• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What was (or is) your favorite pokemon to train in FRLG

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 19, 2014
charmeleon was super fun to trade because it is my favorite design and going through the game with charmeleon is hard to not evolve it into a charizard

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Probably Pidgey.

#Moment when you realize the perfect way to evolve Pidgeotto is in Erika's Gym
#Moment when you realize the fighting dojo is a joke with Pidgeot
#Moment when you realize Pidgeot is damn easy to train

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2014
Growlithe to Arcanine will always be one of my favorites

PichuRules4ever

The TF2 Pyro
Years
Definitely Charmander! It took a while to beat Brock and Misty, but it was worth all the grinding. I had a Charizard that destroyed every gym in its path. The Grass type gym was actually set on fire from Charizard's Flamethrower, but we took our badge and ran before the Officer Jennys came. :t004: :t005: :t006:

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Mines had to be Larvitar, I just thought he was so awesome and at the end of all my hard work, I was rewarded with Tyranitar, who was amazing.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I like training Meowth early on in the game, with PickUp as an ability and access to the move Pay Day, they're super useful!

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I really loved training my Meowth/Persian. It ended up being a really reliable part of my team.

I also loved training my Butterfree which I leveled up to Lvl 100 because it was ironic :P

Giant Magikarp

I like Iris...
Years
115.gif

Kangaskhan
-Double Edge
-Shadow Ball
-Earthquake
-Rest

143.gif

Shiny Snorlax
-Body Slam
-Earthquake
-Shadow Ball
-Rest

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
Probably Charmander. It was my starter, and I liked the Gen I starters. Sure, conquering certain gyms was a bit of a challenge, but at the end of the day, the enthusiasm of a 5 year old and her starter conquers all...

Years
Of course training with my favorite Pokemon Vulpix and Ninetales. The moment when I make the troll moveset is just priceless.

Emfg

Ohlong
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 8, 2023
My Raikou was my favourite. Unfortunately I totally messed him up because I wasn't aware of EVs and IVs etc so I just trained him through the Elite Four and at other trainers which gave most exp LOL.

My ditto was fun to see level up aswell. I had put him into the daycare center to breed the heck out of him. I caught him at like lvl 50, and he has been lvled up to about 82-ish just because of the daycare center.

That ditto must have loved his life. xD

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Dratini ofc, it was hard training him but when he evolves, you will realize it was worth the training!

Years
For me was 2.

a) Abra. Once he evolve into kadraba was great to beat a lot of pokes with a simple confusion or pysich was so cool.

b) Dragonite: I remember when i obtain a dratini i trained him even in the end of the journey just for have a dragonite in my team. i like this pokemon since apeared he appeared in the orange islands.

H0tB3ans

What is Sylveon?~
Years
Dratini.

It may be a pain in the butt cheek to train, but once it is fully evolved, it's da' boss! :)

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
1. Charmander
2. Bulbasaur
3. Pikachu
4. Dratini
5. Squirtle

All 4 of the Kanto starters are a joy to train up and the pay off you get after training up a Dratini is incredible.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I definitely find Dratini to be the most rewarding pokémon to raise, and also the most tricky. Namely because it's so weak in comparison to everything else when you get it, and although it soon enough evolves into Dragonair, then its most powerful move is usually Slam, with acts as if it has about 20% accuracy for me :/
And when I eventually get it to the stage of Dragonite, it's so fun destroying the fighting-type trainers outside of the Spa on One Island to get it strong enough to take on the re-trained Elite Four :)

Charmander's also pretty rewarding to train. It has a really hard time against gyms (you practically need a Charmeleon before Metal Claw can take on Brock) to start with, but eventually you get a Fire/Flying behemoth with good speed and both attack stats being usable. So after being weak to gyms 1 and 2, neutral against 3 it finds itself super-effective against 4, neutral against 5,6,7, and immune to the main type of 8 :)

Back