that Rocket was at it again, so I smacked grunts left and right until every last one was done for.
♦ This granted me access to Blackthorn City, so I went there and beat Clair in the gym with Dinder's Ice Fang and Radika's status moves.
♦ Clair refused to give me the badge, so I had to go to the Dragon's Den and prove myself worthy of it.
♦ Took the test and passed, and Clair gave me the TM for Dragon Pulse. When I left, both Prof. Elm and mom called. Mom was more important in this case, since she had bought a Moon Stone for me. Picked it up and evolved Gelevara with it!
♦ Elm wanted me to go and see the Kimono Girls, so I went to the Dance Theater in Ecruteak and defeated them one by one. They then wanted me to come to the Whirl Islands, so that's what I did.
♦ Summoned Lugia from the depths, and KO'd it.
♦ Cleared out the final stretch left of New Bark before the Pokémon League. Also battled my rival in Victory Road.
♦ Did some moveset finalizing, and then took on the Pokémon League!
♦ Will wasn't hard, but required the whole team's help.
♦ Koga was a bit tricky with his Double Teaming and poisoning, but he was eventually taken down. Managed to get a pretty sweet 1 HP ending with Gelevara.
♦ Bruno was really easy, despite his Pokémon landing some hard hits.
♦ Karen was surprisingly easy as well, although she did try to outsmart me by switching out.
♦ Lance was up next, and he did put up a fight. In the end I was the winner, thanks to my team.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
Spr_4h_160.png

Dinder the Feraligatr, Lv 44 (♂)
Item: NeverMeltIce
Strength, Crunch, Waterfall, Ice Fang

Spr_4h_189.png

Radika the Jumpluff, Lv 41 (♂)
Item: Silk Scarf
PoisonPowder, Leech Seed, U-Turn, Headbutt

Spr_4h_214_f.png

Tekeze the Heracross, Lv 40 (♀)
Aerial Ace, Shadow Claw, Close Combat, Brick Break

Spr_4h_031.png

Gelevara the Nidoqueen, Lv 41 (♀)
Item: Quick Claw
Sludge Bomb, Shadow Ball, Dragon Pulse, Double Kick

Spr_4h_171.png

Alazani the Lanturn, Lv 41 (♀)
Item: Amulet Coin
Surf, Whirlpool, Signal Beam, Discharge

Ramsie

Currently in Unova
Years
Username: Ramsie
Color: Blue
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s):LG, SS, Sapphire, Pearl, and Black

I will be starting my challenge later today.

EDIT: Challenge started.
  • Started challenge, named myself Bleue and my rival RED
  • Chose Tortue the Squirtle as my starter
  • Beat RED in a battle
  • Delivered Oak's Parcel and got the Pokedex
  • Beat RED again on Route 22
  • While training in Virdian Forest, Tortue was poisoned and I ran out of Potions and Antidotes so we whited out as soon as I got to Virdian City
  • Bought more Potions and Antidotes
  • Made it through Virdian Forest
  • Took on Brock's gym and won with Tortue's Water Gun. He only took two damage the entire gym.
  • Tortue evovled into Wartortle
  • Caught Perceuse the Nidoran F at Lv.7
  • Currently training Perceuse on Route 3

Team:
Tortue the Wartortle Lv. 18
Perceuse the Nidoran F Lv. 8

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update on Ultimate Monocolor Challenge (Yellow).

Update #1 on HeartGold.

