• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I want a region based off of Germany!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Is there any country/state you want a Pokemon region to be based off in the future? I really want a region based off of Germany or Ireland.

Years
I would love a region based off of Scandinavia, or Northern Europe. I love the culture and I think it would make for an interesting and unique region.

Maybe the evil group would be a modern day equivalent to Vikings? And the region's pokemon could be based off of Nordic mythological creatures. The folklore could surround something similar to Yggdrasil, the tree of life and involve other Norse gods? I have so many ideas.

A region based off of the United Kingdom, Italy, Egypt, or China would also be pretty cool.

Last edited:
Years
Greece would be a great region. Lots of great history and myths that they could use to inspire pokemon/game mechanics.

I would also love for a UK inspired region. Lots of varied locations and history/folklore that could be used. A city based off London would be impressive and the Scottish Islands would make great isolated areas to put whatever you want on (and rare pokemon).

India would also be fun. Lots of contrasts between the city and countryside and a new climate which could give us some great new pokemon. And a lot of variety in habitats: swamps, jungles, deserts, mountains, rivers ect.

And finally, Peru. I have to admit, the main reason for this choice is my hope for a Guinea pig pokemon, which maybe evolves into a capybara. Where else makes a better case for that concept than in Peru?

Years
I think that Australia/New Zealand would represent themselves well as Pokemon regions, especially as far as new Pokemon would be concerned. New Zealand has a pretty varied climate for a small area, which could lead to an interesting adventure, too (though, I wouldn't want it right away, especially so soon after Alola).

Other than that, I've got a bias vote towards a Canadian region as well. Growing up in Western Canada, that would be my top pick, but Newfoundland & the Maritimes could make for an interesting setting, too.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
My first thought is someplace in Africa. (Knowing GameFreak, it would most likely end up being Egypt.) We've already had Asia, (North) America, Europe and sort-of Oceania (Hawaii being part of the United States, but geographically in the Oceania area); so it seems like the obvious next step. Then we could work on an Antarctica region for Gen 9

I sort of want to say Finland, but that's mainly because I want to see how they would translate Helsinki's underground city. :D

Canada...just because I like Canada a lot and I feel it could be interesting. (Plus - we haven't had a cold region since Sinnoh, have we? I'm so ready for one.)

And my secret desire?...The United States midwest, particularly Ohio. :3c I know, I know - it would be sort of retreading the same ground as Unova; but there are just so many cool things you could put in!!
*Pokemon versions of the great lakes serving as icons of the region and landmarks on your journey - maybe the Lake Trio could even appear gain?
*Some more places related to air & space travel
*Whatever the Pokemon version of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame would look like
*A Poke-version of the Ohio State University - I always picture it as a "Pokemon School", like in the other regions, but, like, the size of an entire city
*The Kentucky Derby, but with Rapidash/Zebstrika/Mudsdale/a new horse Pokemon
Possibilities!

And finally, Peru. I have to admit, the main reason for this choice is my hope for a Guinea pig pokemon, which maybe evolves into a capybara. Where else makes a better case for that concept than in Peru?
It could also give us a llama Pokemon!! :O

Last edited:

Ageha1304

Ageha
Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2022
I second the idea of having pokemon regions based on Scandinavia. We already have two regions that are were hot and tropical, but no regions that are cold and snowy. Besides there are many animals and creatures from folklore that could turned into cool pokemon.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
I love the idea of Scandinavia Region, as well as an Australia/New Zealand region with the Islands near it (Solomon Islands, Fiji, etc.), Greece, USA West Coast... maybe a region based on Mediterranean Islands as a long shot.

Personally I also like a region in The Netherlands + Antilles or Benelux.
I think there is quite some merit there.

takyon

Villain
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
Scandinavian Islands, Egypt, Guilin (China) and South America (like how Pokemon Sage is doing) are all cool region concepts.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Maybe the evil group would be a modern day equivalent to Vikings? And the region's pokemon could be based off of Nordic mythological creatures. The folklore could surround something similar to Yggdrasil, the tree of life and involve other Norse gods? I have so many ideas.

Thats where Gen 6 came in. Zygarde is based off the serpent wrapped around the tree with his other forms being based off the children of loki such as Fenir, Helena. I swore when I saw the Battle Tree in the Alola map, it was going to the Yggdrasil due to hints that Alola was connected to Zygarde, but as expected, was let down.

I second the idea of having pokemon regions based on Scandinavia. We already have two regions that are were hot and tropical, but no regions that are cold and snowy. Besides there are many animals and creatures from folklore that could turned into cool pokemon.

Sinnoh kinda took the place of a cold and snowy region, there are some areas, mostly south sinnoh with a more mild cimate / tropical feel, but its our cold region.

I also thought Germany would make a nice region, especially with a science focus. The Solosis line can make a return along with other chemical and science themed pokemon due to Marie Carie.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I would like having Indonesia represented as Pokémon region in a way, because it's pretty vast, tropical and having multiple islands, even though I'm wondering how would it work considering that Hoenn and Alola region did have some of Indonesia's defining traits too.

Besides of that, I would also want China and Australia to be part of Pokémon region as well.

Back