• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hack's Recommendations

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 23, 2014
Rom-game suggestions

Hello all, a new user, hoping to be a good member of a brilliant pokemon community!

So, I will be having some free time now, with university semester about to end, so I was hoping I could get some time and play a new pokemon game. What I am looking for, is a game/rom with mega evolutions and other gen 6 pokemon,moves and even some fakemon if they are not too off ( i saw an image with an armored ewtwo or something the other days I believe).

I would love if it could be for DS, but GBA ones are cool too.

So what do you gurus suggest?

Thanks!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 16, 2014
Pokemon Emerald Shiny Patch

Heyo~

I know this has probably been asked a squillion times but I can't find any answers :/

I'm looking for a patch for Pokemon Emerald (One that I can permanently patch and incorporate into the ROM for EZ-Flash IV) that will make all pokemon Shiny. I would try to use gameshark codes but they seem to be somewhat broken on the EZ-Flash.
I really shouldn't cheat this way but I have already completed the pokedex and all I really wanna do is play in full on Shiny mode.
I'd go for a LeafGreen or FireRed hack but I really like Emerald.
But I digress.
To summarize, I'm looking for a permapatch for pokemon emerald that makes all pokemon shiny (Including the Legendary pokemon E.g. Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre etc)
Also I'd like to have all the event locations unlocked to visit for shiny versons of the legendaries there~

I will do what I can to repay the person that can help me out :3
Thanks in advance
~~Sephi~~

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Moop
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
Pokemon hacks?

Can somebody point me in the right direction to where I can find a good pokemon hack for gba4ios? I've already played glazed and light platinum and now I'm looking for another. This will be much appreciated.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
'What should I play next?' Thread

Noticed an abundance of threads asking which hack to play next. Rather than have 10 different threads asking the same question(s) it is better to only have one. Please ask and post suggestions in here from now on. :)

CosmicBlazer

Batman
Years
Noticed an abundance of threads asking which hack to play next. Rather than have 10 different threads asking the same question(s) it is better to only have one. Please ask and post suggestions in here from now on. :)

Yeah that could work and then you include a list of completed hacks to play and hacks in work that people could play so it is organized and someone doesn't have to search through the post looking for a hack they want to play

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 16, 2014
GBA hacks with a physical/special split?

I've finished playing Yet Another Fire Red Hack and I really liked the fact that it had a physical/special split, so I was wondering if anyone knows other GBA hacks with a similar split?

Mikekillkill

Musket Marine
Years
dude thats insane... instead use a shiny pokemon code for wild encounters and all that...
plus all shinies takes the fun out of the game...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 16, 2014
dude thats insane... instead use a shiny pokemon code for wild encounters and all that...
plus all shinies takes the fun out of the game...

I would like to do that but as I said codes are rather broken and because I want specific pokemon shiny, combining two codes gives me normal sunflora >_>

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Trying to remember the names of some hacks

I remember about 4 or so years ago me and my friend found a site with a huge list of pokemon hacks and I remember some specific details from the hacks but I don't remember the names of the hacks themselves.

I remember that one hack, which was actually one of those hacks with completely new and made up Pokémon, had starters that were all eggs and they'd evolve into dinosaurs for their final evolution, with a dinosaur with an eggshell still attached as the middle stage. I also remember from the hack an area which was sorta like the route to the left of Mauville and was covered in snow. Elsa remember that in the snowy area there was a birdlike Pokémon that was water and ice type and I'm pretty sure it was actually based on the Spheal line.

I remember that there was another hack, and it might be the hack I just mentioned with the egg starters, that had a Pokémon called Strawbaya which looked like a Shroomish shaped like a strawberry and it evolved into a tree with boxing gloves. This might be the same hack as the previous one but I'm not completely sure.

I remember another hack, which is definitely not the same as the one I just mentioned or the one before it, had a town in between two mountains or between a mountain and a marshland (I'm not completely sure) and I remember there was a Bastiodon and it and I believe it was level 40 or something around there and the player was to catch it for the story.

I also remember, and this might be from the hack that I just talked about with the Bastiodon, that there was a route right below a town or city that was rainy (it may of been a swamp or a marshland) and I believe it had wild Shinx and/or Riolu in the grass.

