• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Revamped Red Version

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
We are't talking about palettes, we're talking about tiles.

this is becoming freaking nonesense!
the main plot is to revamp red and blue version's tiles, not to change them into
b/w style.
and i dont care if people are intrested or not.
i am gonna ignore any more comments relating to this topic.

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
The original idea of updated gen1 graphics sounded interesting but whatever...

A remake of red has already been done by nintendo. I don't think putting new graphics is gonna save it ,because, frankly- remakes of nintendo games doesn't seem like a interesting idea.

I think this project lacks direction. what do you want it to be?

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
The original idea of updated gen1 graphics sounded interesting but whatever...

A remake of red has already been done by nintendo. I don't think putting new graphics is gonna save it ,because, frankly- remakes of nintendo games doesn't seem like a interesting idea.

I think this project lacks direction. what do you want it to be?
i wanted to revamp it (totally) with the sprites and tiles etc.
and replace new types of tiles on the poor ones.
even though it may look useless i want to complete it.

marcc5m

what
Years
this is becoming freaking nonesense!
the main plot is to revamp red and blue version's tiles, not to change them into
b/w style.
and i dont care if people are intrested or not.
i am gonna ignore any more comments relating to this topic.

Yes it is becoming freaking nonesense because you aren't listening to us.
Game Freak have already made a remake of Red.
It is called Pokemon FireRed.
This just seems completely useless imo, all it is is FireRed with tile errors and recoloured Red tiles. I could do everything you are doing in a few hours. Nobody wants to see FireRed with different tiles, if they did then there is a thread in the ROM hacking section for people to post ROM bases--most of which are exactly what you are doing, FireRed with different tiles.
This all really just seems like a waste of time tbh.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Yes it is becoming freaking nonesense because you aren't listening to us.
Game Freak have already made a remake of Red.
It is called Pokemon FireRed.
This just seems completely useless imo, all it is is FireRed with tile errors and recoloured Red tiles. I could do everything you are doing in a few hours. Nobody wants to see FireRed with different tiles, if they did then there is a thread in the ROM hacking section for people to post ROM bases--most of which are exactly what you are doing, FireRed with different tiles.
This all really just seems like a waste of time tbh.

you never know he might put new features in ...
It is up to him after all it's his time he's using up and he's game he's making.
after all if nintendo advertised a game you dont like. You wouldn't march up to them and say i dont like this game you shouldnt release it or do anything to it.

you would ignore it and let other people enjoy it.

So do so now.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
Lemme see..
Umm.. recolored tiles and.. the character from tebited15 at DA, Maybe one day, that project will be creative as well as Helio version, Blue chrome, and bla bla bla.

Hope you the best of the luck!

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
UPDATE:
NEW viridian tiles, it's not final version.
2q159iq.jpg

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
That new house could use alot of work.
Doesn't look revamped ... It looks like vendaturf tiles thrown in with gbc ones.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
Wow, sounds intresting! I love Red Version!

Maybe you can add some stuff to it, though. Mew under the truck? Cheat codes? Maybe a function where you can swap the tiles to the old style tiles? Firered might already exist, but still this has potential. You could do all kinds of things that Game Freak, for some reason, did not. And add extra content, like different islands, or what have you. :) It'll be AWESOME!

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Woo hey mustafa.

Also everyone if he used dppthgss tiles, wouldn't it be a 'poor' remake of hgss? Once all the tiles and sprites are completed I can see this has pretty unique and cool :)
Newer tiles =/= Better game.
Fireworks, go back to the hacking section

Also I think what your doing is a cool little practice to get started, May have been best to keep it a bit more private project.
What Mew_nani suggested is pretty interested and will help test/help you learn more, if you expand the game with some of the rumors and cheats in the originals. I know your already adding new stuff to it, but add more originality (minor story changes, mapping changes 'not too much' lil events) too.

Keep it old school bud. Wish you the best of luck!
~countryemo

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
Hello Guys,
Iam back after tough exams :P

Wow, sounds intresting! I love Red Version!

Maybe you can add some stuff to it, though. Mew under the truck? Cheat codes? Maybe a function where you can swap the tiles to the old style tiles? Firered might already exist, but still this has potential. You could do all kinds of things that Game Freak, for some reason, did not. And add extra content, like different islands, or what have you. :) It'll be AWESOME!
Thats fantastic idea! Thanks Really :knockedou
Woo hey mustafa.

Also everyone if he used dppthgss tiles, wouldn't it be a 'poor' remake of hgss? Once all the tiles and sprites are completed I can see this has pretty unique and cool :)
Newer tiles =/= Better game.
Fireworks, go back to the hacking section

Also I think what your doing is a cool little practice to get started, May have been best to keep it a bit more private project.
What Mew_nani suggested is pretty interested and will help test/help you learn more, if you expand the game with some of the rumors and cheats in the originals. I know your already adding new stuff to it, but add more originality (minor story changes, mapping changes 'not too much' lil events) too.

Keep it old school bud. Wish you the best of luck!
~countryemo
Thanks, and yeah i am not changing the style to HGSS one (it doesnt match with 1st gen) and the HGSS tiles are only good for a 3D Project...
and yeah i am going to put "cheated events" & "original events"...
Cheats event will allow the cheats like ... Mew in truck and Missingo etc...

