• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolutions Discussion and Speculation

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
hF8BB387B

So apparently Mega Gengar has legs.

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
all starters without a doubt will get mega evolutions... i hope raichu and electivire will get one as well :)

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
Years

This is the supposed list of what Pokemon are getting Mega Evolutions. One of which was revealed after this image has surfaced. While a few people have tried to disect this to prove its fake, Garchomp's recent add in supports this list.

I say we shouldn't rule this out completely, especially since none of the other rumors have been exceedingly far off base. While other rumors have had conflicting information in them, this one has a more solid defense.

Like all its easier to assume they are all false until proven otherwise, but this one seems to have more support than the other rumors right now.

This is an opinion of mine. I doubt half of the images on there would get Mega Evolutions, but its still a more solid rumor that we've gotten so far.

Well, megalatios and megalatias have already been leaked, why are they missing in the list?
Also, are we assuming ANY megastone missing will be given out via event/movie event/global link minigame?

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Well, megalatios and megalatias have already been leaked, why are they missing in the list?
Also, are we assuming ANY megastone missing will be given out via event/movie event/global link minigame?

You quoted something old, posted before the game even came out lol.

I imagine that any "secret" mega-stones will be distributed through events or kept for 'sequel'.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
Does anyone else think they might later introduce a Mega Evolution for Delcatty? This generation, some Pokemon got stat boosts (Raichu, Azumarill, etc.,) so when I saw Delcatty in the Pokedex, I assumed it got a stat boost. Nope. So I'm hoping they are going to do something with it, and a mega evolution sounds possible. Because really, Delcatty is fully evolved and it's base stats are under 400. I know something can have low base stats and still be awesome, but under 400? Delcatty is really good for nothing right now.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Speaking of third version/sequel Megas, which Pokémon, if any, do you guys expect to gain Megas?

I think they'll give some to this generation's starters, and to the rest if don't do so by the time they announce them.
Hopefully a MegaDelphox will be super powerful. Also hope MegaGreninja unwraps it's tongue from itself which makes even Lickitung and evolution jealous...

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Speaking of third version/sequel Megas, which Pokémon, if any, do you guys expect to gain Megas?

I think they'll give some to this generation's starters, and to the rest if don't do so by the time they announce them.
Hopefully a MegaDelphox will be super powerful. Also hope MegaGreninja unwraps it's tongue from itself which makes even Lickitung and evolution jealous...

You know, when they first announced Megas, I thought for sure that, out of all the Pokemon we've seen, they would be the ones to gain Megas. Imagine my surprise when we were told no 6th gen Pokes' were getting Mega's. I'm hoping all generation starters get some Mega's. Something about that idea just sounds right to me.

As for other Pokemon, I'd really like a few others to gain a boost in the form of a Mega. Drifblim, Rotom, Volcarona, Mightyena, Mismagius, Darmanitan maybe the rest of the pseudo's? Also definitely think Zygarde should get one too.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
You know, when they first announced Megas, I thought for sure that, out of all the Pokemon we've seen, they would be the ones to gain Megas. Imagine my surprise when we were told no 6th gen Pokes' were getting Mega's. I'm hoping all generation starters get some Mega's. Something about that idea just sounds right to me.

As for other Pokemon, I'd really like a few others to gain a boost in the form of a Mega. Drifblim, Rotom, Volcarona, Mightyena, Mismagius, Darmanitan maybe the rest of the pseudo's? Also definitely think Zygarde should get one too.
I agree with your list. I was playing with Drifblim and Larvesta yesterday and thought "They should've given Drifblim and Volcarona Mega Evolutions."

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I agree with your list. I was playing with Drifblim and Larvesta yesterday and thought "They should've given Drifblim and Volcarona Mega Evolutions."

Yeah, for the last two gen's, I've wanted them to give Drifblim a third evolution and now that we've got Mega-evolutions, it seems even more possible that we could get one. As for Volcarona, ever since that leaked list of Japanese names came out a while ago, and had something about a "lunar moth", I've imagined the possibilities of a Volcarona evolution or opposite. If they give mega's to either one of those two, I'll be especially happy!

Back