• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It takes over 3 hours to pronounce!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
Found something interesting, thought I'd share.

The longest word in the English language (disputed) has 189,819 letters & takes over three & half hours to pronounce. Its the chemical name for Titin & you can find the whole word here:-

http://www.digitalspy.com/fun/news/...89819-letters-takes-three-hours-to-pronounce/

I would want everyone to stand up & applaud the courage of this brave gentleman who had way too much spare time & was actually crazy enough to pronounce the whole word, in one go (unfortunately, the poor flower couldn't survive the pronunciation).

Spoiler:

Pika Pika :chu:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
i actually skipped to a couple places in the middle and then to the end :P

who the heck would come up with this? whats the point lol

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
i actually skipped to a couple places in the middle and then to the end :P

who the heck would come up with this? whats the point lol

Well, if you want a serious answer...

We didn't really come up with it. That one "word" is a mesh of several thousand smaller ones (which you can see if you look closely) which give the sequence of amino acids (the individual building blocks of a protein) in a protein called Titin - a protein obviously designed by nature; hence, we didn't make this word. In the real world, no biologist would ever describe Titin or any other protein of any notable length like this; it's really clunky, difficult to interpret, and there are much more concise and informative ways of describing a protein.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back