• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Pokemon game in RPG Maker 2003

Years
Can I make a Pokemon game in RPG Maker 2003?
The problem is that RPG Maker XP doesn't work on my Windows XP PC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Can I make a Pokemon game in RPG Maker 2003?
The problem is that RPG Maker XP doesn't work on my Windows XP PC.
XP should work just fine , what issues are you having running XP?
Is it the Installing or Running of the program ?

And of course you can make a pokemon game in rpg2003 just takes a lot of coding that is all.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
You need to have a screen resolution greater than 1024x768 to run the program, otherwise it would show error message, but sometimes at other resolution it would work and would not. 800x600 isn't the case here

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
The short answer is not like Essentials. The long answer is that RM2k3 has a bunch of quirks and a much more rigid setup which (as far as I know) is unable to parse scripts you write yourself, meaning you're likely to have to default to something like Super Pokemon Eevee Edition's battle system. As for your resolution issue, you may want to consider getting that taken care of anyhow - so many websites and programs assume at least 1024x768 resolution that you may experience frustration with web browsing and everyday work on your computer.

Years
Help needed

I was looking for simple tutorials for a Pokemon game in RPG Maker 2003? Any help?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
You need to have a screen resolution greater than 1024x768 to run the program, otherwise it would show error message, but sometimes at other resolution it would work and would not. 800x600 isn't the case here
You can use the programs FakeRes and AltWindowDrag for running any RPG Maker on lower resolutions.

Years
Help needed!!!

I am developing a Pokemon game in RPG Maker 2003. But I have no knowledge of adding wild/trainer pokemon battles
19.%20confused.gif
. Help would be truly appreciated!!

Franzo

Developing something...
Years
  • Age 28
  • ???
  • Seen Nov 6, 2023
It would be very hard because you'd have to event the whole thing. Use pictures for the backgrounds and HP bars, event in all the algorithms for attacking other Pokemon.

Can I ask why you're not using Pokémon Essentials? It's a lot easier and has all the features of a GBA game.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 12, 2022
You can use pokemon script project if it doesn't lag on your pc.

Years
Starting to make a Pokemon starter Kit!

Should I be making a Pokemon Starter Kit for RPG Maker 2003? I saw many people using Pokemon Essenstials which is for RPG Maker XP, but RPG Maker 2003 is free.:P I am just wanting suggestions.

Back