• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Ah, ty. And moving maps yo another position, what about that? For example moving the position of Dewford Town to the uppermost left corner?
Well, the maps' positions relative to each other are determined by the map connections. (Map connections are what allow you to walk from one map directly into another, i.e. Route 1 to Viridian City, without hitting an invisible wall or crashing the game.) So you'd just re-arrange the connections of the maps that you're overwriting (the "Map B"s in my instructions), so that Dewford ends up in the upper-left.

When connecting maps, remember to edit both maps' connections! If you don't, then you'll have situations where you walk from one map to another, and then you can't walk back. (A connection that exists only on one map is basically a one-way connection.)

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2011
I'm trying to use unLZ to edit some sprites, but everytime I load my ROMs (Ruby, Emerald and Fire Red) this happens (see attachment).

No matter what I do I can't view the sprites properly. Am I doing something wrong?

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
You have to search for the sprite you're looking for. Use the + and - to change the shape of the image. That will make the image appear in a way that you can recognize.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I'm trying to use unLZ to edit some sprites, but everytime I load my ROMs (Ruby, Emerald and Fire Red) this happens (see attachment).

No matter what I do I can't view the sprites properly. Am I doing something wrong?

unLZ holds a large number of compressed graphics and .RAW files, not just sprites. The picture that is open in your screenshot is a tilemap of the background when you battle, which is rearranged via a .RAW file in-game.

If you're looking for Pokemon, trainer or item sprites, they begin at 668, 1499 and 1720 respectively in an untouched FR ROM.

愛点三三

A̎͊̎̾ͪ̾̆̄ͦ̇̂͒ ̶̸̡̛̳̾̃̽̌̌̉͡? ?͇
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2011
This will be a bit odd... But does anyone know if semitransparent textboxes are possible without modifying the assembly?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
This will be a bit odd... But does anyone know if semitransparent textboxes are possible without modifying the assembly?

Yeah, that would require ASM. colcolstyles has managed to do it, but I doubt he is going to release the steps he took to achieve it anytime soon or even at all.

xequiaz

Noopy Infinoopy ;3
Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
How do i make extra sprites? :< i need atleast 1 sprite with facing left,right,up,down,run up,run down, run left, run right, run down.

an above normal size (as big as the deoxys sprite in fire red)

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
How do i make extra sprites? :< i need atleast 1 sprite with facing left,right,up,down,run up,run down, run left, run right, run down.

an above normal size (as big as the deoxys sprite in fire red)
If you're using JPAN's FireRed hack, then this tutorial on inserting new OW sprites will help you:

Here

Last edited:

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years

Sadly it's not possible without ASM. Plus, doing it makes some other features not work so well (like some weathers) since the GBA only supports a very limited number (I think it's 1) of transparent objects.

xequiaz

Noopy Infinoopy ;3
Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
is there a way to remove the roaming pokemon u see after beating the elite for? (suicune,entei,raikou) if so do tell

also is there a way to do this:

Make TELEPORT work like FLY but remove the animation of FLY and use TELEPORT ANIMATION.

Make FLY change u to a bird Overworld (i can make OW's) then disable running when on bird mode. and make ur speed like a mach bike? ;3 i would love that on fire red if its possible

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
What is the exact flag of national pokedex for emerald?

I know that special 0x1F3 will activate national pokedex, but I need the flag of national pokedex... I wonder if anyone know...

Years
What is the exact flag of national pokedex for emerald?

I know that special 0x1F3 will activate national pokedex, but I need the flag of national pokedex... I wonder if anyone know...

You just need to find the flag for the normal pokedex because you activated te national pokedex. This will work I did the same for my fire red hack.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
hi is there any tool that let u hack the font of FR in the text when u talk?
like the d/p/p patch
WELL IF IM NOT MISTAKEN nse allows you to do that as well as edit text boxes and ect im sure it can work you go to book arks look for it in there say save then you replace it with the new one well thats the only one i know of what can do that.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2022
Hey, in FR/LG, how can I find and edit this this sprite? I want to change the hat color and put it back in the game, but I couldn't find its hex code in unLZ and whatnot. Thanks!

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Hey, in FR/LG, how can I find and edit this this sprite? I want to change the hat color and put it back in the game, but I couldn't find its hex code in unLZ and whatnot. Thanks!

well go to unzl and search around the thousands sorry i dont have the exact nuber ut should be about 2000 if its pokemon sprites then go higher untill you find the trainers then just search until you find it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back