Original event will have new types of events (including the old ones.) .
and i will try my best to improve mapping and grammer :)

UPDATE :3
VERSION 2 of Viridian City's house.
2e2q7i8.jpg

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
The viridian house still kinda looks a little off.
And Glad to see your back. I kinda had thought this project has OVA!

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2017
Looks good so far. Might not be totally original (just going by others' posts) but looks to have a promising future if done well. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
The viridian house still kinda looks a little off.
And Glad to see your back. I kinda had thought this project has OVA!
Yeah but its progressing ;)
Looks good so far. Might not be totally original (just going by others' posts) but looks to have a promising future if done well. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.
Thanks, since i have got cold i wont be too active here all i can do is play my DS :(

psyxe

Cubone Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2017
"you should use BW style because GBA SUX and ADD MEW UNDER TRUCK BECAUSE ITS EPIC and ADD new things because JUST revamping red isnt good enough because firered was L33T and BW are better!"

stfu you freaking noobs. im sick and tired of these GD idiots that think that graphics make a game.

plain and simple, this thread is a REVAMP game. not A FIRERED CLONE, not a BLACK AND WHITE VERSION OF RED.... it is made for one thing, and one thing only. to REVAMP RED AND BLUE.

firered is not a direct remake of red. it was BASED on red, but it had MANY things added on, which differ from the original.

in other words, he wants everything EXACTLY like in the ORIGINAL red version, but with newer HAND REVAMPED graphics, not ones stolen from black. he doesnt want firered, he wants RED.

so-

1. stop telling him to use black. that is 100% directly against the hacks purpose
2. stop asking him to add new things. seriously, this is a revamp...
3. stop telling him this is firered. this is not firered, it is red. -_- they are DIFFERENT
4. stop being noobs. its annoying.

--------EDIT------
mustafa, i 100% support your hack. please dont let the children discourage your work, the appreciation of the originals are few and far between, and you must not let others awe over graphics deter you. :)

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
"you should use BW style because GBA SUX and ADD MEW UNDER TRUCK BECAUSE ITS EPIC and ADD new things because JUST revamping red isnt good enough because firered was L33T and BW are better!"

stfu you freaking noobs. im sick and tired of these GD idiots that think that graphics make a game.

plain and simple, this thread is a REVAMP game. not A FIRERED CLONE, not a BLACK AND WHITE VERSION OF RED.... it is made for one thing, and one thing only. to REVAMP RED AND BLUE.

firered is not a direct remake of red. it was BASED on red, but it had MANY things added on, which differ from the original.

in other words, he wants everything EXACTLY like in the ORIGINAL red version, but with newer HAND REVAMPED graphics, not ones stolen from black. he doesnt want firered, he wants RED.

so-

1. stop telling him to use black. that is 100% directly against the hacks purpose
2. stop asking him to add new things. seriously, this is a revamp...
3. stop telling him this is firered. this is not firered, it is red. -_- they are DIFFERENT
4. stop being noobs. its annoying.

--------EDIT------
mustafa, i 100% support your hack. please dont let the children discourage your work, the appreciation of the originals are few and far between, and you must not let others awe over graphics deter you. :)

Yeah I agree with you there. It's up to what the owner of the game wants it to be. But at the same time they do need to listen to the public XD, as they are showcasing the game to everyone even if some of the comments do tend to be annoying. That's what game dev is about. Be told critique of what the game could improve and listening to it. By the way this isn't a hack. :P

psyxe

Cubone Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2017
i can understand listening to the public, but when the public's opinion DIRECTLY contradicts the entire point of the game....

its like going somewhere fancy and saying you want steak, and they recommend the chicken. i dont care how much you like the chicken, i want my freaking steak. :D

all this talk of food is making me hungry :)

Orangturttle

Magikarp MASTER!
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
its like going somewhere fancy and saying you want steak, and they recommend the chicken. i dont care how much you like the chicken, i want my freaking steak. :D
That is probably the best way to put it!
Mustafa I am supporting this 100% Good work! And Good luck! :)

psyxe

Cubone Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2017
lol :) exactly! doesnt matter if there isnt a single person supporting.... if the person is making what they what, then the hack/game is a success.

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
Thx you Guyz!!!!

lol :) exactly! doesnt matter if there isnt a single person supporting.... if the person is making what they what, then the hack/game is a success.

That is probably the best way to put it!
Mustafa I am supporting this 100% Good work! And Good luck! :)

i can understand listening to the public, but when the public's opinion DIRECTLY contradicts the entire point of the game....

all this talk of food is making me hungry :)

Yeah I agree with you there. It's up to what the owner of the game wants it to be. But at the same time they do need to listen to the public XD, as they are showcasing the game to everyone even if some of the comments do tend to be annoying. That's what game dev is about. Be told critique of what the game could improve and listening to it. By the way this isn't a hack. :P

:pink_cry: thx really now i really know someone who supports me :) makes me feel lot better thx alot :) .
i have a bad news my pc got format because of startup repair and all files got deleted (including the project) but thx god i posted all my progress on internet *phew* now i have to import them again.

Back