• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: OWM: OverWorld Manager

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 1, 2021
Hi, I tried to modify a sprite in Emerald (I) (Glacia's sprite), but in game the sprite still uses the palette for the original sprite.

In game it uses the palette 0x1104, instead of 0x110F:
Spoiler:

P.S. I also have the same problem of frezgle

Criminon

Forever Spriting
Years
Having an interesting problem. After applying the unique palette patch, I open my rom. It repoints, reads the sprites, then I save. (I don't even have to add anything) When starting up the game, the second it gets to my character select screen it freezes. This ISN'T with a clean rom, but I'm failing to see why it would do this, since it targets and repoints. Anyone else had something similar? I tried Analyzing on open, and it ran for a bit and closed out.

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
Hi, I tried to modify a sprite in Emerald (I) (Glacia's sprite), but in game the sprite still uses the palette for the original sprite.

In game it uses the palette 0x1104, instead of 0x110F

That's because there is a different palette in that slot. Change your OWs palette slot.

P.S. I also have the same problem of frezgle

I'll look it up in one of these weeks.

Having an interesting problem. After applying the unique palette patch, I open my rom. It repoints, reads the sprites, then I save. (I don't even have to add anything) When starting up the game, the second it gets to my character select screen it freezes. This ISN'T with a clean rom, but I'm failing to see why it would do this, since it targets and repoints. Anyone else had something similar? I tried Analyzing on open, and it ran for a bit and closed out.

I'll have to update the thread with this info. The Open and Analyze is in primitive state yet. To find its offsets it searches from the data of the original hero OW. So if you've changed your hero's OW, open and analyze won't be able to find the correct offsets.

A workaround for that, until I tweak the function, would be to change your hero to the original one and then open your rom with Open and Analyze.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023
Adding onto Emerald's problem with berry trees, a similar issue occurs with the man in the Mauville City Pokemon Center (another OW with multiple possibilities) - he doesn't appear, and when is sprite is loaded, other sprites in his area don't appear either.
Pokemon%20Emerald%20Zwei2.png

Years
The "Text Color" button does not work, is it not finished or do I have an outdated version?
I currently have v1.2.1

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
The tool is amazing, but I have a little but annoying problem with the frames of the main players. The new sprites works very good, but the problem starts when I receive the running shoes. When I press B, the player looks like they are sliding on ice instead show the frames of the player running. Heres an video with my issue

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
When is this tool being updated next? I seem to have problems with the tool's saving function. I have to save a minimum of 5 times per change to a sprite to get it to register the change. This is really cumbersome, and I would really like to have this problem fixed.

Also, I would highly recommend altering the Spriter's Resource Pokemon OW import feature. The way it works now, it draws the first moving frames as the stationary frame, which ends up looking really weird in game. The moving frames for all Pokemon should be exactly the same for each direction, while the stationary frames should be unique. Otherwise, the Pokemon end up looking really weird.

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
The tool is amazing, but I have a little but annoying problem with the frames of the main players. The new sprites works very good, but the problem starts when I receive the running shoes. When I press B, the player looks like they are sliding on ice instead show the frames of the player running. Heres an video with my issue
Spoiler:

Hmm, that's weird. I thought I had fixed this one. What rom are you using? What are the dimensions of the new hero sprite?

When is this tool being updated next? I seem to have problems with the tool's saving function. I have to save a minimum of 5 times per change to a sprite to get it to register the change. This is really cumbersome, and I would really like to have this problem fixed.

Also, I would highly recommend altering the Spriter's Resource Pokemon OW import feature. The way it works now, it draws the first moving frames as the stationary frame, which ends up looking really weird in game. The moving frames for all Pokemon should be exactly the same for each direction, while the stationary frames should be unique. Otherwise, the Pokemon end up looking really weird.

Actually I wasn't planning on updating it as I couldn't find malfunctions back then (with some basic testing tbh). But I see that some problems have blossom, so I'll start looking at it again.

About the recommendation, if I understood correctly what you were sayin, then the problem is not that it treats the first sprite as the stationary sprite but rather the fact that in those sheets from Spriters Resource(and generally from HGSS) the pokemon were always moving and had no stationary frames. As for looking weird in game, one workaround would be to extract the frames from the Sheets and then edit the sequence of the frames by hand.