Name: Sunny
Rival: Silver
Starter: Cyndaquil

• Started with Vulcan the Cyndaquil, then did the Mystery Egg quest.
  • After getting Pokeballs, I caught Drillbit the Dunsparce in Dark Cave after an hour of searching.
  • Drillbit took care of Sprout Tower, then Vulcan defeated Falkner.
  • On the way to Union Cave, Vulcan evolved into Quilava!
  • Caught Spike the Sandshrew in Union Cave, and went through to Azalea Town.
  • Followed Kurt into the Slowpoke Well and defeated Proton and Team Rocket.
  • Took on the gym and defeated Bugsy with Spike's Rock Tomb.
  • Went through Ilex Forest, teaching everone Headbutt along the way.
  • Got to Goldenrod City, then used Headbut on Route 34 until I found a good tree, and out came Palmer the Exeggcute!
  • Played a lot of Voltorb Flip (DeSmuMe savestates are really useful here) and got around 40000 coins.
  • Bought 2 Thunderbolt TMs, a Flamethrower TM for Vulcan, and a Swords Dance TM, as well as all the held items.
  • Beat all the trainers around the city that I could find, then challenged Whitney.
  • Drillbit was able to para-flinch his way to victory with Glare and Headbutt.
  • Rushed up to Ecruteak City, got Dana's phone number, then went straight back to Goldenrod to get Shock the Eevee from Bill.
  • After a ton of calls from Ethan (so annoying) I finally got one from Dana and got a Thunderstone.
  • Used it on Shock, and he evolved into Jolteon! Then I taught him Thunderbolt.
  • Went back to Ecruteak, training up Shock on the way, then went into the Burned Tower.
  • Defeated Silver and released the legendary beasts, then took on the gym.
  • Shock was really good with Thunderbolt here, and he ended up soloing Morty easily thanks to Flash making Gengar miss everything.
  • Made my way to Olivine City, and Spike evolved into Sandslash!
  • Surfed on Sentret to Cianwood City, and defeated Eusine on the north side.
  • Challenged the gym, and Drillbit was able to solo Chuck with some more para-flinching and avoiding Focus Punch.
  • Healed Amphy in Glitter Lighthouse, then crushed Jasmine with Vulcan's Flamethrower.
  • Did some Surf exploring of Union Cave to raise my team a little more, then headed to Mahogany Town.
  • Went to Lake of Rage and killed the Red Gyarados, then infiltrated the Rocket Hideout with Lance.
  • Eventually defeated Petrel and Ariana to clear out Team Rocket.
  • Took on the gym, and Pryce required a team effort to defeat.
  • Got the call from Elm about the Radio Tower, and now that I had 7 badges, it was time to go Raikou hunting.
  • First I went to Dark Cave to catch a Wobbuffet to trap it, then was able to catch Raikou with a Fast Ball after only a few encounters!
  • Saved the game in the Radio Tower after getting to the second floor.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Sunny:
Spr_4h_156.png

Vulcan the Quirky Quilava, ♂ - L32 @ Charcoal
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Ember, Flamethrower, Swift, Quick Attack
Spr_4h_028.png

Spike the Impish Sandslash, ♀ - L32 @ Silk Scarf
Moves: Strength, Dig, Fury Cutter, Rollout
Spr_4h_102.png

Palmer the Calm Exeggcute, ♂ - L31 @ Metronome
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves: Confusion, SolarBeam, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed
Spr_4h_135.png

Shock the Gentle Jolteon, ♂ - L32 @ Shell Bell
Ability: Volt Absorb
Moves: Thundershock, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Flash
Spr_4h_206.png

Drillbit the Impish Dunsparce, ♂ - L32 @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves: Headbutt, Rollout, Rock Smash, Glare
Spr_4h_243.png

Sabretooth the Bashful Raikou - L40 [boxed]
Moves: Roar, Quick Attack, Spark, Reflect

HM Slaves:
Spr_4h_161.png

Sentret - Cut, Surf [boxed]
Spr_4h_083.png

Farfetch'd - Cut, Fly [in party]

Years
RED MONO-COLOUR (Brown) UPDATE

- Chose Charmander as my starter.
- Done the parcel quest, went back to Viridian, and bought Pokéballs.
- Caught Wing the level 3 Pidgey in Route 1. Released Charmander.
- Caught Biter the level 3 Rattata in Route 1.
- Caught Pecka the level 5 Spearow in Route 22.
- Trained my Pokémon. Biter level 10, Wing level 10, Pecka level 9.
- Biter easily defeated my Rival without any help.
- Trained. Biter level 13, Wing level 11.
- Faced and defeated Brock, thanks to Wing's Sand Attack.
- Trained on my way to Cerulean. Biter level 22 and evolved into Raticate, Wing level 20 and evolved into Pidgeotto, Pecka level 17.
- Biter easily defeated my Rival's Pokémon on his own.
- Trained on may way to meet Bill. Biter level 24, Wing level 23, Pecka level 23 and evolved into Fearow.
- Biter breezed through the Cerulean Gym with his Hyper Fang.
- Travelled to Vermillion City and trained on the S.S. Anne. Biter level 30, Wing level 27, Pecka level 26.
- Caught a level 14 Oddish (HM SLAVE FOR CUT)
- Pecka and Wing were able to defeat the Vermillion Gym Trainers, and Biter took out Lt. Surge with his Hyper Fang.
- Trained through Routes 9, 10 and Rock Tunnel (without Flash). Biter level 34, Wing level 29, Pecka level 29.
- Currently in Lavender Town, about to head towards Celadon.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update on Ultimate Monocolor Challenge (Yellow).

Update #2 on HeartGold.

