• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon TRE2: Team Rocket Edition, The Revamped Episode

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023

Pokémon TRE 2
Team Rocket Edition
The Revamped Episode

5R7A1Yr.png

Read more at PokeTRE.com

Background Story Progress Features Videos Thanks Support

[a id]background[/a id]

Background

A few years ago, I created a "complete" modification for Pokemon Red entitled Pokemon TRE: Team Rocket Edition. I put complete in quotes because it is fully playable, but the only things that were changed were tiles, map blocks, or table entries. Now that the PokeRed disassembly exists (and I have learned assembly), I am proud to announce the sequel to the game, Pokemon TRE2: Team Rocket Edition, The Revamped Episode.

[a id]story[/a id]

Story

The story line is simple, you play as a member of Team Rocket who reports directly to Giovanni. Help him grow Team Rockets influence on the region of Aster by completing missions and taking over cities along the way.

It's not technically a sequel, since the story line is not based upon the contents of the first game, but its the same premise (just 100x better).

Here is the layout to Aster:

FpcOrh8.png

Read more about each location at PokeTRE.com

[a id]progress[/a id]

As of 2015, I have begun using the disassembly to finish this game. That means all of the progress I previously made will have to be re-implemented.

The % complete now refers to what is implemented in the game. Although the code and sprites are mostly written for a lot of the features, it will still say 0% if I haven't reached the point of adding it to the disassembly.
Once I reach that point, though, those features should be added fairly quickly.

Progress

What this game will have:
  • Next Gen Pokemon
  • New Story Line
  • New Gameplay Features
  • New Graphics
  • New World
  • New Items
  • New Types/Attacks

What this game won't have:
  • Color Graphics
  • Public Beta

Here is the status of the disassembly version as of 6/15/2015:
  • New Screens: 0%
  • New Pokemon: 80%
  • New Battle Sprites: 90%
  • New Items: 50%
  • New Types/Attacks: 80%
  • Status Effect Changes: 75%
  • Map Layouts: 0%
  • Map Scripts: 0%
  • Trainer Data: 0%
  • New Music: 0%

[a id]features[/a id]

Features

Updated Screens

T8cChr2.png
5R7A1Yr.png
u72GsNs.png

cHEhkKT.png
cSi8dYS.png
vJn1YCS.png

Updated Tilesets

uyBs2Qx.png
xSxaxPd.png

pv3Ucdr.png
uKh6VAW.png

Hard Mode

The game will feature two modes, Challenge (hard) or Adventure (normal).

You will be able to have one of each gamesave at the same time.

Hard Mode Features:
  • 1 life for your pokemon. If they faint, they are gone for good
  • 1 life for the player. If you black out, the game is over.
  • The game autosaves (both in an out of battle) to limit cheating

Normal Game Features:
  • The game keeps track of your win/loss/kills/ko's throughout the game.
  • The game also keeps track of your high score and best time.
  • High score is only in hard mode, best time is in normal mode.
  • The scoring it based on just about everything you do in the game, from updating your pokedex to evolving a pokemon to defeating a trainer.

Some screenshots:
DLixb7m.png
oY3qk60.png

New Pokemon

Every Gen 1 Pokemon family will have their finished family lines in the games. That is 32 added pokemon!

That means some pokemon from Gen2 up to Gen 6 will be featured in this game.

You will also be able to have eggs, but they take up space in a party! You can collect an egg as a gift, by finding it, or through breeding.
Check the video section to see an egg hatch in action!

You will have a 1/2000 chance of encountering a Holo pokemon! Holo pokemon will have special abilities that normal pokemon won't

gNVwMpZ.png
RN8b3SV.png

30wocJ4.png
VDQnMIp.png

vjV3hQm.png
u4H9cU0.png

5JhAo8X.png
6ns00XB.png

bNpLYUl.png
2F8zzLa.png

New Battle Features

The battle system has been completely overhauled.

Here are the announced changes:

Status Effect Changes
  • Temporary status effects will stay with the Pokemon throughout the battle
  • New status ailments have been added, including Radioactive, Wounded, Scared, and Cursed
  • Some status ailments will be permanent, including Toxic, Radioactive, and Wounded

Special Battle Effects
  • Every pokemon will have special abilities that will affect their performance in battle. Some will have two abilities
  • There are over 50 held items that will boost certain attacks or help the pokemon in certain conditions
  • You will have the opportunity to train your pokemon outside of the standard exp training to give them certain skills, which will improve certain elements in battle
  • You will be able to combine items (and more) to create potions. You can only have one potion at a time, but using this potion will affect certain battle elements
  • Enemy Trainer parties may feature one or more of the aforementioned features

Battle Conditions
  • Each battle will take place in a certain landscape. This landscape (water, cave, outdoors, etc) will affect the damage of certain type attacks
  • Outdoor landscapes will have the chance of weather effects. This may be brought on by attacks, abilities, or the map that the battle takes place in. Again, these might affect pokemon and their attack damage
  • Each battle can also have environment effects, which may affect Pokemon and their attacks (Examples include day/night or 'Radioactive Fallout')

Stealing Pokemon

You can now steal a trainers pokemon, but you can only try once per battle! Also, some trainers will be expecting it and won't let you.

gCRumbe.png

Mission Box

This box will appear at the start menu and will let you know what your mission is. This way, there are no excuses that you forgot what to do or didnt talk to the right person and are now lost.

