• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Solo Challenge

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Unfortunately, all ultimate challenges require a game from generation 7 as there's no generation 6 championships in this thread. I added your challenge to the ultimate challengers list for now but if for some reason you don't want to add alola to your challenge I can move the challenges over to single championships.

That'll be fine, I have no intention of ever buying or playing a generation 7 game.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Have two other single challenge sign-ups, have started both and will update again when they're complete.

Username: TheCrystalFlaaffy
Partner Pokemon: Beedrill
Challenge: Single
Game: Red
Previous Progress: No

Username: TheCrystalFlaaffy
Partner Pokemon: Pidgeot
Game: Yellow

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
So I believe this will be the first solo run I'm signing up for since my long awaited name change (from KoboraX to what I have now). Am I abandoning my Gen 2 solo run quest? Of course not. But, one must learn to take a break from getting screwed by Red's Snorlax once a week or so. Probably longer because password issues happened, so ye. Anyway, my excuses aside, let's sign up for a run.

Username: BlissyMKW
Partner Pokemon: Pikachu
Game(s): Sapphire

Furret is still on the hitlist for G/S/C, but someone on another site challenged me to do a Pikachu solo, so here we are. It's probably going to be Amphy v2, let's be honest here.

EDIT: Pikachu solo has been completed. I have no shame in using X items to get past Drake and Steven because fear of Earthquake destroying me.

025.png

Sunshine (Pikachu) Lv. 73 @ Magnet
Nature: Adamant (Because of course, I have to always get terrible natures)
Ability: Static
Moves: Thunderbolt, Dig, Strength, Double Team

8cec2fce4f054ca59a3046414ea0b4d9.png

So now, let's get back to those Gen 2 solos, shall we?

Username: BlissyMKW
Partner Pokemon: Furret
Game(s): Gold

Last edited:
Years
I didn't even know that there was a new thread started xD Haven't had much time for these but I did manage to finish a few more on Gold, Silver and Crystal and one more on Red Randomizer-

1)Beedril- I am pretty sure that I completed this one on Crystal if I remember correctly- it was fairly easy especially after I got Sludge bomb ^^
Spoiler:

Final stats:
015.gif

Maya|Female|Lvl 85|@Amulet Coin
Sludge Bomb
Return
Swift
Pursuit​

2. Donphan- pretty sure that this one was also done on Crystal- it was fairly easy after I got earthquake but before that it was a tad bit hard with mud slap D:
Spoiler:

232.gif

Blue|Male|Lvl 83|@Ice Berry
Headbutt
Strength
Rollout
Earthquake​

3)Ursaring- another one done on Crystal- I had so much fun with elemental punches :D
Spoiler:

217.gif

Tea|Female|Lvl 70|@Pink Bow
Return
Fire Punch
Thunderpunch
Ice Punch​

4. Dunsparce- did this one on red randomizer and it was fun for sure :D
Spoiler:

206.gif

Salamender|Lvl 74
Thunderbolt
Tri Attack
Earthquake
Ice Beam​

Last edited:

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
I will now start my quest of doing all Fully-Evolved Alola Pokedex Pokemon in Sun/Moon.

I've already started with Necrozma (currently on the second island). I just hacked it in at level 5 at the beginning with his proper moves at this point.
I obviously don't expect you to add all Pokemon after my name on the challenger list, so you can just put "Volga - All FE Pokemon" or something like that.

And three questions:

1. For future reference, where would the cutoff be for S/M in the trading in a stone for evolution rule?

2. And does Pelago count? (You get Pelago after beating the 3rd trial, 4th if you count grand trials)
*I assume it doesn't, because you need 45 Pokemon in your boxes to get stones from Isle Aphun, but I'm still asking to be sure.

3. I can't remember and I don't see it specified in the rules, are HA's are allowed for traded-in Eggs?

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
And three questions:

1. For future reference, where would the cutoff be for S/M in the trading in a stone for evolution rule?

2. And does Pelago count? (You get Pelago after beating the 3rd trial, 4th if you count grand trials)
*I assume it doesn't, because you need 45 Pokemon in your boxes to get stones from Isle Aphun, but I'm still asking to be sure.