• Defeated Petrel in the Director's office, then went to the Basement Warehouse, defeated Silver, and got the Card Key.
  • Defeated Proton, Ariana, and Archer in short order to eradicate Team Rocket from the Pokémon world.
  • Went through the Ice Path to Blackthorn City, and while training on Route 45, Vulcan evolved into Typhlosion!
  • Took on the gym and defeated Clair without too much trouble, then took the quiz in the Dragon's Den to get the badge.
  • Got the Master Ball from Elm, then went to Ecruteak City to defeat the Kimono Girls, who were tough as always.
  • Climbed the Bell Tower and Master Balled Ho-oh, then visited the secret room in the Ruins of Alph.
  • Surfed from New Bark Town through the Tohjo Falls, then made my way to Victory Road.
  • Picked up the Earthquake TM for Spike, then defeated Silver at the end, and we arrived at Indigo Plateau.
  • Finally Gina called with a Leaf Stone, so I grabbed it and evolved Planter into Exeggutor!
  • Took on the Elite Four.
  • Will was soloed by Joteon's Charge Beam and Shadow Ball combo.
  • Koga was a team effort for the most part.
  • Bruno was defeated mostly by Spike, who used Swords Dance + Earthquake.
  • Karen was another team effort, her Houndoom was a major pain.
  • Finally Lance was up. He was really tough too, but after Shock dispatched Gyarados with a couple Charge Beams, Spike was able to defeat all his Dragonite with Rollout (Choice Scarf!), and Sabretooth finished against Charizard and Aerodactyl with Thunderbolt.
  • Off to Kanto now!
Screens:
Spoiler:

Hall of Fame:

ultyellowjohtohof.png

Team Sunny:
Spr_4h_135.png

Shock the Gentle Jolteon, ♂ - L42 @ Magnet
Ability: Volt Absorb
Moves: Charge Beam, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Flash
Spr_4h_206.png

Drillbit the Impish Dunsparce, ♂ - L41 @ Amulet Coin
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves: Headbutt, Rollout, Rock Smash, Glare
Spr_4h_243.png

Sabretooth the Bashful Raikou - L41 @ Choice Specs
Moves: Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Spark, Reflect
Spr_4h_028.png

Spike the Impish Sandslash, ♀ - L44 @ Choice Scarf
Moves: Strength, Earthquake, Swords Dance, Rollout
Spr_4h_157.png

Vulcan the Quirky Typhlosion, ♂ - L40 @ Charcoal
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Focus Blast, Flamethrower, Swift, Quick Attack
Spr_4h_103.png

Palmer the Calm Exeggutor, ♂ - L40 @ TwistedSpoon
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves: Confusion, SolarBeam, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed

HM Slaves:
Spr_4h_083.png

Farfetch'd - Cut, Fly [boxed]
Spr_4h_194_m.png

Wooper - Surf, Whirlpool, Waterfall, Rock Smash [boxed]

Last edited:

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
♦ My first order of business in Kanto was to get a Lucky Egg. It took a while, despite having a Butterfree with Compoundeyes.
♦ When I snatched one, I began my journey in Kanto.
♦ After clearing all the gyms, Prof. Oak called and granted me access to Mt. Silver.
♦ Before going there, I trained my team up to Lv. 65 with the help of the Lucky Egg and gym leader rematches.
♦ Took a photo on my way there, and then got Snorlax to Rock Climb all the way up to Red.
♦ Red was fairly difficult, luckily I had stocked up on potions and revives, which saved me from losing.

Like I said, I already have Hoenn completed, but I don't really remember anything of it so it'll most likely be a pretty bad update...

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
Spr_4h_160.png

Dinder the Feraligatr, Lv 65 (♂)
Item: NeverMeltIce
Crunch, Waterfall, Ice Fang, Superpower

Spr_4h_189.png

Radika the Jumpluff, Lv 65 (♂)
Item: Rose Incense
PoisonPowder, Leech Seed, Giga Drain, Headbutt

Spr_4h_214_f.png

Tekeze the Heracross, Lv 66 (♀)
Item: Metronome
Megahorn, Shadow Claw, Swords Dance, Brick Break

Spr_4h_031.png

Gelevara the Nidoqueen, Lv 65 (♀)
Item: Leftovers
Sludge Bomb, Earth Power, Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower

Spr_4h_171.png

Alazani the Lanturn, Lv 65 (♀)
Item: Quick Claw
Surf, Signal Beam, Discharge, Blizzard

