• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Leafgreen2itsmyidea

Pokémon Master
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2013
I like game but difficult it is,Graphics cool and I like those.
Great Scripting spriting great too,few except
Overall As: I'l give hack of you a score average of :83/100
(Remember my Vocabulary has Grown but Grammar has not grown,I'm not englian.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
IMPORTANT:

Posting another updated rom to the main post now that allows you to enter the pokecenter in dread swamp. Sorry about that. Since Atif re-maped the early areas in the hack, movement positions and warps were bound to be out of place. But that should be the last one. I'd say, by the weekend all of these minor errors will be gone.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2013
I'm having a trouble with the encounter with Sydney when she battles you in the pokecenter, everytime I fight her the screen goes black and doesn't go to the fight animation. This leaves me with basically running to the daycare to heal my pokemon for 100 bucks each while I do the ship. Any chance of being able to fix that? that is based off the latest version downloaded as 5 minutes ago.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I'm having a trouble with the encounter with Sydney when she battles you in the pokecenter, everytime I fight her the screen goes black and doesn't go to the fight animation. This leaves me with basically running to the daycare to heal my pokemon for 100 bucks each while I do the ship. Any chance of being able to fix that? that is based off the latest version downloaded as 5 minutes ago.

Thanks. I'll get to that right away. Expect an updated rom within in the next hour. I'll post when it's up.

Wow, it seems the release was pretty rushed when I see all the bugs o.O
Hopefully the new release has all bugs fixed =)

Most of the bugs are from places that were in the previous beta. I thought I wouldn't have to look at those since they were all working, but it seems a couple have messed up from all of the changes. I'll look over specific ones. But yea, everything should be working right by the end of the weeknd. Putting it out now was good since by christmas(The actual date that was planed) all of these bugs will be gone.

Years
Oh ****... Why I was absent in those 2 days . I knew it the hack would be released. Dearest Congrats from me for you and your team DrG.. Finally starting now to see the hard work. Will Keep in touch the rest of the day. Adeoz!!!
Started playing the hack and saw this outside the Prof's Lab. The character's supposed to be a bit ahead should not it??
flkk7d.jpg

I thought our house should be ABC house not AB..LOL
16jfxw0.jpg

Last edited:
Years
Congratulations on finishing this hack! It's not common for hacks to go to full completion, so kudos to you!

I'll report some errors I found so far:
1. When you step on certain tiles in Ivan's Lab, the game freezes. I think those are the one right next to do the entrance/exit.

2. Like someone said above, the Pokemon Center in Dread Swamp is inaccessible

3. Some grammar errors.. but they are pretty minor

4. When you battle Sydney in the Mystic Falls Pokemon Center, she sends out a Level 23 ????? and then the game freezes.

Due to Error #4, I cannot continue with the hack :(... which is actually great because I have to go out now lol xD. But thank you again for this mini Christmas gift :) you deserve a nice long rest! :D

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
UPDATED ROM POSTED NOW

I fixed the Sydney at Mystic Falls issue. She's NOW in the rest house above Falls Route if you're still interested in battling her. Mystic Falls center is now available. I also fix the problem posted above with the player's house sign.

ANNOUNCEMENT on Errors/Bugs/Glitches:

I apologize for all of the recent problems everyone's been encountering early within the hack. I've been working on all of the newer areas and events, I didn't check back at the first events from beta 1. For some reason, they've gotten messy since I added so many things in this beta. I spent the last 2 hours looking them over and fixing them. I appreciate everyone playing the hack despite these annoying problems and trust me, you're helping out a lot because just like the first beta release, this one is bound to have bugs in it for awhile until they're all cleared up. The rom I JUST uploaded should be fine...Hopefully.

Years
I learn now in the beta that you removed the Outpost between Twist Woodlands and Tiki Village. But it looks really weird now. Take a look
imm6gw.jpg

There you go same problem in the PokeCenter's borders:
be90p.jpg

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I learn now in the beta that you removed the Outpost between Twist Woodlands and Tiki Village. But it looks really weird now. Take a look
imm6gw.jpg

lol wow, I'll get to that in the near future. As long as you can go back and forth between tiki and twist woodlands, I'll settle for now. Make sure to download the rom I just posted to avoid the Sydney Mystic Falls glitch. That goes for everyone.

