• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2012
Quoting myself. Can anyone help me here? Am I basically stuck? In one of my saves though whenever I enter silph co., the saturn grunts still battle me, yet when I try checking the frames the Cark Key isn't there at all. :/

Jeez man, just gameshark or codebreak it in.

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2012
Okay, so I have the SS ticket and am trying to get into the undersea express. the guy says that I missed the last train and I cannot get in any time I try. The clock always says 12:00 Am on monday and I cannot change that. What do I do?

Serial ATA

Newcomer
Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2017
Perfect remake of Pokemon Crystal, I congratulate the team for this excellent work. I have a question, though, and it's about relearning old moves. Is it possible, and where can I find the person? Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
Am now confused,as i read in the live journal,new update is going to release soon,so i'm now in a state to play or not to play!! A question to think as i'll not be able to resume in the 3.2 update!!
:-/ what to do??

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Perfect remake of Pokemon Crystal, I congratulate the team for this excellent work. I have a question, though, and it's about relearning old moves. Is it possible, and where can I find the person? Thanks in advance.

Every Pokécentre has a computer in the upper left corner (except perhaps the Pokécom centres in Goldenrod And Leaf Bay) which will reteach your Pokémon's old moves for free. It's only active after you enter Ecruteak's Pokécentre though.

Okay, so I have the SS ticket and am trying to get into the undersea express. the guy says that I missed the last train and I cannot get in any time I try. The clock always says 12:00 Am on monday and I cannot change that. What do I do?

Change to an emulator with RTC support. If you're already using an emulator with RTC support, it may not be turned on. To turn it on:
Click Option -> Emulator and make sure that Real Time Clock has a check mark next to it, which indicates that it's turned on.

If is still doesn't work, then you have some issue where the emulator can't read your computer's time.

If you're playing on a flashcart, and it doesn't have an RTC chip, then you are screwed, quite simply.

Serial ATA

Newcomer
Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2017
Every Pokécentre has a computer in the upper left corner (except perhaps the Pokécom centres in Goldenrod And Leaf Bay) which will reteach your Pokémon's old moves for free. It's only active after you enter Ecruteak's Pokécentre though.
Excellent, thanks for the response.

days

Galactic HQ
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2013
Cant play on flash cart :( or so it says. Any luck with a EZ IV?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
in my mobile too!!
1day behind,,
one more thing,,in all the cities till erutek city(i've played now)some trainers have same pokemon,,and also,,the burned tower,,i think something missing in it,,no items are there,,like previously there was!!
Am enjoying every moment of this game!!

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Guys! Just posting to say that an OFFICIAL BETA is due out in the next few days. This should hopefully fix some MAJOR issues from the last beta, as well as the Live Beta.

The even better news for some, is that the game should now be playable using flashcarts! :D We pulled a major overhaul of the saving system, and in doing so, made the game compatible with flashcarts again.

The bad news to go with it is that the new beta will NECESSITATE a restart of the game. You won't even get a choice in this matter, because the ROM will automatically delete your save game if you try to reload an old save. This is because we have repointed the Trainerflags, Flags and Variables to ensure they don't interfere with each other or with other important data. We sincerely hope this will fix the remaining bugs in LC and allow us to push on with the Orange Islands! :)

This should also, in theory, fix all the Bad Eggs in the game!

This will NOT fix the lack of gender specific text, although we plan to fix that as we play through the game from scratch again.

The patch will be published in the next day or so, so I hope everyone's excited!

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
Guys! Just posting to say that an OFFICIAL BETA is due out in the next few days. This should hopefully fix some MAJOR issues from the last beta, as well as the Live Beta.

The even better news for some, is that the game should now be playable using flashcarts! :D We pulled a major overhaul of the saving system, and in doing so, made the game compatible with flashcarts again.

The bad news to go with it is that the new beta will NECESSITATE a restart of the game. You won't even get a choice in this matter, because the ROM will automatically delete your save game if you try to reload an old save. This is because we have repointed the Trainerflags, Flags and Variables to ensure they don't interfere with each other or with other important data. We sincerely hope this will fix the remaining bugs in LC and allow us to push on with the Orange Islands! :)

This should also, in theory, fix all the Bad Eggs in the game!

