• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Lillie a disappointment?

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
No she isn't; now Serena and the entire XY series, THAT was a disappointment.

Even Serena and XY were ultimately a LOT better than May and AG were, however. Unlike May, Serena at least didn't act like a hypocrite by hating on Pok?mon despite her literal job requiring her to interact with Pok?mon for a prolonged period of time, and XY at least had Ash actually increasing in rank from the previous time, unlike in AG, where he stayed at the exact same rank as before, and even his one major accomplishment in AG, winning the battle frontier, ended up being treated like a complete joke in DP.

But yeah, Lillie isn't a disappointment by any stretch, especially right now.

Years
Even Serena and XY were ultimately a LOT better than May and AG were, however. Unlike May, Serena at least didn't act like a hypocrite by hating on Pok?mon despite her literal job requiring her to interact with Pok?mon for a prolonged period of time, and XY at least had Ash actually increasing in rank from the previous time, unlike in AG, where he stayed at the exact same rank as before, and even his one major accomplishment in AG, winning the battle frontier, ended up being treated like a complete joke in DP.

But yeah, Lillie isn't a disappointment by any stretch, especially right now.

We get it, it's clear you don't like May. There is no reason to post if you post again and again the same thing. This is the fourth time you make the same post in this thread and I really don't see a reason for this to be honest.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
We get it, it's clear you don't like May. There is no reason to post if you post again and again the same thing. This is the fourth time you make the same post in this thread and I really don't see a reason for this to be honest.

Simple. The topic asks if Lillie is a disappointment, and quite frankly, she isn't. And I cited May to showcase what an ACTUAL disappointment would look like (and for the record, even if I DID like May, I'd STILL list her as a massive disappointment precisely because of how they handled her).

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019

With all the respect, this thread concerns Lillie and he replied to a comment that was bashing XY's cast, which has nothing to do with Lillie . So his actions were fair in that regard.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 8, 2017
No she isn't; now Serena and the entire XY series, THAT was a disappointment.

Really? Serena was a brilliant character though. I always see everyone complain about them being 10, so what's more ten than having no idea what your dreams are? What's more ten than having a crush on someone who gave you a reason to smile when you were at your lowest? I normally don't bother with these things but Serena's emotional growth started from episode 1 when Fletchling woke her up until XYZ 47 when she kissed Ash and left. NO pokegirl was a disappointment as well but they all had their merits and some were more well rounded than others. Assuming you watched XY/XYZ, you do know why she left home right? Hint hint, it was not to only meet Ash.

This isn't about Serena though so I'd agree with you and say Lillie is a character with so much potential and they're finally going to explore it properly.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
Lillie getting slowly better and ep 44 shows that.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
Lillie was never consider to be a disappointment in the first place. She has been getting character development since she became a Pokemon trainer, and the SM EP 44 have given her even more character development now that her mom finally appear in person. She will get more character development in the upcoming episodes aswell.

The only female characters that were a disappointment in the anime were May and Dawn, non of them were handled that well as female lead characters, they just didn't have a lot of personality.

kuzronk

Banned
Years
I haven't seen every episode but based on the episodes I seen it was fairy strong of a character. Her autistic like fear of Pokemon for example which she overcame.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
For me, since Lusamine arrived on the scene she's now anything but a disappointment.

Before there was not a lot of stuff going for her outside being adorable but since her mother brings out a whole new side to her she's become way more interesting, not to mention Faba's hinting at Lillie's memories being connected to him and why he doesn't want her memories to return.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
She's slowly getting better, so for now only time will tell.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
To me, the girls who have been "disappointments" were the ones based on player characters -- May, Dawn, and Serena. After three tries, it's become plainly obvious that the show is incapable of doing anything with characters based on female protagonists besides sticking them in contests and making them cutesy, fanservicey beauty queens. This is exactly why I'm glad Moon isn't in SM, and why I don't want to see female player characters be made into traveling companions ever again.

From what I've seen and read, Lillie has a lot of potential, especially now that Lusamine has showed up. I think she could turn out to be one of the most interesting female leads, especially given the game counterpart she's based on.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Like Iris and Serena, Lillie has been a constant disappointment to the show. She doesn't have a purpose especially as Ash is looking after Cosmog. I don't consider her a main female character at all. Especially as she is not an actual trainer as far as i can tell.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
Like Iris and Serena, Lillie has been a constant disappointment to the show. She doesn't have a purpose especially as Ash is looking after Cosmog. I don't consider her a main female character at all. Especially as she is not an actual trainer as far as i can tell.

Really? Because now thats AF here and with Lusamine Lillie may have something going for her.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 8, 2017
Depends on what you count as purpose though isn't it. The show is not only about a goal, it's about their emotional growth as well which is something that Lillie is tackling which makes her more interesting than the others by far. Her story is going to be kicking into full gear now and her growth will be immense. Having a purpose does not matter in the grand scheme of it all while there are more darker stories at hand to delve into. Also she is a trainer, she battler with Shiron, she battled with Pikachu. She does what a trainer does.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Really? Because now thats AF here and with Lusamine Lillie may have something going for her.
I don't like her in both games and anime. Lillie is just a character that i can never like. Lillie won't improve in the anime, at least not for me.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
I don't like her in both games and anime. Lillie is just a character that i can never like. Lillie won't improve in the anime, at least not for me.

Maybe but I still think that Lillie may get more in the anime than in the games.

Back