• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] The PokeCommunity Game-Along IV: A New Gaming

Years
Haha, that's a great joke. Wait... You're right. Fishing is in so many games. I think I've already played at least 3 games this year that had fishing minigame. I'm not sure how to tackle this. On one hand, I would like to try some true fishing simulator, because that's something I've never touched. I have a friend who is huge fan of fishing games. We talked a little bit about this theme this morning and I figured out I don't want to play a true fishing simulator. But I don't feel like playing some openworld game or JRPG just because it has fishing in it. Then, it strucked me. There used to be one game that combines fishing and horror. I tried to find it and stumbled upon a weird rabbit hole. There is a whole genre of horror fishing games. There were multiple game jams with this theme, so there is plethora of fishing games that looks interesting to me. Now, I'll just have to pick one. Current contestants (that I'll probably play all in the end, if they are short) are - A Wonderful Day For Fishing (this is the one I was talking earlier), Lure, Gone Fishing and The Thing In The Lake.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I let my twitter followers vote on whether I finish Tales of Arise or play the Final Fantasy XV VR fishing game (and possibly replay FFXV too) and of course they voted for VR fishing sooo... I'm going virtual reality fishing. Almost fishing for real! (pray for me.)

Pig

Angry ecologist
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Absolutely stellar I had literally just started Story of Seasons on 3DS on the first, without even knowing what the theme was yet.

So I'll be playing Story of Season (the first one) on 3DS! I figure "end game" can be when I've gotten married and had a kid, since these games don't have definite endings (I think).

(I also debated on choosing Sims Castaway on PSP since I also just picked that up, but decided against it. Maybe another month in the future)

Years
I'm told it has a fishing mini game (because of course) and I just bought it, so I'll be doing Fire Emblem: Engage.

Panda280

Panda280
Years
I'll be doing Wuppo: Definitive Edition. There's a fishing mini game although you get items instead of fishes.

Last edited:

Cherrim

Years
I beat my game the other day and wrote a bit of a review in my journal. It was a lot more fun than I thought it would be and I'd like to go in and see if I can do 100% completion and catch all the fish, but we'll see if I have the patience to get it all set up again.

At the very least it's going to make any fishing I do in the original FFXV a lot more depressing, knowing what I could be doing instead.

Years
I decided to play all games I've mentioned above. I think GONE FISHING fits the theme the most. And it was the best out of these games. I put my thoughts in my journal, so you can check it out.

Panda280

Panda280
Years
I finished Wuppo: Definitive Edition! I played it before on stream, but I bought it again on discount ~2$ on switch. I adore this game. It is silly and whimsical, followed by its unique soundtrack. Despite some issues on combat, backtracking and upgrading max health (Collection of happiness), Wuppo is worth it!

WHEN IN DOUBT, FISHES!
I spent some of time fishing just for fun or when I didn't know where to go next. When I stuggled with the final boss, I went fishing again. I found an item which upgrades my gun to shoot faster. Then, I went and beat the final boss (Still took a few tries). I would upgrade my gun with money anyway, but it's funny that it happened.

Years
I finished Fire Emblem: Engage. It was a solid game that I enjoyed a lot, although it definitely doesn't reach the same heights as Three Houses.

The fishing mini game however was a lot more involved and dynamic than the previous one. In some ways, this was cool. Especially in the earlier chapters. However, by the time I got to the later chapters, I was kind of wanting to scream at it to just give me my ingredients and bond fragments and be on my way.

For more detailed thoughts on the game itself, you can check my game journal. But this is the final entry with my analysis and stuff.

Years
April - Not Quite Dead

It's the ha-ha month that starts with the funny day. Therefore, it seems fitting that we go with the funniest and most jovial theme I could possibly think of for April. Get ready, it's a whacky one. The theme for April is the afterlife or the undead. Essentially, dealing with those things that aren't quite as dead as dead implies.

Any game dealing with heaven, hell, vampires, zombies - anything like that - is viable. Have fun!

Years
Now that's unexpected theme. I had to dig a little bit for a vampire game that I haven't played and found A Vampyre Story. It looks like fun small P&C Adventure.

Years
I was originally thinking of doing another playthrough of The Last of Us since I'm nearly done with the show. But I went through my other games just in case and it appears Pinstripe is about a journey through hell and it's nice and short so I might start there. The Walking Dead pt 1 is an option too but I only have pt 1 so eehhhhh.

Cherrim

Years
Hmm, I really want to play Paranormasight and the description that I have skimmed so as to go in as blind as possible seems to mention ghosts or resurrecting someone from the dead, so I think that would suffice for the theme! If I don't end up buying it this month though, I guess I'll try to finish Hades.

Panda280

Panda280
Years
I completed hollow knight. I tried beating with 2 charms or less, but I had a lot of experiences, so it was not as hard as I imagine. This game scars me when I first played it because of its absurd difficulty. However, I don't think I will play any game harder than this one.

Those bug zombies are scary. If I was in the hollow knight world, I would not survive it.

Cherrim

Years
I finished Paranormasight yesterday. It was really good! :D I'm glad this theme pushed me to pick it up bc I'd have hated to end up spoiled if more people I knew started playing it and retweeting stuff from it. Was great as a blind game.

Years
I finished Paranormasight yesterday. It was really good! :D I'm glad this theme pushed me to pick it up bc I'd have hated to end up spoiled if more people I knew started playing it and retweeting stuff from it. Was great as a blind game.

I saw you were a bit stuck for what to do for this one so I'm glad it worked out so well.

Back