This will NOT fix the lack of gender specific text, although we plan to fix that as we play through the game from scratch again.

The patch will be published in the next day or so, so I hope everyone's excited!
So not even a savestate would matter? and what else does this beta fix just bad eggs if that is so i really dont plan on using any of the pokemon that come from it. A minor issue for me is the crazy about of rain it reminds me of minecraft sure its great but after it rain it gets a little bothersome

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
Like JungleNutz said, I would really be grateful if you could prevent it from raining so much. A while ago I played this hack up to Violet City, but I stopped because I did not like quite a few things, one of which being the excessive rain (I know it is a small thing but it made the game seem too depressing). If you decide not to reduce the rain then that is fine, but I am hoping to start playing again with this new update and possible reduction of rain.
One question though, when you add more of the Orange Islands in, will we have to create a new game?
Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

And also, linkandzelda, have you got any news on your new Emerald project?

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
stuck!! Olivian city,,can't go beyond the gym gate,some1 comes from the gym and game stucks!!
Damn can't play now!! :-(

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
So not even a savestate would matter?

You really shouldn't use savestates in the first place, unless you absolutely cannot use the normal save system. Save states actually cause problems in and of themselves. Simple fact is, if you use savestates and get a bug, we can't confirm it's not caused by the savestate.

What else does this beta fix just bad eggs if that is so i really dont plan on using any of the pokemon that come from it.

It should also fix the resetting events and the trainers bug, where all trainers suddenly decide not to battle you.

A minor issue for me is the crazy about of rain it reminds me of minecraft sure its great but after it rain it gets a little bothersome

I would really be grateful if you could prevent it from raining so much.

Yeah, it's summer as well. The unstopping rain doesn't really make any sense.

One question though, when you add more of the Orange Islands in, will we have to create a new game?

No. You will be able to use a Beta 3.2 save to play it, but NOT a beta 3.1 save.

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2017
First of all a major thanks to the developers for this amazing storyline and gaming experience

Now thing is i am on Valencia Island got the GS ball too BUT it wont let be get on the Undersea Express it always says "you just missed the last train"....the next one supposedly arrives in 10 minutes which never end :(

Someone help me with this >.>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few complaints....

The Physical and Special thing has been seperated but the TMs available are all Physical type!The newer versions of the game had to add a lot more TMs to acomodate the split which is not the case in this hack...

We have a tonnes of options for pokemon but not the TMs...I know the guy in cerulean says u can dig for TMs but on some specific day and this game has been killing me on time based events :(

Cant the thing be changed to say weather based event?

Another word on the TMs/Move tutors something like brick Break aka a good fighting move is necessary! Its good against Normal,Rock,Dark,Steel and Ice types...anyone would have a few pokemon with 1 move reserved for this type ~_~

I wouldn't say about flame thrower,Ice beam and Thunderbolt because i think its been mentioned :3

Something like a Move tutor which teaches assorted Special based moves/moves available via TMs on other generations might be good idea...U can add some new currency we get for say beating the berry tower etc which maybe exchanged for berries or be given to this move tutor ;)

About the rains its quite unfair that only water type pokemon stand to get the free weather based bonus...when its sunny does the Fire type moves get bonus too ?Abilities like Swift swim which i think makes water pokemon faster can end a match which u should have won...the grass type too gains from a Sunny weather so it might make the thing quite fair IMO

This might be my first post so its highly unrefined but please take it easy on the newbie :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
Yeah, it's summer as well. The unstopping rain doesn't really make any sense.
Great, just to clarify, that means you are planning on reducing the frequency of rain? As htt91 said, I think adding in sunny weather would kind of balance it out, but I personally dislike being reminded of the weather in battles every turn, and it would seem easier to just decrease the rain than balance it out with more sun.
No. You will be able to use a Beta 3.2 save to play it, but NOT a beta 3.1 save.
That's good to hear, thanks for the reply. :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
Just so long as the TM stuff is fixed (so that Noctowl can't learn Ice Punch but Delibird can etc.) I will happily start my game again.

However, I have to ask are there any plans to update the tilesets in the marts, houses and gyms? They're identical to the original Crystal and really should be remade to look newer imo

Back