Lastly, could you give me some more info about problematic saving function? Things like when did you first start noticing it, what rom are you using, does the size of the OW have anything to do with it. Or something that could help me recreate your problem would be really helpful.

Thanks for reporting guys!

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
About the recommendation, if I understood correctly what you were sayin, then the problem is not that it treats the first sprite as the stationary sprite but rather the fact that in those sheets from Spriters Resource(and generally from HGSS) the pokemon were always moving and had no stationary frames. As for looking weird in game, one workaround would be to extract the frames from the Sheets and then edit the sequence of the frames by hand.

No, that's not exactly what I'm saying. It's possible to just keep the Pokemon sprites constantly moving, so we can still use them, but the way the frames are currently imported doesn't allow for that to make it look normal. This is basically what I mean:

2p0olEJ.png

Here's the explanation. Firered's walking format is as follows: stationary (0, 1, 2) --> movement frame 1 (3, 5, 7) --> stationary --> movement frame 2 (4, 6, 8). The way your import is currently set up, the sprite will be sharing a movement frame with the stationary frame, which will result in the sprite "stalling" when constantly moving - when its movement frame and stationary frame are the same, the image of the sprite doesn't change. The ideal format listed above keeps one frame for stationary frames and one for both movement frames, and the specific frames specified will correctly import flying Pokemon (as their frames with the wings down need to be the movement frames) and slithering Pokemon (whose forward thrust frames need to be their movement frames) with forcing the user to export the sprite sheet and edit the sprite manually (which is a grueling process when your background is all one color and all HGSS Pokemon frames are 32 x 32). The ideal format I specified should be the one your import function uses.

Lastly, could you give me some more info about problematic saving function? Things like when did you first start noticing it, what rom are you using, does the size of the OW have anything to do with it. Or something that could help me recreate your problem would be really helpful.

It started a couple of days ago. It usually happens after I import a sprite sheet (not from Spriter's Resource, just a regular sprite sheet). I'll Ctrl + S or click Save from the dropdown menu, and it'll say "Saving to ROM..." or whatever, and sometimes, instead of saying "Wrote changes to filesourcehereblahblah..." it'll just go blank. It'll take a few more tries to get the "Wrote changes" message, and if I miss it and close out, none of the changes I made will save. It occurs on any size sprite and I'm using FireRed.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 1, 2020
How do I insert my personally made sprites on the manager? I want to replace the protagonist with a .png file I made on paint. How can I do this? Sorry if this is a dumb question or if it is previously answered.

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
My exams are almost over so I'll have some free time to check on this. Also, if anyone who has a problem with OWM could pm me an IPS patch of their ROM it would really help me narrow down the problem and fix it as soon as possible.

HuK

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
HOW CAN I EDIT SPRITES.INI after resizing or adding OVERWORLD?
".ini format" is like &H3ABCDEF
but In owm, pallet and sprite bank's offset is like 0xASDFGH
HOW I CAN SAVE TO Sprites.ini ???

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
I have a new problem.
I lost my old computer and I got a new one, I've installed all the programs required to run the OWM-QT.py file, but it doesn't work and I don't know why it happens, the py file never runs. This is a screenshot of the programs that I installed
we-1781673.png

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Great tool!

One flaw though, the text color boxes don't seem to have any effect. Someone else having the same trouble?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 5, 2021
I don't know why but after resizing some overworlds to use 9 frames I've got a strange problem.
All the frames in OWM seems to be in the correct order but while playing it looks like they're scrambled.
For example if I select "Look down" as movement on AMap the frame displayed is the one looking right.
I tried to change the order of the frames but I can't manage to obtain the right "combination" since it seems that it doesn't acknowledge how to associate frames anymore (for example, the looking right frame is not the reflection of the looking left frame).
What could be the problem?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 5, 2023
Will someone please like to help me here? I used JPAN's tool to add OW hack and hero customization in my ROM..but when I open the ROM with this tool, it loads profile BPRE not JPAN. I edited OW pointers on settings .ini but it still not working.

Delta231

A noob
Years
Will someone please like to help me here? I used JPAN's tool to add OW hack and hero customization in my ROM..but when I open the ROM with this tool, it loads profile BPRE not JPAN. I edited OW pointers on settings .ini but it still not working.

Just change it to JPAN.

Back