• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
I have a question...

what's masuda method? I've seen many people mention it and several days ago even my friend said he got a shiny ralts via "masuda method"... heard that it increases chance of getting a shiny but IDK what it actually is...
Basically, Masuda Method is when you breed two different language Pokémon (English, German, French, Japanese, etc.) with each other in order to increase the odds of producing a shiny. The normal chances of breeding a shiny Pokémon is 1/8,192, the same as encountering one in the wild. But when you breed two foreign language Pokémon (make sure they are different from each other) the chances will increase to 1/2,048, which is 4x more likely to produce a shiny egg. This is useful because you can breed for egg moves, IVs, etc. In 4th generation, you can't pass down natures via everstone. In Black and White, the chances of producing a Masuda Method shiny are increased yet again to 1/1,365.3, and you can pass down natures via everstone.

A good example of pairs are Japanese Ditto and English Munna, German Pikachu and Japanese Pikachu. Make sure they are from other foreign language games (meaning you cannot use the German Magikarp you get in-game)

...I hope this made sense haha.

I'm up to 1,080 Charmander eggs, and you guessed it: not giving up.

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
Years
Triple Shiny

It's been a while since I posted but I bring shiny news, I was bored RE and SR, so I decided to chain some more, and I got 3 new shiny Girafarig, I still high on sparkles;), After the first I decided to keep chaining so I could get one for my sister, now I have 2 shiny females and one male which is very handy for the shiny dex in B&W. Sorry but I still shaking I'm so happy my 1 month drought is finally over, I wanted to keep going but I was running low on repels and I acidentally ran into a floatzel patch :(. But to everbody keep going you will get your shiny :D. I will update this post later with pics.

Edit: I probably get Black & White tomorrow I can't wait :)

Pics :

1st Girafarig

2nd Girafarig

3rd Girafarig

Last edited:

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
Basically, Masuda Method is when you breed two different language Pokémon (English, German, French, Japanese, etc.) with each other in order to increase the odds of producing a shiny. The normal chances of breeding a shiny Pokémon is 1/8,192, the same as encountering one in the wild. But when you breed two foreign language Pokémon (make sure they are different from each other) the chances will increase to 1/2,048, which is 4x more likely to produce a shiny egg. This is useful because you can breed for egg moves, IVs, etc. In 4th generation, you can't pass down natures via everstone. In Black and White, the chances of producing a Masuda Method shiny are increased yet again to 1/1,365.3, and you can pass down natures via everstone.

A good example of pairs are Japanese Ditto and English Munna, German Pikachu and Japanese Pikachu. Make sure they are from other foreign language games (meaning you cannot use the German Magikarp you get in-game)

...I hope this made sense haha.

I'm up to 1,080 Charmander eggs, and you guessed it: not giving up.
Ah, I see... guess I'll have to ask my friend for a french ditto :). I'm so lucky that I have so many friends playing pokemon :D

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I finally made it to Iriccus City in Black. Since it's winter that means I get access to the double grass outside Dragonspiral Tower. I am going to dual hunt in there because it has nice shinies.

Right now I am playing in my White, trying to get an (two actually) Illuminate Staryu/Starmie to appear above level 40. I have found only one Staryu that was 40+ and it has Natural Cure. Ffffuuuu!

Oooh! Level 55 Staryu came up and it had Illuminate, then a few battles after a Level 57 Starmie came up and it had Illuminate. Yay :D

Okay, I average 45 REs every 5 minutes when dual hunting in double grass. So in an hour I should get 360 REs in, approximately.

I am bored so I am going to constantly update this posted.

@700 encounters.

I am going to do 200 one hour, then 100 the next, than 200 the next, until I get to 1000 today.

Last edited:

ShinyDoug

Lastest Shiny FTW!!!
Years
I have Serperior at level 53. I put these EV's on her:
252 Def, 252 SpA, 4 HP

So with my recent Masuda luck, I'm interested in another hunt. I am going to get as many boxes as possible tonight, and I will have 10 boxes when I hatch. I got a Japanese Tepig from the GTS for a Ditto, and bred that with an English Ditto to get a Lonely Tepig. I'm breeding Lonely Everstone Tepig with the aforementioned Japanese Tepig to try and get a Lonely Shiny Tepig.

The Golden Bacon will be mine!

After I get my 10 boxes, I will have 330 Tepigs hatched. But if I'm really lucky, there will be a shiny Tepig in those boxes! If I get that lucky, I'm going to focus on EVing it and leveling both it and Serperior to level 100. Then I'll MM Oshawott. I'm not too enthusiastic about this since I don't particularly like Oshawott or Samurott's shinies, but Dewott is cool. However, if I MM both of the others I might as well complete the set. Not looking forward to it, but I'll feel good about getting a full shiny trio.

So yeah, Happy Hunting! Wish Me Luck! Congrats on all recent shinies, especially those 3 Girafarigs! Did you give one to your sis?

