• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I have two questions about tile animations in firered:

1). How do you create/edit tile animations (like the water or the flowers)?

2). How do you change the colors of existing tile animations (for example, like changing the moving red flower to a blue one)?

I appreciate any help!

You can use the bookmarks in NSE to edit the flower (and grass) animations. Other animations such as water can be edited by following this tutorial (Note that the offsets involved are for FR).

Changing the colours will require you to edit the pallets involved. You can easily do this in Advance Map's block editor.

I searched for an answer, but sadly the phase "HM" is cut out of searches. Great.

I've gotten the first badge in my hack, and afterwards the only way to progress is by getting HM01 and cutting down trees. I've got HM01, but of course I need the 2nd badge instead of the BoulderBadge, which I have. I could easily edit the script to give the CascadeBadge instead, but that would mean alot of work, in that I'd have to start my game over in order to get the badge all over again (and removing all my Pokémon/Items).

So, my question is, how can I edit the game so I don't need certain badges to use certain HMs outside of battle? I figure this'll knowledge will come in handy later, and I'd rather get the badges in numerical order anyway. Thanks!

Basic HM skills such as Cut, Rock Smash and Strength can have their badge restrictions edited as they all are based around simple scripts. Open a Cut tree's script in the script editor of your choice and search for the line 'checkflag 0x821' as it is the part that checks if you have the second gym badge. You can remove it completely so there are no restrictions on when you can use it, or alter it so that you can get it earlier/ later than the second badge.

This sort of editing is far more complex for Fly, Flash, Surf and Waterfall as they are mainly run through ASM.

jabberjabber8

../\..
Years
Im not even 100% sure this is possible but in A map is there a way to set groups of tiles (like the 6 that make a basic tree) for quick use, so instead of using all 6 tiles individualy you can just click once and you have a hole tree

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
How can I find some specific scripts in a rom?
For an example, Latios/Latias choice in Emerald; it isn't a person script, and it isn't a level script. Searching for the text in A-text gives me a decimal that doesn't match to XSE (converting it to hex).

Also, is it possible to change the game mechanics for fishing? Like, use the FR/LG mechanics instead of R/S/E one? Is there someone who already did this?

Years
How can I find some specific scripts in a rom?
For an example, Latios/Latias choice in Emerald; it isn't a person script, and it isn't a level script. Searching for the text in A-text gives me a decimal that doesn't match to XSE (converting it to hex).

Also, is it possible to change the game mechanics for fishing? Like, use the FR/LG mechanics instead of R/S/E one? Is there someone who already did this?

For your first question: You have to look for the script in whichever map it happens.
For example for the latios/latias choice, the script is probably in the player's house somewhere. Find the script, open xse, import your emerald hack, write the script in a box somewhere next to the compile and debug button (the box you are looking for has a 0x infront of it), click the button to the box's immediate right which if you hover over will say "Decompile" and you then can see the script itself. I just checked the player's house in an original emerald and there's loads of scripts in the player's room for some reason. You'll have to look through them.

For you second question: It's probably how the item behaves, like a potion gives you 20 hp and an X Attack reaises you atk in battle. You would need to replace the script of a rod (if you can even do that, i have no idea if you can) to a similar script with the firered rods (just remember FR/LG and R/S/E scripting not the same)...

Last edited by a moderator:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I would say no, I've been using it for 1 year now and I haven't found such an option.

Please don't answer questions with the wrong answer. This is indeed such a feature. Holding down cltr then right click and crop the tiles is the way to do this. Using A.Map 1.95 there's a shortcut button specifially to allow you to gross select

Last edited:

Jokuc

']['he Master of Horror Movies
Years
I'm a newb here so I didn't know where to post this and please don't assume that I know about errors in A-M.
AND YE,YE This miiiggghhht not be a "simple" quetion ^.^
Alright, I'm using Advance Map 1.92 to hack LG. To test it I use VBA. I have 4 questions.

1. When I'm out of of Pokémon, I re-spawn inside a Gym. Wtf?

2. How can I re-name maps?
I tried to insert a map and then it became a copy of the trading room place in the Pokécenter. (I created a new bank)
Then I edited the name of the new map in the new bank folder.
But when I edited it, the name of the Pokécenter place also changed!
How can I make a new name and keep the other?

