• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
This is a mock up, not tested it yet, but it should work. I've also contacted Darcy in hopes of getting Suicune animated for the title screen.

Untitled-10.png

I like it, good job, and it would be cool to see suicune animated.

Years
This is a mock up, not tested it yet, but it should work. I've also contacted Darcy in hopes of getting Suicune animated for the title screen.

Untitled-10.png

Just one word, Awesome:D.
what a great Title screen. cant stop looking.
Animation would be great.
BTW, I think the platform on which Suicune standing should be a little bit darker;) but its just my thought. don't worry about it :D

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2012
hey ,man,i really love this hack and live the battle tower。can next beta have it?
and i find its a kinda easy to this hack,especial RED i think i too week。can u make it difficult to beta3.1 like shiny gold have a normal one and difficult one X!
howeve ,GOOD luck ,go on it ,fighting!

Years
Where a bouts did this happen like what area? I'm thinking victory road.[/QUOTE]

yeah it was victory road and i started again from the last save tried patching the rom with beat 1 and 1.1 and this time i couldnt exit the cave.

Years
Hey Zeikku! That's an awesome titlescreen! It alls falls together really nicely. One thing, though, is concerning me on the "mountain" that the Suicune is stood on, and that's it's outline. The grey looks really out of place and should be a mixture of black and dark brown imo. Though you did say it was a mockup so it may just be a WIP..? Either way, it looks great, as does the rest of this hack. All the best~

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Hey Zeikku! That's an awesome titlescreen! It alls falls together really nicely. One thing, though, is concerning me on the "mountain" that the Suicune is stood on, and that's it's outline. The grey looks really out of place and should be a mixture of black and dark brown imo. Though you did say it was a mockup so it may just be a WIP..? Either way, it looks great, as does the rest of this hack. All the best~

Yeah that's a problem, you see the Background has 16 colors, if I can somehow get black in the palette without too much of a loss in quality. Doubt I could get a dark brown in there but I'll see what I can do. Right now I'm working on replacing the weird sprites in the game :P

Can someone also name ugly sprites, except charizard and pidgey?

Also, what do people think of this palette for the hero's intro sprite? Note: Palettes for the hero will not actually change this beta, I'm just experimenting :P
palette.png

Ohh and this release we're going to have a lot of revamps so that people get a sense of nostalgia when playing this. Remember this little bird?
pidgey-2.png

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Guys i've got a serious question. Which do you prefer for LC, the GSC surfing music from the originals? Or the Wind Waker music from the current beta?

Years
Hey LaZ i vote for GSC original music and i have a question for you too? Could not u insert some of the final evolutions of the Gen 1,2,3 pokemons which appeared in 4th generation i.e Gallade, Rhyperior, Electivire, Magnezone, Magmortar etc. I just love these pokes. I knw they are not possible in ths beta. But wht about in ur next beta?

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Hey LaZ i vote for GSC original music and i have a question for you too? Could not u insert some of the final evolutions of the Gen 1,2,3 pokemons which appeared in 4th generation i.e Gallade, Rhyperior, Electivire, Magnezone, Magmortar etc. I just love these pokes. I knw they are not possible in ths beta. But wht about in ur next beta?

It's an idea we're willing to get working. However, extending the Pokédex isn't something we can do yet. I'm pretty sure it can be done in future. Your idea is something we've considered and quite frankly, we definitely have slots for the Pokémon sprites, moves, stats, evolutions and much more. However, the 'dex entries for these extra Pokémon would not be included.

In other words, we're not ready to insert Pokémon until we are certain we can get the extra data slots in the 'dex for the Pokémon - I'm pretty sure LaZ feels the same. We're striving to make this release as problem-free and for now, inserting these new Pokémon will only duplicate our problems. Do not be discouraged, I'm sure we'll figure this issue out by the next release (beta 4). :)

Years
Alternatively, would it not be possible to have one Pokédex entry that says something like "This POKéMON is foreign. Little info is known." and then repoint the rest of the Pokémon's entries to that entry?

Years
Hey Zeikku i would definitely b not discouraged and thnx for the compliment and i could wait till the next beta.
Also on the other side plz change the back sprites of Graveler and Golem if u could plz.

Years
Seeing that this is supposed to be a remake of Crystal you should have the Gold and Silver surfing music. Also I like the Ethan sprite you made Zeikku, it resembles his older Suigimori artwork.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Hey Zeikku i would definitely b not discouraged and thnx for the compliment and i could wait till the next beta.
Also on the other side plz change the back sprites of Graveler and Golem if u could plz.

Don't think I ever changed the backsprite for Graveller ever (that's the way it looks in FireRed). I'll probably leave it the way it is, I doubt I can find a better one and I hate spriting rock pokémon - They're so boring. :P Golem is definitely being changed though _ Not today but definitely later on in the week.

Just a heads up, I made like 18 new Pokémon sprites today for Liquid Crystal and they WILL be nostalic (They're decent revamps). I'll hopefully post screens later once LaZ inserts and repoints them all and deletes old image data.

@Spherical Ice, I understand that and it's a pretty good idea. However, this release is pretty much going to be a bigger and better remake than the previous releases. We're really focusing on matching the gameplay to that of the original Crystal so 4th/ 5th gen isn't exactly a priority. At the same time, it would make sense to add the evo's and prevo's. Either way, you won't be disapointed with this release - Everything is top notch. I might even do a video demonstration tomorrow. :P

@SonicBlazePlatinum, the actual sprite was actually based off Ken Sugimori's artwork, I happen to be pretty good at spriting from images but here's the original:
Hero.png

Last edited:
Back