• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Ruby 2

Which OW sprites for brendan/may would look better?

• Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Firered/LeafGreen

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Customized/New

Votes: 36 67.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
My only complaint about that Swadloon is the lack of shading. Wait, that dark green is the shading... It just doesn't look right.

Pinta77

Is it suppossed to be bug type? I know sewaddle is bug type

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2013
I love it. The way you're bringing in concepts from every corner of the Pokemon universe is simply inspired.

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Good looking! nice updates ! And you have day night system ? great !
I'm ok with the new pokemon you added though i wouldn't like to see a whole lot of fakemon like quartz :P

Pinta77

I played Pokemon Quartz once. Found it at the Flea Market before I ever knew about emulation. Don't worry, no fakemon at all (meaning custom ones) although I may add a few more 5th generation pokemon, or maybe even 4th. Or maybe I'll just leave it alone.

POLL RESULTS so far: What sprites should I use?
Ruby/Sapphire - 6 Votes
Firered/Leafgreen - 8 Votes
Customized/New - 20 votes

O_O Whoah! I can't say I disagree. I'd love to use custom over world sprites. The Problem is:

1.) I'm not a great spriter. I've already made more sprites then I wanted to.

2.) The Main Characters are Brendan and May, and there are only so many possibilities within a 16x32 box. How could I make them look much different? So I think I'm going to leave them how they are unless anyone is volunteering to make sprites for me :) Or if I find some on the internet or something.

New Poll:(I dunno how/if I can close or change the other one, so for now you can just reply with an answer.)I don't know if I'll be able to pull together any ASM skills, but my goal is to make at least one alternate outfit for a playable character, meaning you will be able to freely walk around with this outfit on.
(ex: HG/SS Team Rocket Outfit, Ash Grey Version Pajamas)
I will be researching hard to see if I can figure it out, but if I can't, then there will at least be a cut scene in which you will where nice clothes.

So for the male, this is what I have so far. Which do you think looks best?(Remember, I'm not a spriter)
Suits.jpg

Original - not an option of course. Simply for comparison.
1 - I Removed the headband and changed the hair. It looks a bit like the Ruby/Sapphire Brendan around the face.
2 - Fairly simple. Normal head, but with a suit.
3 - Same as 2, except the hair is changed.
4 - A nice suit with a Team Rocket-ish black hat.
5 - Same as 4, except with a Diamond/Pearl or Mario-ish hat.

Last edited:

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
I think the 2nd and 3rd sprites are the best ones . Also im glad to hear that there will not be more custom pokemon.About the outfits i remember light platinum where WesleyFG replaced acro bike sprites with a uniform ( though you could pop wheelies whilst walking XD)

mavy42

I'm back, broz :)
Years
Hello pinta77! Been supporting your hack since I started! Hope that you finish soon and good luck! I can't pick from the sprites. But the latios sprite was really good! Did you make it?

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
can i ask something ?
Will you be able to catch the legendary dogs later ?[-You can see all 3 Legendary Dogs (Trainers have them. Not catch-able)]
Also what do yoy mean by that---->After you beat Ein, you'll be put on a secluded map. Save frequently, and have multiple saves cause you'll be trapped on Route 801 forever.
Furthermore beta 1.0 is the halfway point ?

Pinta77

I already used the acro bike sprite for steven ridin latios, and the female acro bike for ludicolo. Plus it would be cheap to use it for something like an alternate outfit. I dont want to be popping wheelies and stuff when the character puts on a suit >.<

what i mean by secluded map is it teleports you to a map with no connections and no warps back. This will be fixed with the train station as well as more connections, I just havnt done it yet. And if you save on this map (route 801) and then load it on an updated version, i dont think it will work.

Thank you all who support this, it means a lot. I remember when I made my real first rom hack when i was way younger. It was very trashy, and all my friends were like "wtf!" :P Ive come a long way, and it means a lot to have some support :)

Oh also, yes you will be able to catch the 3 dogs. Im not sure how ill implemet this yet, but i will

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
For the legendary dogs .You can add encounters with them e.g. like you battled them in reign of legends or flora sky ( if you have played them ) Also you can make them take part in a post story quest.
was pokemon origins your first hack ? ( the one in your sig that says "coming eventually " ) ? just asking

Pinta77

No, pokemon origins is a new hack that I am working on. I plan on it being my 2nd, and last Rom hack. I havent made significant progress on it because i still want pokemon pink version to be the best it can be, but I have huge plans for it.

Basically, while Pink Version is "kinda like ruby/sapphire", Origins will be something entirely unique set in a different time period. (still no fakemons though ;) ) new tiles, new characters, alternate objectives. (not the regular 8 gym's and elite 4) It is going to be more like a dungeons and dragons kind if pokemon game. Find keys, cast spells, alchemy!

But im not going to get ahead of myself. Pokemon pink version is my priority, and im going to use it as a way to learn so my next hack is absolutely amazing!

mavy42

I'm back, broz :)
Years
Banner

I made a banner for you cause your game is awesome! Give Credits! Just say the word if you want a redo! Add me as friend!

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=284392"][IMG]http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o627/mavy42/banners%2032/pinkbanner.png[/IMG]
[/URL]

Last edited:

Pinta77

Oh my God, you're the best! Thank you so much :) That means a lot!

As far as the game goes, I actually played through a Pokemon contest and, well hehe, it's playable but with a few weird quirks. Some sprites that shouldn't be there appear in the crowd, like Professor Oak, a recolored Ash, and most importantly as a contestant, a Business MAN named Maddie. I'm not sure if I can change this stuff, so I may need to live with it.

Anyway, here's me taking Swadloon into a Pokemon contest. 8 minute video, so you might not wanna watch it all, but you can look at the crowd if you want to see what I mean. Also, this video shows Swadloons's back sprite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV3fwOizHiM&feature=youtu.be

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Origins sound....original :D Anyways the hack seems to be in a good way.Also about the contests ( yay ! ash is watching me !) I also noticed that Madison is a man in this contest however in ruby Madison is a woman :O but i don't really care :P

Pinta77

Yeah I noticed that as well. Not sure how to fix it, um... I might just leave it. It's kind of funny and it isn't a huge deal.

Also, remember the suit thing? Well Brendan in the suit, as well as some other possible alternate outfits will be playable. I figured out how to do it!

oak.jpg

In case anyone else wants to know how, here's the script I used.
Spoiler:

I got the info from here, although it's all in spanish: http://wahackforo.com/t-cambio-mini-ruby_usa

But it isn't without glitches. If you look at your trainer card or look in your bag, the sprite tries to revert back to normal. Now whenever you go through a door or warp, it goes back to what you changed it to.

Also, if you go into battle, it will freeze. So I have some issues to work out. :/

Back