• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Level Script Text Glitches

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Whenever I enter the area and the level script runs, it does everything and then gets into a loop of glitched text with no way to close it or move. It seems to work fine without the msgbox script.

My AdvanceMap level script settings and a screenshot of the glitched text are attached below. Please note I have added JPAN's extension for safe flags and variables, and I've tried other variables, so I'm sure that's not the problem.

Here's my script:
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x80120F
spriteface 0xFF 0x2
msgbox 0x8801222 MSG_NORMAL '"The door slammed shut!"
setvar 0x5422 0x1
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x801222
= The door slammed shut!

Attachments

• glitch.PNG
    glitch.PNG
    23.6 KB · Views: 5
  • whyyy.PNG
    whyyy.PNG
    4.3 KB · Views: 4
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Whenever I enter the area and the level script runs, it does everything and then gets into a loop of glitched text with no way to close it or move. It seems to work fine without the msgbox script.

My AdvanceMap level script settings and a screenshot of the glitched text are attached below. Please note I have added JPAN's extension for safe flags and variables, and I've tried other variables, so I'm sure that's not the problem.

Here's my script:
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x80120F
spriteface 0xFF 0x2
msgbox 0x8801222 MSG_NORMAL '"The door slammed shut!"
setvar 0x5422 0x1
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x801222
= The door slammed shut!

This is a common problem with advancemap, check this tutorial on how to fix it manually: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191500

Back