• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: Pokemon ArcticWInd

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 4, 2021
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

You're a young trainer from Gravine Town who goes off on a journey after choosing 1 of 3 pokemon from the far away region of Alola. Collect 8 badges and challenge the Pokémon League! All while an evil organization plans to disrupt Articuno.

That's the basics of it. This hack is meant to be very simmilar to an official GameFreak experience.

Features:
-An original soundtrack
-Fairy-type, including new fairy type moves
-A brand new region to explore
-New Pokemon up to Gen 7

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Music:
Spoiler:

Credits:
Spoiler:

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 4,272
  • 2.png
    2.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 4,010
  • 3.png
    3.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 3,965
  • 4.png
    4.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 3,953
  • 5.png
    5.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 3,939
  • 6.png
    6.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 3,941
  • 7.gif
    7.gif
    313.1 KB · Views: 3,996
  • 8.png
    8.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 3,958
  • hero.png
    hero.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 7,605
  • heroine.png
    heroine.png
    2 KB · Views: 7,588
  • townmap.png
    townmap.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 3,962
  • town1.mp3
    4.6 MB
  • route1.mp3
    3.2 MB
  • town2.mp3
    5.3 MB
  • route2.mp3
    4.3 MB
  • rivalbattle.mp3
    5.1 MB
Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2021
Wow, this looks very promising! What's your current progress on the completion?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
It's absolutely impressive to see, at long last, a new original project using a NDS ROM as its base. I'll definitely bookmark this thread.
I'll be looking forward to the upcoming updates. Good luck Wavee :)!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Yooo! Wavee! This looks friggin dope. I'm glad to see another NDS Hack, it's a sign that Gen 4 hacking is still making progress. I really hope this reaches a beta release stage or even more, completed status. Those screenshots have really got me hooked! Bless up!

Years
Your mapping looks really good, and it's also always exciting to see a DS hack with this much original content. Best of luck with development!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Nov 7, 2023
Wow, just listening to the music I know this is gonna be a good hack

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
Mom! Look! My name is in the credits! :D

This project looks promising. It's time to encourage people to use NDS, and teach them that isn't too difficult as they think.
I see that your hero's frames at the beginning of a battle are still the default ones (or at least it seems, if you didn't change them already), if you need help or something with that, I already answered it, just in case (i'll probably PM you the links, i still can't post them because i don't have 5 posts on the forum XD).

Good luck on this, and never give up.

BM_Animation

Bruno [DS]
Years
DELIGHTFUL!
Welcome to the DS world!!! So also you make maps like Mikelan or me... awesome... i am happy! And are also so delicious... i love it... music is also good
I suggest you to create a discord profile...
There is a community of NDS...

GOOD LUCK!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 22, 2024
Now this is an interesting hack that I can't wait to try out for myself. Good luck with the project, I really hope this one succeeds with flying colors!

AdAstraGL

Music Composer | Rom Hacker
Years
I've always loved Gen IV ROM Hacks. Nice graphics, there.
You didn't show much, but the few things you did show are very very promising.
As a musician and ROM Hacker myself, I can't really hide my interest in knowing who made the music.

As someone else pointed out before, there is quite a big ROM Hacking community which I suggest you join. Or even, create your own Discord server and I'll gladly join it as well.
Best of luck for any future endeavour.

EDIT: I'm also wondering if you're really going to make some room for the BW2 sounds in the ROM. It's quite hard. The tracks you linked are mainly in the style of Gen V. How are you planning to handle this?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
This looks great so far, really looking forward to seeing how you get on. Good luck!

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
this looks legit good and i'm serious man. iv'e never seen a NDS ROM hack like this before. good luck on completion..

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 4, 2021
Wow, this looks very promising! What's your current progress on the completion?
about a quarter of the region has been mapped, but only up to right before the city with the first gym has been fully 3d moddled and inserted into the ROM. The soundtracks probably around 10% complete while the new features are around 30% complete. I hope to get a 2 gym demo released during summer.
As a musician and ROM Hacker myself, I can't really hide my interest in knowing who made the music.
me. Anything that's not in the credits was done by me.
EDIT: I'm also wondering if you're really going to make some room for the BW2 sounds in the ROM. It's quite hard. The tracks you linked are mainly in the style of Gen V. How are you planning to handle this?
most of the instruments came from hgss, with some from bw/b2w2 and some from dppt. the samples from bw/b2w2 were either small enough to use or I reduced their size myself. The sample data is actually already in the game; all these songs are recordings from the game with a lot more to come very soon.

Back