Another feature I remember from a hack, and this also might be the same as either the last or the last two hacks, was a town that was similar to Verdanturf that was on a pond and had a lot of flowers and fences. Another feature that I remember from the same hack as this was an area kind of like a valley and it had a person in it that gave you the Sinnoh starters and this was after getting a couple of the gym badges. I think it may have been the in same area as the Verdanturf-like town.

I remember another aspect of a hack, which might be the same as the previous one, two, or three hacks, is that on the way from one town to another via an ocean route similar to the one from Lilycove to Mossdeep, was a mountain that had Ho-oh in it that you could capture without it being relevant to the story, meaning it was just there not having to do with the main plot (or at least I hadn't gotten to the part of the game where that became important to the story if it were to become important).

The last aspect of hack that I remember is that it was an area that was dark and it had a swirly, red and bluish pattern without a clear path in it and at the end of the path I believe it had deoxys or some other legendary that was very important seeming like Darkrai or Mew or Arceus or possibly even Lugia. As I have said before, this might be the same hack as the others, but I'm not completely sure.

I hope you guys can help and thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I remember about 4 or so years ago me and my friend found a site with a huge list of pokemon hacks and I remember some specific details from the hacks but I don't remember the names of the hacks themselves.

I moved your thread to the ROM Hacking Hub since the Hacks Studio is for released hack threads only.

From what I remember, not a lot of hacks were complete 4 years ago, There might have been some with betas, but the majority of them were given up on, so even if you manage to get their names I'm not sure if you could actually get to play them, at least not as complete versions.

Strawbaya is from Pokémon Quartz, one of the few complete ROM hacks that were around 4 years ago, though it's just a slightly altered Pokémon Ruby with all new fakemon. Its "sequel", Pokémon Marble, has a beta available and may also have Strawbaya in it.

The egg starters that evolve into dragons ring a bell but I'm afraid I can't recall the hack's name.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Well I believe the whole egg-looking starters thing is from Pokémon Quartz (mentioned by Spheal), along with Strawbaya or whatever.

I honestly can't remember any of the other stuff you brought up, though.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Thanks to that hack's creator (and a few others) the P/S patch is widely available for us ROM Hackers. This means that the majority of hacks out right now do actually include the P/S Split. I'd suggest taking a good browse through the Hacks Studio and Progressing Hacks subforums because you'll probably find quite a few.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Thanks Spheal for putting this in the right place and I was thinking it might have been quartz but I haven't had an opportunity to check.

Oh I just looked it up and quartz does have the egg starters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Thanks Spheal for putting this in the right place and I was thinking it might have been quartz but I haven't had an opportunity to check.

Oh I just looked it up and quartz does have the egg starters.

Yeah, I thought they could be in Quartz but after a quick google search the Marble starters showed up, so I thought they weren't.

Perhaps if you could give more details on the other hacks we might be able to help, but like I said, not many hacks from back then have been finished. Another hack I remember being complete back then is Dark Future, though this was before Generation 4.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Also now that I think of it it was about 3 years ago, 4-5 was just an approximation.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I'm not sure I understand what you posted, but if you want to post a hack, you may post it in the Hacks Studio if it has a playable version with a length longer than four gyms, or Progressing Hacks if it's still in progress. If you haven't started working on it and it's just an idea, you can post it in the Beginner's Lounge section. Thread closed.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 25, 2014
Gen IV Attack Style Roms

Hey guys,

This is my first time on this forum. I just have a simple question, because I can't find the answer myself. Are there any completed rom hacks of Gen I, II or III that have the new battle style incorporated in the Gen IV games? I love the classics, but I also find the battle system of the new gens (how a water move can be physical & how a ground move can be special) very refreshing. I'm desperately looking for this system in a hack for an older gen. Any help would be awesome. Thanks so much everyone!

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Yep.

-Yet Another Fire Red Hack takes FR/LG and putts in a whole bunch of mechanics/Pokemon from all generations.

-Liquid Crystal does this, but it's in beta (though the main game is finished so you shouldn't worry about this).

-Vega, but it's in Japanese. Also it's tough as nails without milk, but in a very good and intelligent way.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
If you're just looking for a physical/special split, a lot of hacks have it now (mainly thanks to Doesn't). If you check some of the hacks' threads, most of the time the poster will state if the hack contains the split.

Back