• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Could someone do me a favor? I am makeing a Pokemon game off the rom of fire red. Unfortuneatly, that means that non-kanto pokemon can't evolve. Could someone give me the code I could put in advance map to make him give me the national dex when he would normally give me the kanto dex, while still keeping his other functions normal? I know the script has to have special 0x16F in it to give me the dex, but every time I try to script, it ends out badly...

Sorry, the only option is scripting.

Years
Sorry, the only option is scripting.

Sorry if my question was a tad vague, but i'm asking if someone could do the script for me, and tell me the codeing I need to put into advance map. Or could someone tell me exactally how to do the script, and what to put where in the script, as every time I do it, I fail at doing it!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Sorry if my question was a tad vague, but i'm asking if someone could do the script for me, and tell me the codeing I need to put into advance map. Or could someone tell me exactally how to do the script, and what to put where in the script, as every time I do it, I fail at doing it!

you need to learn how to script.
don't just script for the heck of it. try and understand the commands you type, and understand the tutorials available.

Years
you need to learn how to script.
don't just script for the heck of it. try and understand the commands you type, and understand the tutorials available.

I was mainly asking as even through I have read several tutorials on PokemonComunity, and on youtube, I still can't figure it out. Still, I will keep trying to figure it out. Nonetheless, since it is the only script I really need at the moment, could someone still make the one script to make Prof. Oak give me the national dex when he would normally give me the regional dex? Thanks in advance!

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I was mainly asking as even through I have read several tutorials on PokemonComunity, and on youtube, I still can't figure it out. Still, I will keep trying to figure it out. Nonetheless, since it is the only script I really need at the moment, could someone still make the one script to make Prof. Oak give me the national dex when he would normally give me the regional dex? Thanks in advance!
Nobody is going to make the script for you. We told you what to do but you don't want to. The reality of it all is: if you can't script then how are you hacking? Scripting is essentially the backbone of the hack. Learn to do that and everything should work in your favor.

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=228808&highlight=weather

The problem hasn't been solved yet, but I'm going to look into it and post a response there.

EDIT: Err... I got it to cover all tiles, but now it's covering the other OAMs and thus making them invisible. :\

EDIT2: 083C67F5: Fog Weather Priority Byte. Change it to 04.

EDIT3: 083A377B: Overworld Priority Byte. Change it to 00.

So this then leads to the problem that the overworlds no longer obey the tile laws, and just walk on top of everything. :\ As far as I can tell, there is no way around this. :(

well theres gonna be no other sprites on the map aside from the hero. but are you saying that they ignore the advance map movement permissions? (like they treat blocks that have 1 movement like it was C or 0/anything the player could normally walk through?) or does the player show up over the tops of trees at that point, even if the background byte is 00?

and when you say theyre invisible, do you mean like completely invisible, or just hard to see through the fog?

isnt it against the rules of this thread to ask for someone to make scripts for you?

if what youre wanting to do at the moment, since all you want is the pokedex (im guessing youre altering it and wanna check to make sure your changes are working), just grab a firered savestate that has the national dex, load it, fly to one of your new towns, and now you can get around your region and check the national dex's changes.

if thats not what youre wanting to do, man you need to learn to script

Last edited:

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
well theres gonna be no other sprites on the map aside from the hero. but are you saying that they ignore the advance map movement permissions? (like they treat blocks that have 1 movement like it was C or 0/anything the player could normally walk through?) or does the player show up over the tops of trees at that point, even if the background byte is 00?

and when you say theyre invisible, do you mean like completely invisible, or just hard to see through the fog?

No, they still obey the movement perms, just not the tiles being above the OWs. If I can work out the order in which the OWs are loaded, then I may be able to work around that, but... I dunno. :\

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
hey there i need a little help. i started editing the existing maps in my rom and put a few more houses in. as a result i needed to create a new map for the inside of one of the houses. i sorted out all the warps and so on, but for some reason when i start the rom, enter and enter the house...the screen either goes black or i enter the house and all i get is a message box coming up with random letters and symbols.

i cant click of the box either, it doesnt freeze because when i click the box disappears and comes right back

anyone no how to fix? would be much appreciated

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2011
Ok, so this is like the 17th time I've posted on this site and have yet to get an answer, and honetly I'm quite frusturated, because without help, i wont be able to move forward in my hack. But anyway, heres the question:

How do I fix cave entrance warps so that the work like theyre suppose to in LG? Everytime I try, I can walk into the cave through the warp, but I'm unable to walk back through. Help please. i could use it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
Ok, so this is like the 17th time I've posted on this site and have yet to get an answer, and honetly I'm quite frusturated, because without help, i wont be able to move forward in my hack. But anyway, heres the question:

How do I fix cave entrance warps so that the work like theyre suppose to in LG? Everytime I try, I can walk into the cave through the warp, but I'm unable to walk back through. Help please. i could use it.

have you made sure that the connection (warp) tile inside the cave has got the correct <bank> <map> number as the outside map? also make sure that where it say 'to warp number' that number corresponds to the tile outside the cave and vis versa

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2013
hey there i need a little help. i started editing the existing maps in my rom and put a few more houses in. as a result i needed to create a new map for the inside of one of the houses. i sorted out all the warps and so on, but for some reason when i start the rom, enter and enter the house...the screen either goes black or i enter the house and all i get is a message box coming up with random letters and symbols.

i cant click of the box either, it doesnt freeze because when i click the box disappears and comes right back

anyone no how to fix? would be much appreciated

When this kind of thing happens to me it is usually because I have tried to save something in too small a space and the script runs over. Not sure how to fix that, if it is even the problem. But that is normally what it is for me.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years

But you've only posted three times :P

If you haven't altered the default tileset, you can see there are two types of regular ground in caves, tiles 281 and 287. Tile 281 should be used as your default ground tile, while 287 should only be placed directly above exits leading down. This is because the tiles has special properties - It creates a an arrow which flashes down and allows the character to use warps which are stationed on that tile.

If you've edited the tileset you should create a new ground tile and change its behaviour byte to 65.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2012
Can anyone help me?

It keeps freezing whenever I go to Route 203 to fight Barry. (Diamond)

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2013
What is This Program Called?

Alright, so I need to know the name of the program that allows me to change the background colour of the game's intro where Professor Oak is talking. For example, in rijonAdventures the background colour is orange. Thanks! :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 2, 2013
I've tried searching for this, but I have a problem with the Pokedex Area in Firered
I have edited Viridian Forest to be a cave and changed its position on the world map (the blue circle in the pic), one of the Pokemon you can find there is Bagon
But when looking up its area in the Pokedex, it shows Beldum's location back where Viridian Forest used to be originally (the red spot)
How can you change this so that the red spot is correctly shown where the cave is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back