3. I can't remember and I don't see it specified in the rules, are HA's are allowed for traded-in Eggs?
For questions 1 & 2 I would say hacking or trading in evolution items would be allowed after unlocking Poke Pelago. That way the person playing would have to wait until their far enough in the game to obtain them normally but don't have to go through the hassle of filling their box and waiting hours upon hours for their Pokemon to find the stone they need.

And for question 3 I would say hidden abilities are fine so long as it's been officially released so that it's still legit.

I updated to OP to help clarify these rules :]

Last edited:

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Hey, just one suggestion for the optional end-point of Sun/Moon.

Instead of fighting all possible challengers of the Elite Four, which can get very repetitive and annoying imo. It should be to complete the Ultra Beast Side-Story, then go through the post-game exclusive parts of Poni Island and beat Red or Blue at the Battle Tree (just the normal entrance battle, not getting 20 streak in the tree itself lol).

Years
Username: Flame999
Partner Pokemon: Growlithe
Game(s): Sun

Username: Flame999
Partner Pokemon: Fennekin
Game(s): X

Update on Sun 1
Started Pokemon Sun chose the Water starter traveled to Route 2 caught growlithe cleared the first trial defeated Hala with some pokemon to take hits to help me beat him
now on the way to second trial

Last edited:

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
Years
Just a decent size update/sign-up

Rapidash Solo is complete. Houndoom Ultimate is 5 badges in Alpha Sapphire. I had quite a fear in the first Archie fight, but no Aqua Jets happened.

Username: ShinyHoundoom
Partner Pokemon: Nidoking & Metagross
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): Fire Red, HeartGold, Alpha Sapphire, Platinum, Black 2, X, Sun

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
Sign-Up Form
Username: Andrew
Partner Pokemon: Pikachu
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): Yellow | SoulSilver | Alpha Sapphire | Platinum | White | X | Sun
Previous Progress: Yes! Most recent (if you can call over a year ago recent) update here. However, I've completed SoulSilver since then so I now have Yellow and SoulSilver done.

SoulSilver Update:
Long (long long) time since my last update, where I was only at the 3rd Johto Gym. Got busy with life and only played on and off. Finally beat SoulSilver last night. Don't remember much of Johto other than the E4 were a struggle. Kanto was a breeze until Blue who has quite a few pokemon with Earthquake which is a OHKO. Had to utilize revives and Iron Tail spam to take him down. Took 20+ tries but I finally did it. I tried taking on Red a few times but pretty much everything is a OHKO on Pikachu so I'm not sure if it's even possible. Decided to give up there since the challenge is technically done. Think I'm going to play White next since it's the game I've played the least and it'll be fun to re-experience it.

Final SoulSilver Stats
025.png

Yunachu
ShinyVStar.png
, Level 88 (Mild)
Thunder | Strength | Iron Tail | Dig
Spoiler:

Pokemon White Update
Got started on White today and played quite a bit. Yunachu has been steamrolling the game so far. Only had to grind a bit before the 2nd gym, but for the most part Thunder Wave and Electro Ball combo has been taking out everything in my path. I'm up to Clay now who is presenting the first real challenge so far. Took him on a few times and haven't been able to get passed Palpitoad, so I'm going to grind and give it another go tomorrow.

Current White Stats
025.png

Yunachu
ShinyVStar.png
, Level 37 (Modest)
Electro Ball | Thunder Wave | Slam | Dig
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
Made a lot of progress since my last update. Been meaning to write this update for a while but just haven't gotten around to it until now. I've beaten White and Alpha Sapphire over the last week.

Pokemon White Update
White was pretty much a breeze until the end game, which is a pretty common theme in these solo runs. I take out the first 6 or 7 gyms super quickly and then get stuck on the last gym and E4+Champion because of how easily Pikachu gets OHKO'd. Regardless, I was eventually able to take down the E4 and N and Ghetsis basically by spamming swagger and praying Pikachu didn't get hit. I jumped in to AS pretty much right away after beating White.

