• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding new evolution methods [FR]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 3, 2021
So how would I go about adding the item held item ones into a rom then? I can't really do much with regards to hex but if there is an editor out there that includes this or even if all of the ones so far were put into a base rom?

Last edited:
Years
So how would I go about adding the item held item ones into a rom then? I can't really do much with regards to hex but if there is an editor out there that includes this or even if all of the ones so far were put into a base rom?

You mean held items? You can use any item editor to replace "?????????" items with held item. Follow this tutorial but not the last part (doing item to do something), we don't need it. Then open G3HS, and set held item evolution method on Pokemon that you want to evolve with it, and also choose your newly created item.

mrtienduc1999

Banned
Years
Uk... I think we can write a asm code to replace evolution stones into evolution items. I viewed a topic, it show to me how to create a new evolution stones, but i dont understand it. If we create a method: evolution items: items use out of battle: potions, stones, ..etc..., we will not create a new stone. I Think it's simpler.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Thanks a lot for your attention and testing. The new evolutions won't work because I have had expanded the number of evolution by G3HS. Kearnseyboy6 had been mentioned early but I missed it out.

I updated this before you posted but maybe you missed it, this wasn't in the OP until I while ago:

NOTE: If you have used the "Changed Number of Evolutions per MON'" button on G3HS, these routines ain't going to work.

Assemble them anyway and change the .bin file accordingly.

Quote:
8 evolutions per mon: Change F0 19 to 70 00
16 evolutions per mon: Change F0 19 to B0 00
32 evolutions per mon: Change F0 19 to F0 00
Try that :)

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
I dont understand personality value, but i think it has PID < 4 and it's a male or female. So if we use PID, we will have some problems with logic lol :D i hope you understand!

Nearly, if the PID has a value less than the gender value in the pokemon stats table, then it's female or male I think. So doing a compare is quite achievable and I'll have it written up in a day or so.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Uk... I think we can write a asm code to replace evolution stones into evolution items. I viewed a topic, it show to me how to create a new evolution stones, but i dont understand it. If we create a method: evolution items: items use out of battle: potions, stones, ..etc..., we will not create a new stone. I Think it's simpler.

Creating new stones can be done here:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296729

If you want the gender check for gallade and froslass... I haven't broken down the stone routine yet so I can't do it! And it seems really difficult to accopmlish! I'll try it soon!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 3, 2021
You mean held items? You can use any item editor to replace "?????????" items with held item. Follow (icant post urls yet) but not the last part (doing item to do something), we don't need it. Then open G3HS, and set held item evolution method on Pokemon that you want to evolve with it, and also choose your newly created item.

I was meaning, for example, is there a way I can make it so for onix to evolve it needs to level up holding metal coat?

Years
I was meaning, for example, is there a way I can make it so for onix to evolve it needs to level up holding metal coat?

Then, in G3HS simply set evolution by level-up holding an item for Onix.

If you want the gender check for gallade and froslass... I haven't broken down the stone routine yet so I can't do it! And it seems really difficult to accopmlish! I'll try it soon!

You might make evolution method such as Burmy's (females to Wormadam, males to Mothim), because you already made routines with level check, so it might be simplier for you.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 3, 2021
I'm completely lost by this. Starting from scratch how do I make it so that if Onix is holding the metal coat and levels up he evolves to steelix?

I can just about get my head around hex but this ASM lark? I'm lost, I know its doable as I have seen it on heartgold hacks

Years
I'm completely lost by this. Starting from scratch how do I make it so that if Onix is holding the metal coat and levels up he evolves to steelix?

I can just about get my head around hex but this ASM lark? I'm lost, I know its doable as I have seen it on heartgold hacks

Okay, so now I will explain all. First, compile 4th (for night evolution) or 5th (for day evolution) ASM routine in kearnseyboy6's list in first post. Then, to make these routines work, you must follow tutorial (finding evolution routine, repointing it changing limiters and setting new evolution method in G3HS's ini). Because they need day and night system, implement it to rom (the best for begginers is primedialga's DNS). And then, in G3HS, set evolution to Onix. And only after all of this evolution will work.
Besides, this tutorial is really simple. Idk why you getting it so hard.
P.S. If you don't know how to compile and insert ASM routine, find tutorial somewhere. I'm not going to teach you this.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 3, 2021
So frustrating, I have tried it but now I can't open my ROM in . I guess I'll have to hope for a program that can do this as I clearly have no chance

Last edited:
Years
So frustrating, I have tried it but now I can't open my ROM in . I guess I'll have to hope for a program that can do this as I clearly have no chance

Okay, I hope you made backup or copy of your rom. Send me PM with your ips patch for rom (if you don't know what is that, simply PM me). And also send me your G3HS ini, so I can include all new evolution methods. Then, I will send you ips patch with all evolution methods. Simple.

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
Years
Okay, I hope you made backup or copy of your rom. Send me PM with your ips patch for rom (if you don't know what is that, simply PM me). And also send me your G3HS ini, so I can include all new evolution methods. Then, I will send you ips patch with all evolution methods. Simple.

May You please publish the ips with all the evo methods here? just thought it'll ease up for many people

Years
Thanks! I will remove that main... Silly me :)

I have tried the Day time Item Hold Induced Evolution routine, it won't works anymore. The "main" no need to remove, it must be change to "loop". Like the following:

Spoiler:

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
I have tried the Day time Item Hold Induced Evolution routine, it won't works anymore. The "main" no need to remove, it must be change to "loop".

There should be no need to change that, I left the main in by accident. because the code doesn't even reference 'main' anywhere means that it isn't necessary. IIRC the 'main' at the start is just convention and good habitat; if you were to loop back there then it's necessary.

Your error might be the evolution expander in G3HS, as Doesn't slightly altered the game's routine I use, so just follow the instructions in the OP :)

Back