2sFLQWN.png

Day/Night

Pokemon and event will vary depending on the time of day! Check out the screenshots below:

bO68MIq.png
hmWzWgH.png

New Types

There are 25 types in this game, some are the common new types and others are brand new to a pokemon game.

OhzHO1u.png

Check out the website to see the type chart and which pokemon have a given type

Horde Battles

Some pokemon will randomly appear as hordes while out in the wild. These hordes will vary in size fom 3 to 6 pokemon, and will be difficult to escape from!

Check out the video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEb4NjiNQCw

[a id]videos[/a id]

Videos

Intro Video:

Old Battle Sequence:

Latest Battle Sequence:

Horde Battles:

Egg Hatching:

[a id]thanks[/a id]

Thanks

Graphics Support
Those in this thread at WayOfThePixel.net: http://wayofthepixel.net/index.php?topic=15404.0

Coding
None of this would be possible without everyone who has worked on the disassembly project and everyone who has posted info and tutorials at http://hax.iimark.us

[a id]support[/a id]

Support

Keep checking the website for updates:

PokeTRE.com

Follow me on twitter for faster updates:

You can show your support by displaying this support banner in your signature!

KVpAFCj.png

Attachments

• Pokemon TRE2.ips
    415.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
Wow. That looks great to me. I've played the 1st one, although I've would like to see this based on FR or newer, I think I gotta try this.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Impressive so far! Although I do have a few suggestions that could make this game even better:

-Make all 151 Pokemon obtainable without trading
-Make Psychic types weak to Ghost type attacks
-Maybe some later gen moves, like Shadow Ball

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Thanks AmazingCharizard and MegaIndianCharizardX.

Impressive so far! Although I do have a few suggestions that could make this game even better:

-Make all 151 Pokemon obtainable without trading
-Make Psychic types weak to Ghost type attacks
-Maybe some later gen moves, like Shadow Ball

Thanks!

All Pokemon will be obtainable without trading (besides in game trading).
I don't plan on adding attacks or messing with the battle mechanics. I want this to be a Gen 1 game, so changing the types strengths and weaknesses is out of the question. Adding attacks is not something I see necessary at the moment. I feel that gen 1 type chart and attacks are sufficient.

Years
Instead of the game saying "Nice snipe! you just stole *ETC*" It should say "Nice snag! you just stole *ETC*" and have the trainer say something about it, too spice things up it would be cool if said trainer would alert the police or something, adding a challenge to beat these police officers in battles or something, I don't think its possible, but then again, i've never messed with hacking myself, I can't wait to play it though!

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Wow ! A sequel to one of this first hacks ever comopleted ! i love the screenies as they look very promising ! i love the display of the pokedex and the fact that this hack actually has a berry pouch :3 ! best of luck with this

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Wow ! A sequel to one of this first hacks ever comopleted ! i love the screenies as they look very promising ! i love the display of the pokedex and the fact that this hack actually has a berry pouch :3 ! best of luck with this

Thank you!

Looks good! A question, will some pokémon have their stats modified?

Thanks! The only Pokemon that have they stats modified are the starters and their evolutions. Also, some Pokemon will learn attacks at different levels based upon the level you encounter then in the game.

it would be cool if said trainer would alert the police or something, adding a challenge to beat these police officers in battles or something, I don't think its possible, but then again, i've never messed with hacking myself, I can't wait to play it though!

Thanks. The trainers do say something afterwards. The police coming after you is an interesting idea. It would be challenging, though, so I don't think I'll be implementing it (at least, not anytime soon)

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
Wow! Another impressive first0gen hack.
I love how you changed the graphics and everything. Ooohh.. lovely :)

Looking forward to this!

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Thanks! All of the sprites and tilesets are being update as well, so it's just about a compete sprite overhaul.

Bangladeshi

I sell cookies
Years
You know what you are doing(Which is great) and keep it that way...I don't know when we will get to play it,But i may try it...

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
I'm digging the new graphic style! Although for some Pokémon like Machop's it seems like it could use a devamped version of one of the newer sprites.

Although, all of the changes you've done to the engine itself are amazing! Will be looking forward to playing this when you get something released.

blue

gucci
Years
This is looking promising so far, I thoroughly enjoyed the first edition of TRE so I'm looking forward to seeing how this one pans out.

Trifindo

POKEMON OMICRON CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
Awesome hack!
Really good graphics.
I think that you should upload a video!

And really cool website.;)

Years
uoh seems really good! hey you created 2 games about team rocket now, i don't play the first one because i don't like the old flashionable style but i'm trying myself to make a pokemon game about team rocket, but not a hack, a game with rpg maker and essencial yah know?! And i like your way of thinking about team rocket. Let's exchange some ideas about this and chat a little? PM me ok?

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
thanks for the support and the comments on the graphics. You're right SSJ4 Furanki, devamped pokemon sprites would make for a better feel, but I was tired from devamping all of the trainers (and theres about 10x more pokemon). And even just updating to G/S/C graphics was a hassle. I enjoy coding much more than pixel art, so for now it'll have to be a 1st or 2nd gen sprite.

I will try to get a video up in the coming weeks. I havent worked on it much the past 10 days or so, but I will get some done tomorrow and update the website and unveil the town map. (Thanks for the website compliment Trifindo)

Back