Forgot to mention! I forgot to pop a repel and ended up running in to a shiny Shelmet! Pretty incredible considering it's the first time I've ran in to a shiny in the wild and I almost always use repels on these runs so I don't encounter wild pokemon often. I couldn't believe it.

Final White Stats (plus Shiny Shelmet!)
025.gif

Yunachu
ShinyVStar.png
, Level 73 (Modest)
Rain Dance | Thunder | Swagger| Brick Break
Spoiler:

Pokemon AlphaSapphire Update
AlphaSapphire was probably my easiest run yet. The first gym was a pain due to basically only being able to use Quick Attack against Geodudes, but eventually I was able to brute force it and take down Roxanne. The rest of the game was super easy as I had either neutral typing or a type advantage for most of it. Ironically my biggest challenge was May and her Swampert. I thought I was smart by choosing torchic so May would choose the water type, but I played myself by forgetting that Mudkip becomes Water Ground. But the E4 and even the Champion were relatively easy compared to previous games. Double Team spam made it almost impossible for me to be hit, even by Earthquake which always OHKO's me, and I was able to Thunder or Brick Break my way through everything. Only 3 gens to go! Getting started on Platinum next!

Final AlphaSapphire Stats
025.gif

Yunachu
ShinyVStar.png
, Level 66 (Modest)
Electro Ball | Brick Break | Thunder | Double Team
Spoiler:

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
I'll be doing a Beedrill ultimate, inspired by Game Grumps' "Buntd,".

I've started Y, and I bred a Weedle since I'll probably need the help from the IVs and nature, I also super trained it (in the challenge game of course) to max in Attack and Speed, with 4 in HP.
I last saved at Route 27, right after the Battle Chateau scene.

Beedrill Lv.23 @ Poison Barb
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Swarm
- Pursuit
- Poison Sting
- Twineedle
- Return

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
So remember how I said after I dragged my soul across the concrete at the end of the Ledian solo that I'd do the Furret solo I planned to do after Noctowl, then completely forgot about it for the longest time and instead did the Gen 3 Pikachu solo that is nowhere near as dreadful as that Luvdisc solo I did already? Well, I finally stopped being a lazy stizh and got started on it.

162.png

Speedy (Furret) Lv. 37 @ Nothing
Moves: Strength, Defense Curl, Quick Attack, Mud-Slap

I'm on the way to Cianwood. Surprisingly, I haven't taught this one any elemental punches even though that's a normal strategy for me with these Gen 2 solos. I'll probably attempt to get this run done by the end of the week, but I need to catch up on recordings, so no promises.

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
Years
okay so in the past night I have grinded out a Venusaur solo challenge, and I plan on doing a lot more of the Kanto ones

Venusaur was surprisingly easy, and aside from the stupid moves i've made where i accidentally deleted razor leaf because of my emulator's speedups and other similar things that were my own fault

Here's the final pokemon

3.PNG

Venusaur
Level 74
- Mega Drain
- Body Slam
- Solarbeam
- Sleep Powder

as for my proof, here's the imgur album of screenshots
Venusaur Proof

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Surprise, I finished Charizard! speedups on an emulator are really a godsend! This one was pretty easy and some battles I thought would be hard ended up being really easy, like Brock and Misty.

Here's the final Charizard

6.PNG

Charizard
Level 75
- Slash
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake
- Double Team

I never once used double team, and Slash was the move of choice for me.

Here's the proof in an imgur album again
Charizard Proof
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guess what? I finished Blastoise as well!
Blastoise was about the same as Charizard and once you follow the formula and route I kind of have set it feels pretty easy to beat the game quick and easily. I am interested to see how it works with Butterfree and Beedrill which are the next two pokemon I will be soloing. It should most definitely be harder to do those, but I'm not convinced it will be too much of a challenge with speedups.