3. Well, I am working very much with my hack but when I test it something happens:
If I go into a warp I have made myself, I get a blackscreen.
If I edit a map that's connected with warps (like a house) , I get a blackscreen.
IF I change ROM and then edit another map..
..I get a blackscreen!
I can't understand why it does not work though I know how to place warps.
So I deleted the warp in one of the maps and then tried agin with a new warp. Finally it worked.
BUT! Then I edited another map (that not had anything to do with the first map) and then saved.
Then I tried and my new place was looking great, but the blackscreen came back when I tried to visit the other place..
So I thought it might be a bug or something.
So, I downloaded Advance Map 1.95. I tried to open my map but then I got this error:

'The MapFooter is not saved at an Offset dividable by 4,
this can cause map is Black in ROM. Loading it anyway.
'

4. I'm using scripts and A-trainer to create new trainers. I've got almost everything to work.
The thing is, How can I change the battle music? I tried to edit the "intro music" in A-trainer but nothing happend in the game.
So I tried a script like 'sound 0x153' But that didn't work..

And also, when I'm using Advance map, What should I edit? "From ini" or "From Header"??

Help, anyone?

Last edited:

Luftcepser

Luftcepser
Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2011
I'm hacking pokemon emerald and i made a new town and no matter how i get to it (whether it be through a warp door or as a map connection) i can't run or use my bike. can anyone tell me why this may be?

Dark pokemon

Beginner Hacker
Years
I'm hacking pokemon emerald and i made a new town and no matter how i get to it (whether it be through a warp door or as a map connection) i can't run or use my bike. can anyone tell me why this may be?

I think it has something to do with the movement permissions, I'm not sure though

Is there any hacking tools for pokemon red rescue team?

Bumping my questions.

It is important (to me)

Pogeygothaxed

Pokémon exDeltaSpecies Creator
Years
I'm trying to insert Battle Backgrounds, and I'm getting this: ?

I don't think I misplaced the RAW that's supposed to tell it where to set the tiles...and I'm not sure, but I don't think I inserted the RAW incorrectly. o_O Seemed easy enough...is the tilemap too big? I'm also looking for a better tutorial, because the one I found isn't very informative...-_-' thanks.

Luftcepser

Luftcepser
Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2011
It wasn't movement permissions that messed up the whole bike thing, and i can't seem to find what the issue could possibly be. If someone can find out whats wrong please let me know because i spend a whole day on the current map and im only half done. I'd hate to have to restart. also if someone could tell me how to choose where you start the game off that'd be helpful too

I_Love_Cats

Cat in a Zapdos Hat
Years
Editing House/Road Signs and PC messages.

Hello,

I was having trouble editing the message for the name on the sign for your friend's house in HGSS (Lyra's House). In PPRE both houses (Yours' and Lyra's) are listed as text_35="\v0103\z0000\z0000's House" so I assume that codes for something that changes based on who you chose rather than having a "Lyra's House & Ethan's House" sign. I was wondering how I can change this so it will say Kris, not Lyra.

Also, for PC box messages, when you get mail from Lyra it says her name but in the map info under text for your room I don't see an instance of the name "Lyra" so I assume it is a similar problem to the sign.

Please help ^^

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I'm trying to insert Battle Backgrounds, and I'm getting this: ?

I don't think I misplaced the RAW that's supposed to tell it where to set the tiles...and I'm not sure, but I don't think I inserted the RAW incorrectly. o_O Seemed easy enough...is the tilemap too big? I'm also looking for a better tutorial, because the one I found isn't very informative...-_-' thanks.

It looks like the dimensions of the RAW aren't correct. Is it's size 32x64 in the Nameless Tilemap Editor?

Dark pokemon

Beginner Hacker
Years
It wasn't movement permissions that messed up the whole bike thing, and i can't seem to find what the issue could possibly be. If someone can find out whats wrong please let me know because i spend a whole day on the current map and im only half done. I'd hate to have to restart. also if someone could tell me how to choose where you start the game off that'd be helpful too

There is a tool called IntroEd where you can get Here
that edits the start map.

Another is Start map chooser

Years
Please don't answer questions with the wrong answer. This is indeed such a feature. Holding down cltr then right click and crop the tiles is the way to do this. Using A.Map 1.95 there's a shortcut button specifially to allow you to gross select

yeah I just found out yesterday but couldnt go on PC to correct my post... sorry, I was just trying to help.

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
For your first question: You have to look for the script in whichever map it happens.
For example for the latios/latias choice, the script is probably in the player's house somewhere. Find the script, open xse, import your emerald hack, write the script in a box somewhere next to the compile and debug button (the box you are looking for has a 0x infront of it), click the button to the box's immediate right which if you hover over will say "Decompile" and you then can see the script itself. I just checked the player's house in an original emerald and there's loads of scripts in the player's room for some reason. You'll have to look through them.
That's my problem.
I've found the TV text in A-Map that is followed by the question (did you see the red or blue lati?)

=Text found at offset 2065007 decimal
Spoiler:

2065007 = 1F826F

=script found at 1F826F in XSE
Spoiler:

There's nothing to decompile there - and none of the scripts in room (better, in the whole town) match the one I want
What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back