• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pok?mon Academy Life (Visual Novel) - DEMO v1.0.3a LIVE

How should characters be associated with Pokémon types?

• With their signature Pokémon (if any)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Based on their personalities

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
Years
No, it was never stated there wasn't a May-oriented route.
Hi, just wanted to say what an awesome job you and the others are doing with creating this game!

I have one question though, will the main character be able to romantically pursue female characters who have an implied relationship with others (an example being May)?
There will be opportunities to check out what's with May and Brendan later on in the game as their relationship will be a focal point if you decide to pursue that story.

We haven't shown what other preexisting character relationships there are so you can look forward to that.

vampiricrogue

skydemonairpirates
Years

There will be opportunities to check out what's with May and Brendan later on in the game as their relationship will be a focal point if you decide to pursue that story.

We haven't shown what other preexisting character relationships there are so you can look forward to that.

Or you can just change that due to popular demand.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015

Alright, thanks for answering my question! :D

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
Can someone help me I'm trying to open it but... it always says ... well some weird error or python27.dll is missing but it's there and I've extracted all the files?

VisualJae

Years
Can someone help me I'm trying to open it but... it always says ... well some weird error or python27.dll is missing but it's there and I've extracted all the files?
If you extract the contents into a folder, don't touch anything else. Meaning don't move any files at all. Run the executable in the folder itself.

Delete the folder you extracted and/or touched. Extract the files again to its destination and run the game from there.

Otherwise there shouldn't be an issue. It's a simple matter of extract, open folder, double click the executable. There's no need to do anything else.

VisualJae

Years
Gonna put this here for those who don't follow the game on Game Jolt:

The new year is right around the corner (or already there for those on the Eastern side of the world)! We've made a lot of progress in the last three plus months so we're looking forward to seeing how much we can accomplish in a full year.

Here's what you can expect in 2016. Note: we'd like to do our best to stick with the plans, but you know how things can change so don't hold us to it ;)

The next demo update: We're still on pace for an updated demo (version 1.02) in late January. Considering how we set a late November launch for the first prologue demo and ended up releasing it instead in the first week of December, don't be surprised if we decide to push the next update out in early February instead. For content you can expect in the next update, see here.

Post-1.02 updates: Once we get the next demo version out, you can expect visual updates to slow down (you might have noticed it's slowed down already). That's because we're almost done with the essential character art and the basic backgrounds. The majority of content then will be story-based, which means we won't be sharing much info for spoiler reasons. Questions revolving around plot and characters will not be answered. We might throw out a couple of hints here and there, but don't expect us to address any specific details.

Character art livestream: Our character artist has been working hard, so be sure to check out his progress on his new Twitch channel: http://twitch.tv/dmjh93. He tries to stream every day around 9 p.m. ET (varies), so check in around then or follow PokémonVisual on Twitter for news. You can ask about art techniques, what his thoughts are on game development, etc.

As always, feedback and bug reports are encouraged, so if you have something to share, do share it.

Here's to 2016!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 29, 2017
Hey man I just emailed you asking if you want extra hands. This is soared to the top of my favourite Pokemon game and I've been playing since Red&Blue! The character development is great and a question, when you're first introduced to Brendan it says he is checking himself out, is that a hint to his manga counter part Ruby? BC he liked his looks and such

VisualJae

Years
hello are this project Dead? I hope not since I love this game very much

Far from it. Most of the work is going into writing right now, which we're obviously not going to share because that's the meat of a visual novel in the first place.

I'm going to be posting fewer completed art assets here because the majority of the characters are done.

But here's Rosa (from Pokemon Black 2 / White 2) from last night.

rnRMpBI.png

We have Nate completed as well, but he's currently undergoing some additional revisions. So I guess that answers this person's question:
Are there going to be the characters from Black 2 and White 2 since Cheren and Bianca's designs are from B2 and W2?

vampiricrogue

skydemonairpirates
Years
Far from it. Most of the work is going into writing right now, which we're obviously not going to share because that's the meat of a visual novel in the first place.

I'm going to be posting fewer completed art assets here because the majority of the characters are done.

But here's Rosa (from Pokemon Black 2 / White 2) from last night.

rnRMpBI.png

We have Nate completed as well, but he's currently undergoing some additional revisions. So I guess that answers this person's question:

Another instance where my recordings come in handy. Fantastic ^.^

Glad i am contributing in some way.''Also here is todays recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9JQ-ws2v5M

VisualJae

Years
We actually record the videos locally (higher quality and easier to edit), but you're more than welcome to continue saving your own.

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
Oh god... I'm not a fan of this type of games... But this one used Captivate and it's Super Effective... o.O

When I have a chance, I'll give a try

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 6, 2016
Downloaded it today after watching NateWantsToBattle's LP of it and played through every character dialogue option. I must say that I am losing, and will continue to lose my mind until the official release of this game.

Hilbert is my favorite character by far. His appearance during the orientation was pure gold, and I nearly died laughing when he just left. I really hope you have more planned for him!

I think it's awesome that both of my Poke-Waifus each share one of my two favorite types: Steel and Dark, and I look forward to developing deeper relationships with the two of them.

All-in-all, fantastic! I tweeted at you already earlier, and I will be following threads and twitter religiously for this game's release. Excellent game so far, I'm very excited!

Back