Ramsie

Currently in Unova
Years
Update #2: Blue Kanto
  • While training, Perceuse evolved.
  • Made it through Mt. Moon with no problem
  • Took on Misty's gym with no problem. Got the Cascade Badge!
  • Took on RED with some difficultly due to Ivysaur
  • Helped Bill so he was no longer a Pokemon
  • Got the Dig TM from the Rocket Grunt
  • Arrived in Vermillion City and boarded the SS Anne
  • Fought RED again where he was significantly less annoying
  • Took on Lt. Surge with no problem and got the Thunder Badge!
  • Got the Flash HM from Prof. Oak's Aid
  • Made it through Rock Tunnel with no problem
  • Arrived in Lavender Town and promptly left.
  • Arrived in Celadon City
  • Got Bulles the Eevee who promptly evolved into a Vaporeon
  • Took on Erika and won with some difficulty, but eventually got the Rainbow Badge
  • Then went to shut down the Rocket Game Corner
  • Fought Giovanni and won with some difficulty.
  • Got the Silph Scope
  • Went back to Lavender Town and fought RED again.
  • Made it to the top of Pokemon Tower and found Mr. Fuji and got the PokeFlute
  • Made it through Routes 12-15; also awoke and defeated the Snorlax.
  • En route to Fuchsia City, Tortue evolved!
  • Caught Draco the Dratini in the Safari Zone and decided not to use it.
  • Flew to Saffron City and fought RED and won.
  • Got Voyageur the Lapras

Currently: Training Voyageur all over Kanto.

Team:
Voyageur Lv.25
Perceuse Lv.36
Bulles Lv.37
TortueLv.37

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
Like I said, I don't really remember anything of the Blue run on Emerald, but here goes:

♦ Picked Mudkip as my starter and named him Pamisos. Caught Cesano the Taillow shortly after.
♦ After beating Roxanne, I caught a Whismur that I named Gauja.
♦ Gauja wasn't used that much in the beginning, due to Brawly and Wattson. After having evolved, it became quite useful though.
♦ Most of Hoenn was taken down by this trio, my next team member wasn't until Mt. Pyre. It was a Chimecho that I named Nemunas.
♦ Nemunas was helpful against Tate & Liza, since it resists Psychic-moves. They still managed to put up a fight, but Pamisos could deal out some pretty hard damage with Surf and Ice Beam.
♦ After beating them, I went down in the depths and caught a Clamperl that I named Aragvi.
♦ Using an evo editor, Aragvi evolved into Huntail!
♦ I took care of the rest of Hoenn and then challenged the Pokémon League. I remember using some healing items here and there, so it was probably a bit difficult.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
Spr_3e_260.gif

Pamisos the Swampert, Lv 54 (♂)
Item: Soft Sand
Surf, Muddy Water, Earthquake, Ice Beam

Spr_3e_277.gif

Cesano the Swellow, Lv 52 (♂)
Aerial Ace, Fly, Steel Wing, Endeavor

Spr_3e_295.gif

Gauja the Exploud, Lv 54 (♂)
Toxic, Hyper Beam, Shadow Ball, Brick Break

Spr_3e_358.gif

Nemunas the Chimecho, Lv 52 (♂)
Item: Lax Incense
Psychic, Shock Wave, Double-Edge, Yawn

Spr_3e_367.gif

Aragvi the Huntail, Lv 53 (♂)
Item: BlackGlasses
Crunch, Waterfall, Rock Tomb, Hydro Pump

Ramsie

Currently in Unova
Years
  • Trained Voyageur up to the same levels as the rest of the team
  • Beat Koga and got the Soul Badge
  • Went back to Saffron City and saved the Silph Co.
  • Took on Sabrina and won.
  • Surfed to Cinnabar through the Seafoam Island
  • Took on Blaine and won.
  • Did the Sevii Island subquest
  • Took on Giovanni and won
  • Beat RED again
  • Made it through Victory Road
  • Evolved Perceuse
  • Successfully beat the Elite 4 and RED after many attempts.

And with that I am done with Kanto!
Final team:
Voyageur/Lapras Lv.61
Tortue/Blastoise Lv.55
Bulles/Vaporeon Lv.55
Perceuse/Nidoqueen Lv.55

Onto Johto!

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
I'm going to try this out.

Username: PekoponTAS
Colour: Yellow
Challenge: Ultimate
Games: FiredRed, Gold, Sapphire, Pearl, White 2

I've already started my challenge on FireRed.

Edit: Update on my quest.
Chapter 1: The Bee's knees!

