• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Possible to get permission to post link before 5 posts

Years
I was previously a member of Pokemon Hackers Online, but since that website's pretty inactive I decided to come here. I've been working on a romhack with a little bit of help from that community and I wanted to post about it in Fangames/ROM Hacking/Launchpad. Since I've already made a fair bit of progress, I made a demo video and I have a github page for it. I haven't made 5 posts yet though, so I can't link either of those things. Is there a way to get permission to post links before 5 posts?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I doubt an exception to the rules would be made for you, mainly because it's really not that hard to get 5 posts. Just go find some interesting threads and share your thoughts! c:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
The rule is in place mainly to prevent spam/ad bots and people who join the site solely to advertise from posting real links to their shit (especially given that it can be malicious links sometimes).

So unfortunately, we can't make an exception for you because of that. And if we did, we'd then also have to allow everyone to post their links without the restriction and so why have the rule then. We get a lot of Pokemon ROM Hackers here.

But like has been said, you'll find that it's not a huge inconvenience to rack up 5 posts first. You already have 1 down, just 4 to go now.

Back