• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen why do people hate gen 5 so much???

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
I will say though, that the first time I played the games they felt weird, like not pokemon-y. Something about the battle screen (the sprites, both how they look and how they are animated, but also the background) which feel cheap and kind of suck tbh. I also felt like some designs didn't look like pokemon (haxorus comes to mind) but I no longer mind that., Overall, I think these games are amazing.

Seconded. I had somewhat similar views to you when I started playing BW for the first time. in that it all felt pretty weird compared to my previous experience with HGSS. However most of the ire was drawn to the cries, because they all sounded a lot different to the first four generations, and a lot were pretty similar to each other as well. Over time I grew to appreciate the generation, even moreso when playing through B2W2, which ironed out some of the problems in BW, and now B2W2 are, in my opinion, the strongest Pokemon games out there, and my favourites.

As for the Pokemon, I know this has been brought up a lot: "HURR DURR THEY MAKE ICE CREAM POKEMON HURR DURR THEY MAKE CHANDELIER POKEMON HURR DURR THEY MAKE GEAR POKEMON BLAH BLAH GF RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS!!!!" and of course we'd bring up Gen I's laundry list of inanimate object Pokemon, such as Grimer, Voltorb and Magnemite, but a worrying trend I've started seeing is people defending the former statement, claiming statements like just because it was acceptable in the past, it doesn't mean it's acceptable now. Honestly, this grinds my Klinkla-er, gears.

Last edited:
Back