• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What Are You Watching This Season?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
All I've started this season were sequels aaaa

bnha season 3 and aot season 3
and s;g0.. but i guess two of those started in spring, technically.

I hear Harukana Receive has good..plot

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Whelp, I resolved to watch every non-sequel show this season soooooooo

Happy Sugar Life - 3 episodes in and I've been through phases with this show. After the first episode I was curious, since it had a good idea on its hands, this girl who's clearly mentally unhinged being in love with this much younger, very innocent child while said yandere also doesn't resolve every conflict with killing or even violence. I was surprised. Come episode 3 I'm pretty much all in on the show and just plain like it now. Rather than just having a yandere in a world that's normal and would otherwise play her victim, the main cast as a whole is over the top and I'm loving it. Could easily go downhill but so far this is some good fuckin' popcorn.

Miss Caretaker of Sunohara-san - Liking this show more than I expected, especially after the first episode. At its worst, Sunohara's a show about a caretaker and her teasing of the shota main, but at its best it's a pretty alright comedy that's funnier than it has any right to be with a cast that's easy to like. Another one that could go downhill but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

The Master of Ragnar?k & Blesser of Einherjar -
Spoiler:

So an average isekai. Easily the most boring show this season, hard to like ironically, and takes queues from In Another World with my Smartphone of all things. It's really awful, I...oh boy.

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord - Annoyingly boring first episode aside, this show isn't bad. It's not particularly original or anything like that and falls into a fair few isekai tropes, but the main character being likable puts this leagues above most of its isekai peers immediately. The comedy isn't half bad, the character designs aren't either, and the fanservice feeds right back into the comedy. I'm liking it.

Grand Blue Dreaming - Clearly funnier as a manga as it is an anime but the show still manages to make me laugh regardless. While some jokes are used a bit too often or aren't adapted all that well (from what it feels like, anyway) Grand Blue is funny when it wants to be and surprisingly genuine when it wants to be as well. One of the better shows this season.

There are others I'm watching but sleeeeep. Island is boring tho, can't really recommend it. I'll try to post more tomorrow for whoever wants to read this mess.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
How Not to Summon a Demon Lord - was a bit dubious about the first episode but it garnered a few laughs out of me.

Grand Blue - I think this is one of the better shows. I find it hilarious to watch and want to read the manga.

Attack on Titan Season 3 - I'm sort of eh about AoT these days, my taste in anime has gone from shonen hype to comedic. I've read the manga and it seems to hit you with everything at once.

Still follow Pokemon Sun and Moon but my new job means I can't tune in live anymore so I end up having a backlog to watch in one go.

d I want to watch Hunter Hunter at some point too alongside a few others (like Gintama and Gurren Laggan).

Years
Whelp, I resolved to watch every non-sequel show this season soooooooo

Happy Sugar Life - 3 episodes in and I've been through phases with this show. After the first episode I was curious, since it had a good idea on its hands, this girl who's clearly mentally unhinged being in love with this much younger, very innocent child while said yandere also doesn't resolve every conflict with killing or even violence. I was surprised. Come episode 3 I'm pretty much all in on the show and just plain like it now. Rather than just having a yandere in a world that's normal and would otherwise play her victim, the main cast as a whole is over the top and I'm loving it. Could easily go downhill but so far this is some good fuckin' popcorn.

Miss Caretaker of Sunohara-san - Liking this show more than I expected, especially after the first episode. At its worst, Sunohara's a show about a caretaker and her teasing of the shota main, but at its best it's a pretty alright comedy that's funnier than it has any right to be with a cast that's easy to like. Another one that could go downhill but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

The Master of Ragnar?k & Blesser of Einherjar -
Spoiler:

So an average isekai. Easily the most boring show this season, hard to like ironically, and takes queues from In Another World with my Smartphone of all things. It's really awful, I...oh boy.

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord - Annoyingly boring first episode aside, this show isn't bad. It's not particularly original or anything like that and falls into a fair few isekai tropes, but the main character being likable puts this leagues above most of its isekai peers immediately. The comedy isn't half bad, the character designs aren't either, and the fanservice feeds right back into the comedy. I'm liking it.

Grand Blue Dreaming - Clearly funnier as a manga as it is an anime but the show still manages to make me laugh regardless. While some jokes are used a bit too often or aren't adapted all that well (from what it feels like, anyway) Grand Blue is funny when it wants to be and surprisingly genuine when it wants to be as well. One of the better shows this season.