Anyways here's the final Blastoise

9.PNG

Blastoise
Level 77
- Surf
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Blizzard

As for the proof
Blastoise Proof

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Man this thread is kinda dead, I wonder what happened to the Solo challenge, it used to be one of the most popular? Anyways, I am back with more Solo's completed, this time it's Butterfree!
Butterfree was a lot more easy than I anticipated, but was still more of a challenge than I imagined. I had to grind to a Butterfree before I could even enter Viridian Forest, and after that it was still really frail. It didn't have any issues offensively for the first part of the challenge (barring psychic types) but it did die a lot, and made me restart a few dungeons that I didn't feel like starting over. Once it got Double Edge in the Rocket Hideout it was smooth sailing, I didn't face any challenges really. I do tend to overlevel my pokemon a little bit and Psychic was kind of overpowered in Gen 1. Anyways, enough rambling, here's how it turned out.

12.PNG

Butterfree
Level 76
- Psychic
- Mega Drain
- Double-Edge
- Sleep Powder

Mega drain is also a pretty underrated move and people should give it more credit, especially in gen 1.
Here's the Usual Imgur Album Butterfree Proof

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, what a surprise, I have no life and have completed 5 solo challenges in the course of 24 hours, and that has included things like eating, sleeping and the time I have spent away from the game doing other things. I skipped Beedrill because I determined that it was impossible because of his horrible moveset, stats, and typing. Beedrill has been named the worst pokemon in all of Generation 1. Pidgeot on the other hand I have completed the Solo Challenge for. Pidgeot was harder than I anticipated. It's lack of moves outside of STAB was very frustrating at times, and completely crippled me against rock types to the point where I had to just brute force through them. Outside of the Rock types, Pidgeot was meh at best. He was by far the worst pokemon I have completed so far, but I envision that he won't be the worst one I have to deal with in my quest to do a lot of Kanto Solos.

18.PNG

Pidgeot
Level 75
- Quick Attack
- Fly
- Sand-Attack
- Mirror Move

and as always, here is the proof Pidgeot Proof

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay! Raticate done! Raticate was a lot easier than I thought because of his movepool diversity. I think that's what makes these challenges easy or hard is their ability to take on every pokemon at once. Rats shooting out bubbles or lightning bolts is pretty funny to think about actually. Anyways, I've rambled enough in all of these little synopsises so here we go

20.PNG

Raticate
Level 77
- Body Slam
- Thunderbolt
- Bubblebeam
- Blizzard (was dig until the Lance fight)

As per usual here's the Imgur Album of Raticate Proof

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Hey everyone, I know I've been sort of neglecting this challenge for a little while and haven't been updating the OP but I'm here to let you know I'm back and ready get things going again! I'm not going to update the OP right no because of procrastination but I'll be more productive tomorrow. Until then I did a small solo with Beedrill in Red, just a single challenge I started a while ago but never got around to finishing until just now.

Challenge
Spoiler:
f4VUbki.png
3R0N4hH.png

015.png

Suzumebachi
Level 76
Poison Sting | Pin Missile | Double-Edge | Swords Dance​

metroid711

Thumbs up~
Years
Yo!
This looked interesting so ill sign up

Username: metroid711
Partner Pokemon: Metagross
Game: Fire Red
Previous Progress:No

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Finished up another solo I started a while back but never got around to.

Challenge
Spoiler:
lW1t7wQ.png
hXrpqUM.png

Spr_1y_018.png

Stardust
Level 78
Gust | Wing Attack | Double-Edge | Fly​

SirDolan

Relicanth ❤
Years
Game 1
Username: SirDolan
Partner Pokémon: Venusaur
Challenge: (Single or Ultimate) Single
Game(s): FireRed
Previous Progress: (Yes or No) No

And the FireRed Saga arrives! I'm gonna try a very unmotivated challenge with every pokémon in the dex. I have far too much free time on my hands. I was going to do an Emerald solo, but the game refused to cooperate.

Done!

Finished Fire Red

file:///C:/Users/Student/Pictures/Fire%20Red%20Solo%20Run%20Finished.PNG

Here is the link.

You'll have to copy and paste it.

It was fun!

Might have to do it again sometime!

Cheers!

That's a link to a personal file, no one is going to be able to see it. The best thing to do is to upload the image to imgurr or another online service and send us the link/put the image in your post that way.

Last edited:
Back