• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Generation 6 missing Eeveelution

Which Eeveelution should've been added to XY

• Steel

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Dragon

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
So many of you know generation 6 lacks one Eeveelution and only features 1 (a fairy) however since the previous Eeveelutions were weaker than the other, what do you think the missing eeveelution would have been? Steel or Dragon?

I think Steel becuase Vaporeon is weaker to Jolteon, Espeon is weaker to Umbreon and Leafeon is weaker to Glaceon

(Sorry for my english)

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Not to say they had to add an Eevolution to XY but in Gen 2 and 4 when they added pairs, one was superior to the other when matched up against one another. Umbreon dominated Espeon(Dark > Psychic) while Glaceon dominated Leafeon(Ice > Grass). Being that Sylveon was a Fairy Type, they could have gone either way frankly with the options you've given us.

Had they gone Steel, it would dominate Sylveon since Steel owns Fairy while had they gone Dragon, Sylveon would had dominated it much in the manner Umbreon owns Espeon. However, as I noted at the beginning of my post, why did they have to add two? I think by having just Sylveon, it highlighted the new Typing and honestly I think having just Sylveon was the way to go.

At this rate, people are going to want an Eevolution for each typing.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Kalos introduced significantly less new Pokemon than previous regions, so that may be part of why there was only one Eeveelution introduced in Gen 6. Wanting to highlight the new type, like CodeHelmet said, may also be part of it. Or maybe they just felt like only making one new Eeveelution.

But, going along with the idea that if there was going to be another one with one holding a type advantage over the other, the likely candidates would be Steel, Poison, Dragon, and Fighting. Steel and Poison are the only two types that deal super-effective damage to Fairy types. It could have been the other way around too in that Sylveon would've been the one with the type advantage, so the other Eeveelution could've been a Dragon or Fighting one. Fairy is super-effective against Dark too, but there's already a Dark type Eeveelution, so....

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Not to say they had to add an Eevolution to XY but in Gen 2 and 4 when they added pairs, one was superior to the other when matched up against one another. Umbreon dominated Espeon(Dark > Psychic) while Glaceon dominated Leafeon(Ice > Grass). Being that Sylveon was a Fairy Type, they could have gone either way frankly with the options you've given us.

However, as I noted at the beginning of my post, why did they have to add two? I think by having just Sylveon, it highlighted the new Typing and honestly I think having just Sylveon was the way to go.

At this rate, people are going to want an Eevolution for each typing.

1.I see, well Leafeon was supposed to be in pokemon 2, but for some reason was moved to generation 4
2.Well the more eevees the better to me

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Does Eevee really need to have an evolution of literally every type?

I think yes, henche why they have them in Pokemon adventures: Red chapter (All other types) and in Pokemon Venotide (A ghost & Flying type)

I mean the Eevees are so cute, i wanna pet them

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
Actually I think eevee should have gotten a bug type form. it could be based off this
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back