There are others I'm watching but sleeeeep. Island is boring tho, can't really recommend it. I'll try to post more tomorrow for whoever wants to read this mess.

You got the continuation of this for us yet?

Years
MHA season 3, Ongaku Shoujo (I love female idols!), AOT season 3, BanG Dream! Garupa?Pico (mini shorts), Free! Dive to the Future. It's a time of sequels, lol. Really should pick up some of the actual new series. Was interested in Island but machomuu says it's boring so idk ):

Years
InYuyasha season 2, Children of the Whales, and I plan to watch Clannad and Angel Beats!

In terms of Manga I'm currently reading Waiting for Spring volume 4, Akuma No Riddle volume 3, and KonoHana Kitan volume 1.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
You got the continuation of this for us yet?
I haven't really watched much since then but of what I have:

Hyakuren no Haou Enher-whatever: It's amazing how a show- or a writer, rather, can think they're writing something so much more entertaining than they are. Like, I can feel the VAs in some scenes trying desperately to put out their best for this blase snorefest and...my heart goes out to them.

Not the animators tho. Well, they're probably good people working shitty conditions and terrible schedules so whatever the problem is probably isn't their fault, but this show looks like ass. Animation aside, the character designs are awful and they translate worse to animation. If someone's actually watching this show for the harem aspect I...I don't know what to say. Good luck.

Happy Sugar Life: Easily my favorite show this season and still the most likely to go on my dislike list. Everyone continues to be insane and I absolutely love it but there are points where it skirts way too close to the things I don't like about this type of show- or how they tend to go anyway.

The latest episode was boring and a bit heavy-handed but what I like most is that the main character doesn't handle things (well, rarely) the way one would expect a yandere with warped morals to and that's really refreshing, as you might imagine I'm not exactly the biggest fan of your Gasai Yunos and her various clones since I just think that's a pretty boring way to write a character and a story. Satou's alright though, though considering the latest developments in the story I have to wonder if that will last.

Chio's School Road: You ever seen a show where a character is defined as an otaku or a gamer and that's just kind of their character? Where they'll equate every scenario to that of a video game scenario like a gamer or otaku...you know...wouldn't? Well that's Chio's School Road in a nutshell, and honestly it's not that bad but not that great. The premise is that a girl named Chio goes to school each day and each time is met with some sort of strange obstacle- or rather, the obstacle is mundane but the way she handles it just so that she can get to school on time is over-the-top. Its comedy is hit or miss and that's probably its biggest problem, other than how well it does/doesn't translate the manga to animation.

Banana Fish: Only seen the first episode so far and it looks alright. Pretty boys get involved in a drug war while there's also family politics seems to be the name of the game. Can't really say much but hearing "B a n a n a f i s h u" every now and again is a treat and the animation's good from what I remember.

Planet Wish; Another show I've only seen one episode of but it's...interesting. It feels like it's trying to be FLCL to an extent but its premise is subversive enough (and I use that term somewhat lightly) to have me interested in watching more.

Inazuma Eleven - Ares no Tenbin: Alright this one's kind of cheating since it started airing last season but here we go anyway. Ares no Tenbin takes place in an alternate timeline where the events of Inazuma Eleven 2 never happened and Raimon ended up disbanding temporarily to help develop the soccer world. I was kind of surprised when I heard this because that premise is so bizarre and obtuse for a kids show, but it's accessible to those who only watched/played the first season and it's an interesting idea so I'm all over it.

I'll probably go on about this at some point and I intended to but I ended up getting distracted by sakuga so I'm gonna end it here.

InYuyasha season 2, Children of the Whales, and I plan to watch Clannad and Angel Beats!

In terms of Manga I'm currently reading Waiting for Spring volume 4, Akuma No Riddle volume 3, and KonoHana Kitan volume 1.
Oh wow, someone else who watching Children of the Whales, really glad about that. That was easily one of the best shows from the Winter season that just about everyone slept on, good stuff.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 6, 2020
not much this season has got my interest.

still watching My Hero Academia. i watched a few episodes of How Not to Summon a Demon Lord. i haven't decided yet if I'll continue it.

Last edited:
Years
Oh wow, someone else who watching Children of the Whales, really glad about that. That was easily one of the best shows from the Winter season that just about everyone slept on, good stuff.

It's one of the best anime that I've seen. The characters are phenomenal, the animation is stunning, and the underlying theme regarding emotions is perplexing. I will say that it has gotten a bit more recognition in the anime community, at least that's what I've noticed.

Back