• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Me vs The World

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
When you are in an RP does your character mostly do his own business with his own set of NPC's, or do you try to connect your character to the bigger whole, through the means of JP's and using elements other players have introduced?

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
I love a good mix of both.
I think it does depend on the character though.
Some one like Achilles would be more inclined to stick to what he's familiar with, while Lorenzo does what he needs to do to get what he wants, nothing more, nothing less.
I'm hoping to have him interact with quite a few PCs

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years
You can't exactly but a binary answer system to this, I mean Anima plays out the story of his killing spree. But still he's in JPs, who'd of thunk it, of killing/torturing. My characters aren't really... sociable? The NPC I create are either made to react a particular way, this probably stems from my experience of writing fiction. In relation to using other people's NPCs I think it is interesting in theory, but I am kinda protective over certain aspects of characters, mainly because I'm planning leaps and bounds ahead of their current posistion. I assume that the other person has plans with it as well. All in all I actually don't get much chance to interact with other's NPCs.

Years
I like to include a mix when I RP. It's fun to develop a personal story for your characters but interactivity is also a pretty key aspect of what we do here. So it is also nice to have your character relate to the whole story in a way as well.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
It's not really a choice for me. Oftentimes I'll create NPCs that will evolve into PCs or legitimate side character and ultimately create this world that rarely mingles with others...unintentionally. SAO: Sanctuary is a great example of this, where we have two characters that were introduced as NPCs but eventually turned into full characters with large posts all their own. I love 'em, but it's the sign of a problem.

I realize this, though, and I try to go out of my to interact with others when this pops up or when my character's spending too much time alone or on their own plot. That said, I'd definitely have to say I'm in the former camp, for better or for worse.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
oh
npcs
shit.

I do try and have a balance of both. I like my NPCs and . . . well I like my NPCs. Ask around. It's true. It happens. Shh. But I also do JPs to have my character interact with others whenever I can. Honestly, I don't post frequently enough anymore to have an established pattern, but I think it's a decent mix for me, though many of my current posts are joint posts.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
It depends on how big the world is and my characters' occupations. In gunpowder I've JP'd about half of my posts there with Fox because it's not the biggest place and there's not a ton to do plus I've gotten all wrapped up in a couple of storylines involving the trio.

In Venice I see the Benedevici twins being more of a solo operation with mini jps within that don't really require to announce that its a jp.

And in Camelot there's probably going to be a lot more NPC interaction over JPs because it's just a lot bigger area to explore.

Back