1) Picked Squirtle as my starter so the rival (Ronald) would have Bulbasaur.
2) Caught a male Weedle with a Careful Nature, and named it "Bumble Jab".
3) While training Bumble Jab in Viridian Forest, I captured a lv 5 male Pikachu, and named it "Basil" (Great Mouse Detective reference)
4) Had Basil help out Bumble Jab in his training until it evolved into Kakuna and learned Harden
5) Dropped Basil from my party, and went off to Viridian Forest with just Bumble Jab.
6) Very slowly fought the trainers in Viridian Forest with Bumble Jab until he evolved into Beedrill and learned Fury Attack.
7) Lost against the first trainer in Brock's gym due to Poison Sting not poisoning Sandshrew fast enough. Sandshrew landed a bunch of Sand Attacks that ended poor Bumble Jab.
8) Re-fought that kid and won.
9) Took on Brock with only a level 12 Beedrill and won first try. If you're curious of the strategy, I will tell you how I beat him in the spoiler tag below.
Spoiler:

10) Very slowly crawled my way through Mt. Moon, collecting items and leveling up along the way
11) Left Mt. Moon at level 20, having just learned Twinneedle
12) After having fought the Cerulean Gym trainers and using the rare candies I had collected, I took on Misty with my Level 23 Bumble Jab, and easily won by spamming twinneedle.
Spoiler:

Edit: Update #2!
Chapter 2: Kitty's Quest

• Beat up Ronald with Bumble Jab, fought my way across Nugget Bridge, and rescued Bill.
  • Beat up Team Rocket and obtained the Dig TM.
  • Traversed across the underground passage and caught my second party member which is a Modest natured Meowth named "Greedy Cat".
  • Taught Greedy Cat Water Pulse and Dig right away, and began the long, agonizing quest to get him to evolve before I fought Surge.
  • Boarded the S.S Anne and spent a really long time fighting annoying trainers with frustrating moves like Supersonic, Smokescreen, Roar, and Thunder Wave.
  • Obtained the Brick Break TM and immediately used it on Bumble Jab. Now Bumble Jab is starting to become a powerful ally!
  • Beat up Ronald yet again, (who actually got invited to the party, that jerkface) got the Cut HM, and had Bumble Jab drill holes in the bottom of the boat so all those annoying trainers died horribly by the time the ship got out to sea. Good thing I'm not playing Yellow, or Officer Jenny would have seen me do that. >__>
  • Went to Diglett Tunnel to attempt to level grind Greedy Cat, and instantly got killed by a Magnitude 10. Hang in there kitty. : (
  • Went out of my way to get the Aerial Ace TM, and taught it to Bumble Jab. Now I never have to use Fury Attack ever again!
  • After much time and frustration, Greedy Cat finally evolves into Persian!
  • I catch a Spearow to trade for a Farfetch'd, which will be my Cut/Fly slave.
  • Surge gets pulverized by Greedy Cat with a combination of Dig and Faint Attack. It was one sided from the start. It was a cat vs mice and a bouncy ball.
  • Taught Greedy Cat Shock Wave

Edit: Update #3
Chapter 3: The Road to Electabuzz

• Went through Rock Tunnel without flash like a boss. Dodged trainers in there since I hate Rock Tunnel and wanted to get through it quickly
  • Bumble Jab destroyed everything in Erika's Gym
  • Spent all my money AND grinded the slots for a Shadow Ball TM to use on Greedy Cat.
  • Took the Silph Scope back from Giovanni and put a stop to his plan to start a shady medium business. (seriously, what the heck did Giovanni need the Silph Scope for?)
  • Greedy Cat beat up all of Ronald's Pokemon except Ivysaur, which Bumble Jab killed in one hit.
  • Greedy Cat beat up a bunch of dead creatures by hurling a bouncy ball at them.
  • Beat up Team Rocket, (again) rescued Mr. Fuji, and obtained the Pokeflute.
  • Caught the Snorlax blocking the path to Cycling Road to use as a Surf/Strength slave. Named him "Bearlax"
  • Had Greedy Cat beat up all of the trainer goons in Fushia gym.
  • Got my butt royally kicked twice by Koga. Had to go level up some more.
  • After fighting trainers and feeding rare candies, I fought Koga again, and still just BARELY won.
  • Got Surf and the Gold Teeth at the Safari Zone
  • Taught surf to Snorlax, and arrived at the Power Plant.
  • At long last! A Wild Electabuzz appeared! It knocked out Greedy Cat, and was just about to knock out Bumble Jab when I luckily managed to catch it! Level 35, Quiet nature, named it "Buzzkill"
  • Immediately taught it Psychic.

And now you're caught up to where I left off!

Last edited:
Years
Pokémon Red Monocolour(Brown) Update #2:
Spoiler:

Back