• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Opinions on Fakemons?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
Do you like fakemons?
Do you have an interest in fake moves/abilities?
Have you ever played a fan-made game, if yes what has been your favorite?

Last edited by a moderator:

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
Years
Do I like Fakemon? Personally, no.
Do I like fake moves/abilities? I guess. As on gas they make less-useful Pokémon more useful.
Have I ever played a fan-game? Yes.
What is my favorite? Pokémon Loyalty, but that's with bias. Unbiased, probably Pokémon Obsidian.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 30, 2016
To me yes I like them if they design have meaning (like what game freak do in they pokemon)

Yes if the moves and abilities are good and balanced (not any kind of bull crap)

No I didn't play fan made but I think I will made one.

But to be honest I hate when people call them "fakemon" is really stupid name and also not like give any respect. I mean yes they are fake but in they creator stay as Pokemon.

Also I love call them "fan made Pokemon" instead. It sound way better then call them fakemon.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
I know I don't like calling them fakemon either but its the term everyone calls them by.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Feb 1, 2017
So far I've only liked the fakemon in Pokemon Uranium.
I love having fan made Moves/abilities.
I'm addicted to fan made game's.
My personal top 5 (I know you didn't ask) would be Pokemon: Phoenix rising (not yet developed), Insurgence, uranium, Reborn/Rejuvenation, Zeta/Omicron.

Years
I love having fan made Moves/abilities.

This is my opinion. I don't care that much for fakemon - though fanmade Delta Pokemon / Regional Variants are cool - but fanmade moves and abilities are awesome. I love trying to figure out how you'd code something like >insert fan idea here<.

In terms of coding, a new fanmade species is just a string of numbers - stats, which abilities they have, what moves they learn, what they evolve into, etc. But actual abilities and moves are interesting because I start to think of the mechanics, and how does this new idea interact with other mechanics already present in the game? Is there an interaction that the original creator might not have thought of?

UltraCadden

Zagartulip
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I love Fakemon a lot
Fake moves/Abilities could be really nice
I only played a couple fakemon games but my favourite probably is Ethereal Gates
and as another point, I follow some cool Fakemon projects on deviantArt

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
This is my opinion. I don't care that much for fakemon - though fanmade Delta Pokemon / Regional Variants are cool - but fanmade moves and abilities are awesome. I love trying to figure out how you'd code something like >insert fan idea here<.

In terms of coding, a new fanmade species is just a string of numbers - stats, which abilities they have, what moves they learn, what they evolve into, etc. But actual abilities and moves are interesting because I start to think of the mechanics, and how does this new idea interact with other mechanics already present in the game? Is there an interaction that the original creator might not have thought of?
I completely agree, new concepts are fascinating.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
I love Fakemon a lot
Fake moves/Abilities could be really nice
I only played a couple fakemon games but my favourite probably is Ethereal Gates
and as another point, I follow some cool Fakemon projects on deviantArt
Why don't you come and see all the new pokemon related stuff on my wikia of which I am making a pokemon game.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 30, 2016
Honestly, it depends for who made the 'mon. Phoenixsong has some pretty good ones though. And I prefer the term "Fanmon". So for the rest of this post, fakemon=fanmon.
I love fan-made moves/abilities, especially the ones that actually make sense.
I never played a fangame, but I probably will play Phoenix Rising and anything you can recommend to me, but if you want some fanmon for your game, I may be able to help you there* :D

*I will only give you the sketches and my better ones, with the movesets/abilities/stats ofc

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Feb 5, 2017
I like Fakémon, it shows the creativity of a ton of people. I mean sure, there are new type combos here and there that I can forget, but Fakémon are still cool nevertheless.

Um, yeah, another creative mark right there. I mean sure, there are some that can be a nuisance. But some others, such as Uranium's Petrify ability, are really nice and can turn the edge of battle the official series never did.

I have not played a Fakémon game. I've seen only playthroughs on MunchingOrange's YouTube channel.

Dimenticare

Mindok nid.
Years
No, somewhat, and not truthfully enough to really have a favorite.

I don't dislike fakemon on principle, but I'm not an overly large fan of the ones that are badly designed. There's a certain quality that canon Pokémon have, you can tell that a number of people spent a few hours (or days) designing them which seems to be unfortunately uncommon in fan creations :P

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 9, 2020
I used to not like games with them, but I have come to like a few. Btw, is there a fan-favorite version of an evolution for Jynx, it unsettles me how they unbalanced the magmar-electabuzz-trio. Also, I'm a fan of well-made eeveelutions

Turjo

Somewhat lazy
Years
  • Age 20
  • Asia
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
No.I kind of hate them
If their graphics were a little real, It would be the real deal.

Back