Oh, by the way, if I can get the SD slot on my computer working I will have high quality Snivy, Servine, and Serperior pics.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Good luck with golden bacon, Shiny Doug!

I got to 1,000 REs at Dragon Spiral Tower. Tomorrow I might triple RE for it, using my step sister's DS XL. But the main reason I am posting this is because I recolored all the DW pictures for all Pokemon outside of Dragonspiral Tower and their evolutionary forms to be shiny.

Spoiler:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
hi everyone, congrats to every new shiny; they look cool.

Hatching section: well, nothing for now; currently 350 eggs and counting.

I will not be hunting for a couple of days; on saturday I'll continue were I left.

PD: I like the recolorings Landorus is making, they look great.

See you everyone, good luck in all your gameplays and hunts.

zekrom over9000

Shadow Haxorus
Years
hello i just saw our amazing pole of star pokemon basicly i have recieved shiny pokemon over wi-fi trades like star colbalion, terrakion, kurem, thundurus, and etc... but im trying to find a shiny virizion, acclegor, tornadus, and landorus. [but not the three legandary event pokemon coming soon]

Last edited:

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
Years
This Time Double Shiny

So yesterday after my triple shiny luck, I catched the chaining bug again I forgot how much I enjoyed it. Before I got to sleep, I was chaining again on route 221 because that's where I got my Girafarig's and yet again shinies. I caught myself 2 nidorina's so I can leave one the way it is and evolve the other into a shiny nidoqueen. I very happy with these ones because they're purple.:) I will edit this post later with pics.

PokeTrainer87

Playing through Black Version
Years
Whats up everyone just wishing everyone good luck on their shiny hunts and congrats on their new shinies. (update) Im shiny hunting near route 1 for a shiny scraggy on my pokemon Black.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
Whassup ppl.

I'm now hunting for secret shiny target, so far at 138 E. I know, I only started half an hour ago :'(

EDIT: For those who're interested, I do use an Watchog for hunting. Here is it's summary for people who don't know what the "perfect" hunting Watchog is:

(Nature doesn't matter)

(High level)

Those are the very important features:

Item: SMOKE BALL! (so you can always run)
Ability: ILLUMINATE! (raises the likelihood of meeting wild pokémon)
Attacks: HYPNOSIS! (puts the shiny asleep), SUPER FANG! (makes the hp of the shiny go to half) others doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I recolored Gothita and Gothitelle (but not Gothorita) as well as Landorus. Oh, if you click Landorus in my signature you see all my shiny Pokemon. Little fun fact there~

2mrwu47.png
2wh3znd.png
no6nf7.png

I am also at 1,800 REs at Dragon Spiral Tower. I want to get up to at least 2,300 today.

hello i just saw our amazing pole of star pokemon basicly i have recieved shiny pokemon over wi-fi trades like star colbalion, terrakion, kurem, thundurus, and etc... but im trying to find a shiny virizion, acclegor, tornadus, and landorus. [but not the three legandary event pokemon coming soon]
Star Pokemon sounds a lot better than Shiny Pokemon. lol Makes them seem glamorous.
So yesterday after my triple shiny luck, I catched the chaining bug again I forgot how much I enjoyed it. Before I got to sleep, I was chaining again on route 221 because that's where I got my Girafarig's and yet again shinies. I caught myself 2 nidorina's so I can leave one the way it is and evolve the other into a shiny nidoqueen. I very happy with these ones because they're purple.:) I will edit this post later with pics.
Congrats!
Whats up everyone just wishing everyone good luck on their shiny hunts and congrats on their new shinies. (update) Im shiny hunting near route 1 for a shiny scraggy on my pokemon Black.
Well, thanks for the luck! And good luck to you with your hunt on Route 1!
Whassup ppl.

I'm now hunting for secret shiny target, so far at 138 E. I know, I only started half an hour ago :'(

EDIT: For those who're interested, I do use an Watchog for hunting. Here is it's summary for people who don't know what the "perfect" hunting Watchog is:

(Nature doesn't matter)

(High level)

Those are the very important features:

Item: SMOKE BALL! (so you can always run)
Ability: ILLUMINATE! (raises the likelihood of meeting wild pokémon)
Attacks: HYPNOSIS! (puts the shiny asleep), SUPER FANG! (makes the hp of the shiny go to half) others doesn't matter.
It's like Watchog was intentionally made to be a shiny hunting machine! Good luck on your secret hunt!

Last edited:

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
HOLY S#%@&$@#$%^%$%@#%@$^@#%@#%#^!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29699129.jpg

After 4772 soft resets... so happy :D:D:D:D:D
just lobbed the masterball I didn't use ever since I got it from prof. elm.

Sorry for horrible quality pic. It was fine before I uploaded it into my computer but it turned out like this somehow :\ but WHAT EVER, I'M DONE WITH SOUL SILVER :D

EDIT: it has hasty nature, I guess that's not so bad.