Years
I am sorry for bugging u with all those bug reports but I can't fight the pokemon center joy and the male doctor in the dread swamp as the battle starts, music plays but the screen remains black sorry :( Just to let u guys in for sth, if your pokes e still within level 40, do not, I repeat do not fight Giovanni, his pokes r level 90.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2014
Ok, it s great hack, but i have the same problem.
When i entered pokecenter in Mystic Falls, Sydney appeared and when battle started, the screen went black. Now, when i downloaded the last patch, when i enter that Pokecenter, i talk to invisible Sydney and the screen goes black again.
And one more: After battle cave and defeating Prof. Ivan, i went back to battle cave and when i went out again, i had to battle invisible prof. Ivan again. :)

Years
Hey,DRG I have a problem with the event at thunder mountain. After beating Kayo the script that follows,to where those 4 people watching the battle (don't remember names) are baout to punish Kayo for losing,after the first 4-5 lines a glitch appears and the text disappears and nothing happens,they just keep on standing like the event never happened.

Could you please check it out and see for yourself if the script works rather than having me trying to explain it? Thank you in advance!

Btw,loving the hack so far :)

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2021
hey DRG after getting surf from misty,somewhere a tad after the rocks,the whole thing crashes .sorry and thanks once again

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
When I beat Adrian and his Umbreon I can see dialog which rewind automatically and after last word I can't do nothing, I can only press L or R to show help section, nothing else ( I have newest version from 1st post ) should I start from 0 ? ;<

Years
Uh... its me again haha with more corrections to be made...

1. One goon in Atlantic Cave doesn't battle you. And shouldn't the grunts/goons/goonettes disappear after you defeat Brock? They still remain once I defeat Brock

2. Sydney does appear in the Gate above Mystic Falls.. but her script still activates when you enter the Mystic Falls Pokemon Center... as a result, freezing the game

3. Ever since I replaced the ROM with the new updated one, some events activate again... such as the Victini Event and the Prof. Ivan event in Battle Cave

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
When I beat Adrian and his Umbreon I can see dialog which rewind automatically and after last word I can't do nothing, I can only press L or R to show help section, nothing else ( I have newest version from 1st post ) should I start from 0 ? ;<

Download the newest rom I just uploaded for now. The Adrian Umbreon battle shouldn't be there anymore as it's been removed from the hack. I'll be uploading a newer rom in the next few hours.

I've written down all of the errors everyone's posted and will get to fixing them. I'll post a new update within the next few hours. Thank you.

UPDATED ROM POSTED

Hey everyone. I uploaded a rom with the following errors fixed:

1.Dread Swamp's Nurse Joy & Roy is now working

2.Sydney's script in Mystic Falls is gone completely, removed from the game.

3. The game will not crash at the Montage Port/Trilogy Island due to me adding more raps to the bottom of the map. For some reason, if you go too far in that water, the game resets to the title screen.

4.KAYO's script with the 4 legendary trainers is now fixed.

I also went to all of the customized trainer battles in the hack and all of em except that sydney battle that I fixed, are working.

Another announcement, Tomorrow I'll be unavailable due to it being Christmas and I want to enjoy it without fixing errors in the hack most of the day. I'm pretty sure (And I know I said this 100 times now) that any bugs that prevent you from progressing farther SHOULD be fixed. The only one I didn't check was V in the cave near Grass Isle. But he's always worked fine. Also remember, the hack is not locked so if you have advance map while playing tomorrow, just remove the sprite that creates the problem and stops you from progressing. But don't forget to write it on the thread so I know to fix it Wednesday or Thursday. However, as I've seen people post, it is possible to continue playing the hack after the Sydney problem in Mystic Falls. Since it's now fixed, there should be 0 issues going foward and you can complete the hack. Thank you for your patience and enjoy your Christmas. I hope that if your playing Dark Rising, little bugs here and there does not stop your enjoyment and you can keep progressing til the end.

Last edited by a moderator:

Circaoffire

Clueless Scripter :/
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2016
Thank you for your bug fixing!!! Is the larvesta not listening fixed in that too?

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2013
Once I get the second masterball from the lab I go into the backroom to get to the desert and the room is a deadend essentially. I cannot go back up the stairs and the side entrance is blocked by an invisible wall.

Back