• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Name

Moémon Master
Years
I was given a shiny charm, it's supposed to increase my chances of finding a shiny . . .

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I was given a shiny charm, it's supposed to increase my chances of finding a shiny . . .

It does, but it is still very rare.

The normal chance of a shiny in a normal encounter is 1 in 8192 chance. When you have the charm it is a 1 in 2371 chance. The chance of normal MM eggs have a 1 in 1,365 chance. With the charm, it goes down to 1 in 1024. It is a better chance, but is still extremely rare.

Bobith

Tossin' balls since '99
Years
I dropped off the face of the earth at the beginning of this month, and now that I'm back I figured it's update time.
<Drum roll please>

Absolutely nothing.
Huzzah.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Diglett, Paulthagerous!

Congrats on the shinies, Iceman3317!

Welcome to the club, Seattle! Congrats on the shiny Cyndaquil!

This week's random hunt is... Psyduck!

Good luck on the hunts!

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Thanks to southpark32, we now have club userbars with GenV shiny starters!! Feel free to add them to your sigs!

oshawottub_zpse2aec950.png

snivyub_zps0c0b8ab0.png

tepigub_zpsb114e73d.png

URLs:

[*IMG]http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab119/southpark32/oshawottub_zpse2aec950.png[/IMG]

[*IMG]http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab119/southpark32/snivyub_zps0c0b8ab0.png[/IMG]

[*IMG]http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab119/southpark32/tepigub_zpsb114e73d.png[/IMG]

Take out the asterisks in front of the IMG, and your sig is now shinier!! :laugh: A huge thanks to southpark32 for making these!

Hi there everyone! I'm new to the forum and thought this would be fun to join!

Im A Member Or Not?

Hey there, new member here.

Hello. :P

I didn't even know this club existed.

Welcome!

It had been roughly 5000-6000 RE's since my last shiny, so a short(ish) search.

Hey guys! It has been a while since I last got a shiny, but I have some good news. I have actually gotten 2 and found a 3rd that I had on my White version.

Congrats on those shinies!

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
After over 5000 Torchic eggs on Emerald...
After over 3000 Eevee eggs on Pearl...
After over 4000 non-Masuda Nincada eggs on Soul Silver...

We bring you...

A Shiny Litwick Chandelure!

I decided to take a break from my feverish nickname-all-born-Nincada anti-trash byte routine and hatch something simpler. I hadn't tried Gen V breeding yet, so I thought it would be nice, for a change.
I smacked a Koffing on, passed the egg move, then bred one of the first few Litwick with a Ditto for something between 200-500 eggs!

I was going to take a cap of the Litwick having just hatched, but I went to the nickname screen too quickly (and I'm also not fond of letting my Shiny "hang", saveless, while going for photographing devices).

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Congratulations to all the Shinies earned and good luck with future Shinies!

Last edited:

Bobith

Tossin' balls since '99
Years
This week's random hunt is... Psyduck!
So stoked for this one. Psyduck is a personal favorite of mine, just because of the old anime. I loved Misty's Psyduck to death as a kid, he was just such an idiot. The turquoise color is sick too. I have a thing for blue shinies, dunno why.

Also digging the new userbars. Great job!

A Shiny Litwick!
Never seen a shiny Litwick in my life, it looks pretty sweet. Not a fan of Chandelure's shiny coloration though, but that's just me.

I encountered a shiny Venonat this morning. Unfortunately, I had low battery, and my power failed before I could catch it.

The grind to masuda breed Sandshrews begins today, as I just realized Sandslash is a downright badass looking shiny.

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
I encountered a shiny Venonat this morning. Unfortunately, I had low battery, and my power failed before I could catch it..

Nooooooooo! Were you hunting somewhere where you couldn't plug it to a charger or something? If not... There's no harm to charging the DS while playing; only leaving it charging after it's already full!

Catalyst.

Nothing of significance
Years
Nooooooooo! Were you hunting somewhere where you couldn't plug it to a charger or something? If not... There's no harm to charging the DS while playing; only leaving it charging after it's already full!

There's no harm to leaving it plugged in after it's already "full" either. The DS, and pretty much all electronics with the exception of a few older cell phones, stop charging when they reach full charge, whether they are plugged in or not. :)

Sorry, just had to jump in there, and yeah I'm a member

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Yeah, that's true - I've noticed the failsafe mechanic of the DS, but didn't realise it was actually a failsafe. Regardless, I try to plug it off soon after it's charged because silly Portuguese plugs keep using up energy as long as something is connected.

EDIT: Hah, I gave my Shiny card a snazzy graphical upgrade!

Last edited:

Bobith

Tossin' balls since '99
Years

I was playing while in line at the DMV. It must have been a sight to see for the other people there, I kinda flipped out. Ah well, c'est la vie.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Still no luck on Shiny Absol, trying to MM it so I can use it right away when I start Black2. I did get the Gamestop Dialga in a trade, but I don't count them just put them on my list.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I keep finding shiny Absol lol, 2 so far which brings my total count too 3 across all games.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Litwick, Runasutaru! At first I thought you were recapping three successful hunts, lol. Good luck on the other hunts.

I'm sorry to hear about the Venonat, Bobith. I've lost progress from batteries going dead, but fortunately not a shiny. Good luck on the Sandshrew hunt. Hopefully it shines for you soon to replace the Venonat. I usually charge while playing when the battery is low.

Congrats on the shiny Absol, Razer302!

This week's random hunt is... Oddish!

I got two shiny Dialga from GameStop yesterday, one on each game, White and B2.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2013
Shinies I have: Houndoom, Ninetales

Currently hunting for Skarmory near the strange house in Black 2

Last edited:

Icecream_pokemons

Y u hate on icecream pokemon?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 9, 2013
Hi can I join? I have no shiny pokemon yet but I am searching! I just hope my first chance isn't a terrible pokemon because if it is… well it's still a shiny

Oh and when you find a shiny it sparkles right? Because I forgot if it does and if it does will it sparkle pokemon black?

Last edited:
Years
Hey everybody, I was thinking about SRing for a shiny Cyndaquil again, as well as a shiny totodile and chikorita to send to pokemon X and Y (hopefully it will be possible to do that by trading to white 2 first!), what do you all think?

Back