Last edited:
Years
Okay, as some of you may already know, there is a GTS glitch (since I doubt the GTS could be this easily exploited) that currently allows shiny Genosect, Meloetta, and Keldeo to be downloaded to your games. I don't think it's legit, but I downloaded them and am likely to soon release them.

You change your DNS on your Wi-Fi to a certain number (If you want it PM me to ask) your Wi-Fi won't work on your DS for anything except the GTS. Then when you log on you will recieve one of the 3 randomly.
This sounds like DNS poisoning to use an unofficial hax GTS. Most certainly not legit. inb4 no unsupported devices: Please see the Shiny Hunting Manual:
Shiny Hunting Manual said:
Article 4: Legality

Section 1:
An Unsupported Device is defined as any hardware device or data cable which is neither produced by Nintendo or bears their Seal of Approval.

Section 2:
A Pokémon (shiny or otherwise) is considered Illegal if it fails any of the following conditions:
Condition 1: Its data has been generated or modified within the software environment of an Unsupported Device. Examples of this include use of emulators and save file modification.
Condition 2: It was found or altered by interaction between an Unsupported Device and a supported device. Examples of this include modification of the game's RAM via AR, and communications with an Unsupported Device via a supported medium to receive a Pokémon failing Condition 1.
Condition 3: Its acquisition has been hastened through use of such a device to gain knowledge which is otherwise hidden. Examples would include finding your Hidden ID or the contents of Eggs using an Unsupported Device.
Condition 4: It was found via an inactive section of code or ingame event which is normally inaccessible outside of a promotional Event, but has been enabled using an Unsupported Device.
Shiny Hunting Manual said:
Sometimes, a player may wish to perform communication with an Unsupported Device to move an otherwise legal Pokémon into or through it. Provided this Communication does not alter the Pokémon's data in any useful way, this is called Unsupported Transport and does not affect its legality. This means that a Pokémon can be sent to/from a flash reader, or through the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection without losing its Legality.

These magic fake-GTS shinies fail Condition 1.

So I've gotten myself a shiny Cresselia on my Pearl version, after 8,179 SR's. Video:
You know you didn't need to throw the Master Ball. :P Once it's been released, its values have been set and it will be shiny each time you encounter it. Also just wondering, was it shiny in the little box you see before it flies off? I'd speculate not but just making sure...

8179 Cresselia SRs? You must've been at it since D/P's release!

Years
I'm going to try and get a shiny spiritomb. my plan is to get a regular spiritomb on heartgold on the pokewalker, and then transfer it to black and use the masuda method.
will keep this updated. :)

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
HOLY S#%@&$@#$%^%$%@#%@$^@#%@#%#^!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 4772 soft resets... so happy :D:D:D:D:D
just lobbed the masterball I didn't use ever since I got it from prof. elm.

Sorry for horrible quality pic. It was fine before I uploaded it into my computer but it turned out like this somehow :\ but WHAT EVER, I'M DONE WITH SOUL SILVER :D

EDIT: it has hasty nature, I guess that's not so bad.
Congrats on that awesome Dragon!

Also, you probably just saved it as a weird format (or your camera did) which ruined the quality.
This sounds like DNS poisoning to use an unofficial hax GTS. Most certainly not legit. inb4 no unsupported devices: Please see the Shiny Hunting Manual:

These magic fake-GTS shinies fail Condition 1.
This is why discussion of them and the glitch is banned here. (Although stating that they're not legit is fine, so I am not saying you broke the rule)
I'm going to try and get a shiny spiritomb. my plan is to get a regular spiritomb on heartgold on the pokewalker, and then transfer it to black and use the masuda method.
will keep this updated. :)
Just to make sure, your Heart Gold is a different language, right? The reason I am asking is because two Pokemon being from different games is not the Masuda Method.

I am at 2100 encounters. Already thinking about my next hunt. Triple SR for Landorus? :D

Years
Just to make sure, your Heart Gold is a different language, right? The reason I am asking is because two Pokemon being from different games is not the Masuda Method.
oh no that's not what I'm doing, my heartgold is in english, so I wasn't planning on doing it like that. once my spiritomb is on black, I'm going to breed it with my japanese ditto.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
oh no that's not what I'm doing, my heartgold is in english, so I wasn't planning on doing it like that. once my spiritomb is on black, I'm going to breed it with my japanese ditto.
Oh, alright then. Well, best of luck to you, and Spiritomb says good luck too!

whk41l.png

Got to 2300 for my hunt~

AntiZero

Remember?
Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
So on White, seeing as how I already caught all the soft resettable Pokemon, I'm going to RE on Route 14. I like all the shinies there. :)

As for my SS starter hunt, I'm taking a break now, I'm at 5782 SRs. Ugh.

Back