• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Pyrite

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
The filesize is due to all of the music being in mp3 format. I am not apologizing for it. The only reason its in 3 parts, is because I couldn't find a free upload site that could handle a file with more than 100 MB so I had winRAR split it. I expect a new demo will be available fairly soon.

I'm not making any promises, but with any luck, it will be by the end of this month.

here is a solution to your uploading problem, http://filefront.com they should allow 600mb per upload...

thepsynergist

A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region
Years
I've spent so long on this game and I haven't found time to update this thread. Oh, I'll start this up again.

Update: 7/10/10

I will release a new demo that vastly reworks the battle system, graphics, and all music. Also, here's a list of new features that I added.

-New Vs. Screens, just like in Platinum and HGSS.
-Made an ingame map, so the PokeGear is functional.
-Updated all sprites to 160x160 and allowed the use of animated battle pokemon.
-Added a fully animated intro movie, anime style.
-Used a new title screen, thanks to Rocko-the-Taco.
-Playable up until just after the 5th gym leader, where you get another quest to find and stop the Mask of Ice.
-Added a Pokemon, Xiades, brother of Arceus, and a story arc that will blow you away. (Think H.P. Lovecraft.)
-I will try to keep this thread posted more often, and I will update the main page with more screenies and movies when I get the chance.

I will be uploading the demo in one large chunk on FileFront, rather than in 4 parts on Mediafire. This will solve a lot of confusion people have been having trying to get my game to work. The file at the moment spans at about 400mb, so I hope you have access to internet that can download that in less than a day :P (remembers dialup...*shudders*)

Have a good day PokeCommunity, I'll keep you posted.

thepsynergist

Years
Thank you. Pokemon Essentials has been giving me trouble, every time i think to put something awesome in. Lol, but I managed to fix all the crashing errors. So that's good. I'm just alpha testing it to make sure there aren't any major probs to prevent people from progressing in the game.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Thank you. Pokemon Essentials has been giving me trouble, every time i think to put something awesome in. Lol, but I managed to fix all the crashing errors. So that's good. I'm just alpha testing it to make sure there aren't any major probs to prevent people from progressing in the game.

Y'know, I've been having problems too. The playtest won't even work anymore and I haven't even changed anything in the script. I'm hoping when I find a scripter, he/she can figure out the problem.

I'm actually looking forward to this update/demo. I'm pretty interested in seeing this anime-styled intro.

thepsynergist

Years
Thank you, my demo is being delayed slightly due to my sprite artist taking extra time working on the second frames of animation for the Kyushu Fakemon. He only has the back sprites to work on so it should be ready in a few days. I'll post a download link as soon as I get those sprites in.

CyberSamurai

Devoted Battler
Years
I liked all the cool fakemon that you have put in. Cant wait for the full game! it'll definitely be waaay better than the other games out right now!

thepsynergist

Years
Awesome. :D I'm glad that people like this game. And don't worry, I fully intend, without a shadow of a doubt, to finish this game. In its entirety. It'll just take a while as its a 2 man project. My sprite artist, and me doing everything else. :P

rescuecp

Redhead :P
Years
I have a question. When it talks about the shrubs in the gym, what do you have to do, to continue? Thanks,
Gabe Miller

By the way, LOVE the game. My favorite game!

Last edited:

thepsynergist

Years
I have a question. When it talks about the shrubs in the gym, what do you have to do, to continue? Thanks,
Gabe Miller

By the way, LOVE the game. My favorite game!

Read it again, it says "scrubs". As in noobs, or other bad players :P.

Yeah, what I did was make a YTP reference with Sean saying, "After you floor all the scrubs in my gym..."

The original quote was, "After you scrub all the floors in Hyrule..."

So, it was a pun. But yeah, just beat all the trainers in his gym to continue.

thepsynergist

Years
Good news everyone! The slime is flowing again...

JK, anyway, my sprite artist just game me the back sprites for my game and I should get my demo up before the end of the week. I'll keep you posted.

CyberSamurai

Devoted Battler
Years
ive had a kinda-of bug. i walked into a pkmn center while holding a button, i think it was x or y, and when i walked in the nurse immediately said you Pokemon have been healed to full health, please come again. and my Pokemon were at full health. not saying it was a bad thing though. it saved me like 5-6 seconds =P

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
ive had a kinda-of bug. i walked into a pkmn center while holding a button, i think it was x or y, and when i walked in the nurse immediately said you Pokemon have been healed to full health, please come again. and my Pokemon were at full health. not saying it was a bad thing though. it saved me like 5-6 seconds =P

gotta love bugs like that :D

Back