• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I wish we were able to see that vid. I have been searching high and low for it. Anyone happen to know where to find it? Along with the Orotto video lol. If GF needs any help designing new pokemon, I would gladly give my input. I have a few Fairy/Bug and Dark/Fairy types.

I just seriously hope they release the starter evos already. I just dont want them to do to Fennekin, what they did to mudkip.

The video only exists in the theaters in Japan. There won't be any media of it until gamefreak and TPC release it internationally. So we won't see it for a short while.

Years
I wish we were able to see that vid. I have been searching high and low for it. Anyone happen to know where to find it? Along with the Orotto video lol. If GF needs any help designing new pokemon, I would gladly give my input. I have a few Fairy/Bug and Dark/Fairy types.

I just seriously hope they release the starter evos already. I just dont want them to do to Fennekin, what they did to mudkip.

They only showed it at E3, and no camera's were allowed unfortunately. Also, the Oorotto video was shown after the Pokemon 16th Movie, so the only way to see it is if you go and see the movie. :C
Because it's the opening intro, I can only assume that they'll show it once they start advertising Pokemon X and Y on TV. Pikmin 3, which is coming out in a few weeks, only just got their TV ad, so I don't think we'll see Pokemon X and Y's one for a while..

BUT!!! In next weeks Pokemon Smash, they did that thing where they showed a cardboard with a "?" on it to hint new information/pokemon being revealed. However, this cardboard was huge compared to previous ones. I'm betting they're either showing the 5 new Pokemon released in CoroCoro, Oorotto, or the final stage evolutions of the starters(though I kinda doubt this one).
We were told that next months CoroCoro was going to be massive, so who knows. As for me, I'm hoping they'll show the Dragon Eeveelution. Doubtful, but hopeful!

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Uuuuuugh. Rada rada rada....
Oh well. I was just hoping someone would have leaked it in some way by now. Just impatient I suppose.
Hey wait, so was that the only NEW pokemon mentioned in the movie?
Then what was the deal with Sableye on the poster? No new evo for him?

I'm hoping they'll show the Dragon Eeveelution. Doubtful, but hopeful!

I do too. Its totally plausible. Dragon is the last "Special" type so it could happen.
However....I will take on your "Drageon" with my Sylveon any day.
Fairy Powaaaahhhh!!!!! hehehe

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The video only exists in the theaters in Japan. There won't be any media of it until gamefreak and TPC release it internationally. So we won't see it for a short while.
By the time they do show it the games will proably already be out...also I don't believe they show the previews for the next movie on tv...
Either way 89 days until XY come out :3.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Either way 89 days until XY come out :3.

Yeah, thats true. I just wish it was more like 2 days.
Or that the starter evos were released already. How can I decide on a team if I dunno if my Fennekin evolution would be glorious like Ninetales or all "Merph" like Garbordor (No offense to any Garbordor fans. To each their own.)

Anyone else secretly hope that one of the starters gets a dual typing thats fairy?
Oh and I read somewhere that Orotto is suspected to be a Sableye Evo and I was like "whaaaaa?"
Makes no sense at all. But then again, we have no official artwork, so I cant definitively say that it cant be a Sableye evo. Its just....highly unlikely....

Last edited:

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 23, 2016
@Jerricko there r gonna have all the older gen pokes plus how many new pokes they add, i highly doubt that they would be trannferring to 3d grahics with out being sure that they get all pokes in the game

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
That reminds me of the fan art with the obese Fennekin being it's final evolution...I hope that's not how it'll look xD.

Oh god I certainly hope thats not the case. It needs a very lush and beatiful.
It is based off of France's foxes after all.

I mean look at what they did. Chespin (a chipmunk of sorts) is everywhere in the trees of France. Squirrels are more common in other places. Froakie (the frog). I mean hello? Frog legs anyone? Maybe HE is the edible Pokemon in the game, not Swirlix lol. And Fennekin, the fox? Fox hunts were all over france and Europe.

My theory is Chespin will bulk up and be the heavy hitter. Froakie will easily become the swift one, and Fennekin seems likely to be a specialty use, I just hope the design isnt thwomped.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years

I mean look at what they did. Chespin (a chipmunk of sorts) is everywhere in the trees of France. Squirrels are more common in other places. Froakie (the frog). I mean hello? Frog legs anyone? Maybe HE is the edible Pokemon in the game, not Swirlix lol. And Fennekin, the fox? Fox hunts were all over france and Europe.

My theory is Chespin will bulk up and be the heavy hitter. Froakie will easily become the swift one, and Fennekin seems likely to be a specialty use, I just hope the design isnt thwomped.
Actually Fennekin is based on a type of fox (Fennec) not native to France, though it is native to it's former colony of Algeria.

