• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: A Very Cute Valentine's Day Event: Cupid's Arrow

Honest

Hi!
Years
I have the entirety of the weekend to help out, assuming I keep on top of this AP English essay that's already late. So if the Hstaff is too busy, I'll be glad to collab with a few volunteers. I'd rather not make the thread myself, though, since a thread like that calls for fancy codes, something I'm terrible at. ;;

Years
I really like this idea, especially if it's going to be used as a means to have members meet and make friends with someone! However, what I was thinking if it goes through is to ask the members who are willing to participate approval of their selection before it's official because I wouldn't want to be paired with someone who I have had conflicts with in the past :\ Or if it's going to be that those who wish to participate choose, then that should be fine. Just my 2 cents.

Years
Another idea would be to draw up or make cutesy 'valentines cards' in like MS Paint for us less talented people, or photoshop/GIMP/whatever for the more artistically talented users, then upload them somewhere like tinypic or imgur and share them here with your intended valentine, via VM's or blog entries.

On top of the pink usernames & badges. ;)

Last edited:

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
i like the idea of having a raffle to make a pair that stay together for a period of time and then maybe the "how well you know your partner" quiz. but the idea of trying to speed date everyone just seems kinda wrong. one thing i'm worried about is the fact that most girls on here are in their 20s while i'm going on 15, not to mention that there'll be far more boys then girls because this is a pokemon website after all.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
Oh this would be fun! I'd totally be up for this, the Newlyweds idea of Toujours is great, and we should have pink usernames all the time because that would be cute and valentiney!

Zero Percent

Loading... Please wait
Years
Pink usernames. Make it happen! The pairing is also cool, I guess. :P

i know its not a real romance thing but i would still like someone my own age and anyone else probably would to. and how is it sexist to say their are probably more boys? i've certainly met more on here.

This is is probably the most "balanced" forum I went to when it comes to gender. Everybody loves Pokemon.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Guys let's just stick to the topic here, bring the argument over VM or PM =S

If we are going to have the event, shouldn't there be plannings to do? Since it's merely 5 days away.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
right, so back to my point, separating different ages might be good too. maybe use pokemon.com's system, junior, senior and master.

EDIT: ok, so junior is like, 8 years old or something but still. for all i care it could be optional.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
But I don't think people would mind having to get paired older or younger than them. Since it's only a friendly kind of thing. but if they do, you do have a good idea about the junior, senior and master thing.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I was bored & the thread slowed sooo... y/n for the newlyweds one? (which'd obv need a separate thread)

A Valentines Day Special:
Newlyweds Challenge
Feeling lonely? Don't worry, over here we can help make you feel a little more loved this valentines day :3

So what does this challenge involve?

Just reply to this thread with who you wish to be your partner (make sure you agree with the person beforehand on being partnered up, though - it's important they know you are their partner!)

Example:
Sup, I want Wolflare to be my partner because he's a sexy wolf~

Or anything really as long as you state your partner in your sign-up post (your partner will automatically be signed up, too). Also if you have no partner, you'll be matched up randomly with someone else who replies for the ~fun~ of it. Your partner also doesn't necessarily need to be your pair or someone romantically linked with you.

Then, after that once it hits 12pm American EST, you'll each be sent out a PM. This is when it's crucial not to talk about the contents of the PM to your partner. In said PM, you'll each receive the same questions, but you have to reply to it how you think your partner would respond. Simple! You'll have more fun if you don't ask your partner what they'd respond, and given that there's no prizes then you're only cheating yourself. At 12am American EST (when February 15th starts) the results will be announced in this thread - which could become amusing to read. :3

Also, throughout the event feel free to do couple-y things with one another around PC if you want to!

Couples

1. Toujours x Sanginius

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
You've gotta have the real answers to the questions too :P Like if you ask me "What's Sanguinius' favorite color?" you have to ask him "what's your favorite color?" to compare answers. Other than that I like!

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I like that! Bloodex and I are going to collab on an opening post to get some members paired up to go up in the next day or two too :3 For those who may not want competition and just want some company on the day/weekend or to make new friends? I think the game is awesome for friends who already know each other but I don't see how it will work for people who've just been paired up is all- they will need more time for the questions, wont they? But I like the fact that it's open to everyone! :3

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Makes more sense if it's a little survey to know how well you know your pair.. that you're pre-established pairs. If you get paired with someone just for the mini contest.. then there is no guarantee they will be active or you will have a chance to speak with them before this PM gets handed out. I think it is cute just as a.. how well do you know your friends type of thing! Lets you learn more about your friends too and lets them learn more about you, bringing you closer~<3 :33

Honest

Hi!
Years
Nica, the post is perfect, I like it!

And yup, Kura and I are gonna play cupid for the next few days (you know what I mean). This is gonna be so much fun!! Someone pair with me, pl0x <3

Edit: The first draft for the pairing thread is done! If we manage our time right, the thread can go up as early as tomorrow!

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
Years
Apologies for the double post, but this is actually kinda important.

We have the first thread done for the most part (the one where people are given pairs), but Kura and I realize that we're not sure where this would go in the forum. We narrowed it down to OC and OVP. Someone (staff, preferably) wanna direct us. Much love to you <3 No pun intended

Edit: Kura's put it up in OVP for now, feel free to move it as you see fit!

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Waahhh! Whoops! I didn't see this post, Dipu.. I already put it in OVP but people are free to move it. That gives Nica a few days/ a week to start the other newlyweds game (or whoever else wants to help her out can too)
And the chat thread will be in the format of Other Clubs.. so there will be questions (maybe 1-5) that will be switched around every day for people to get to know each other better in case they are finding PMs a bit difficult to get conversation going with their (new or existing) pair.

You can find it here:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7535561#post7535561

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Oh cool this is finally getting off the ground! Wish I had more ideas, but I'm definitely signing up if I can find someone to pair with.

Back