I agree with you that that will proably be the set up for the final evolutions.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Actually Fennekin is based on a type of fox (Fennec) not native to France, though it is native to it's former colony of Algeria.

I agree with you that that will proably be the set up for the final evolutions.

Oh no no no, I know its designed after the fennec foxes. But I mean the IDEA of the foxes came from france. The fact they picked a fennec fox was so it could accurately be portrayed as a starter. I am sure that it's evolutions will be more related to the Red Foxes in Europe.

Years
Why skates tho? Bikes are faster. And the videos I have seen where bikes if I remember correctly.

Also how do so many people know what these pokemon are based off of.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Why skates tho? Bikes are faster. And the videos I have seen where bikes if I remember correctly.

Also how do so many people know what these pokemon are based off of.

What? I have yet to see a video of the players on a bike. Only skates and gogoat. I would love to see even Ryhorn if it was possible. But I think they only verbally confirmed you can ride Ryhorn.

Oh, and we know what they are based on cuz we use our eyes. Plus, GF confirmed many of them.

Last edited:
Years
What? I have yet to see a video of the players on a bike. Only skates and gogoat. I would love to see even Ryhorn if it was possible. But I think they only verbally confirmed you can ride Ryhorn.

I think you will only be able to ride mount pokemon, gogoat is a mount pokemon so I highly doubt ryhorn will be ridable but you never know

And I mean how do people know what typenof fox the starter is based off of becsause I highly doubt that the average person knows that type of fox.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I think you will only be able to ride mount pokemon, gogoat is a mount pokemon so I highly doubt ryhorn will be ridable but you never know

Uhhhh.....no. GF confirmed the only ridable pokemon (so far) are Gogoat and Ryhorn. It has been proven correct.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Two thing 1 you don't need to be so rude -.- 2. They could change Ryhorns classification or w.e into a mount type if he's gonna be rideable.

Not trying to be rude. Its just so many people KNOW Ryhorn is ridable and its been confirmed for so long now that its surprising someone didnt know.

And for your info, not all ridable pokemon are mounts. Dodrio, Arcanine, Ryhorn, Onix, Dewgong, even Starmie was ridden at some point in the game/anime/manga.
So dont think only mounts can be ridden.

Years
Hey wait, so was that the only NEW pokemon mentioned in the movie?
Then what was the deal with Sableye on the poster? No new evo for him?

I do too. Its totally plausible. Dragon is the last "Special" type so it could happen.
However....I will take on your "Drageon" with my Sylveon any day.
Fairy Powaaaahhhh!!!!! hehehe
What's this about Sableye? I haven't seen anything, do you have a picture?
There's countless pieces of evidence that proves my little dragon Eevee exists :3 It shall be called "Draceon", I can smell it. And I'll be having Sylveon too, I call a double battle!!

This^^^ I wrote down what stats I think the final evo's would be and we got the same haha! It just seems to obvious, but we could be wrong. And I totally agree with Fennekin becoming "lush and beautiful", but I've reached a dilemma. I do want it to be LIKE Ninetales, but the way its going I feel like we'll just be given Ninetales v2.0 :/ I want it to look awesome, but not TOO much like Ninetales.

As for Rhyhorn, that too was shown in the intro haha! Apparently it was seen smashing boulders..?(Someone check this I'm uncertain) But yeah we'll just have to wait. Nintendo Direct should be up within the next few days, potentially tomorrow. Fingers crossed it's got some news for us!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
What if fennekin is just the baby evolution of vulpix o.o

That's not happening. Sure, Vulpix and Fennekin are based on foxes, but that doesn't make them evolutionarily related. Plus, Fennekin is already confirmed to be a starter, so it will evolve into something different entirely.

Years
Okay guys I was doing a bit of research on Norse Mythology, which is the apparent inspiration of Pokemon X and Y (google it if you want proof) and I happened upon something VERY intriguing. Take a look guys :
"Before there was soil, or sky, or any green thing, there was only the gaping abyss of Ginnungagap. This chaos of perfect silence and darkness lay between the homeland of elemental fire, Muspelheim, and the homeland of elemental ice, Niflheim."
Anyone get the link? Let's just say that GF is using this as their inspiration. Now, I'm 99.9% that Team Flare aren't the only bad guys, so am I right to think that the other evil organization is Ice based?? Team Flare vs. Team Frost ?!?! And if that gaping abyss "Ginnungagap" were also to be implemented in Pokemon X and Y, it would definitely be the "Distortion World" or "(I don't remember what it was for Gen 5, was it Giant Chasm?)".
Unfortunately I don't have any solid evidence to back up my statements, they're just theories. But wouldn't it be cool?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back